Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2021, 07:49 AM

72,960 posts, read 62,547,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
If you want to drive a car at extremely high speeds where doing that is legal in the United States, then you need to become a race car driver.

Good luck with that.
With some of the speeders I've been around, they are aware it isn't legal, or responsible. One person I knew, I told him that if he wanted to engage in reckless and destructive tasks, go to a race track, go to a junk yard, don't take out your exploits at a hotel or on the road. Go to a race track, a go-kart track, or the junkyard.

His response: It's no fun if you're allowed to do it. It's illegal to go 80 in a 40mph zone. It's not allowed to wreck a hotel room. That's what makes it fun.

Some people, like the guy I was talking about in a previous post, view speeding as some kind of rite of passage. Some people view speeding as "I speed because driving the speed limit is for wimps". There are times I think "Is your life so boring that you want to get in trouble that badly"?

Old 04-10-2021, 07:51 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Quote:
I've driven in several states from coast to coast and never seen this. So, I am assuming it is rare or not widely enforced.

Which state has this rule?
If you're white you can to drive however you want. The rules don't apply to you. Only blacks have ever been pulled over and gotten traffic tickets.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:15 AM

12,953 posts, read 13,663,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
How can blacks get ahead when the democrats keep telling them that whites are better, have white privilege and that blacks and their black skin makes them a victim.... this is the message of the sicko left.

The left is the racists here and they think and speak as they are white supremacists telling blacks they are not as good as a white person. This is a detriment to blacks with such a condescending message they pump out for years. Today the dems believe that blacks are not capable of getting an ID to vote. This is an insult . They portray blacks as being stupid and backward . This is racist.
This is a current story:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...tirade-rcna630

Suellentrop was released later that day after a Shawnee County District Court judge found during a first hearing that “pertinent information” wasn’t included in the arrest report, meaning there was no probable cause to support his arrest.

This is how a white Republican is treated by the establishment after driving 90 miles an hour down an interstate the wrong way, while drunk, resisting arrest and calling an officer a "donut boy." This proves white people are better than black people. A black man would have been shot just for good measure.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:46 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I’m in a weird place politically. I personally think progressivism is trash and overall doesn’t work. I’m not a fan of the alt right or any sort of group think narratives encouraged by the right. I think most conservative politicians are fairly bland and have nothing interesting to say. Same for liberal politicians. And I find there really isn’t a difference between the 2 parties with each party having interchangeable ideas whenever it’s politically convenient. I also think political partisanship is fairly toxic, doesn’t actually lead to anything great, and is basically political junk food.

Take the worst aspect of political junk food. Identity politics and novelty acts. Liberals do it a ton. They love their LGBTQZ political speakers and politicians. And love to advertise it. But conservatives are just as guilty. Enter the black conservative.

As a black man who has identified as a conservative. I often wonder who is black conservative political commentary actually for? I mean one person may naively think it’s for black people. But they don’t have anything compelling or interesting to say about black people. Or have any real messaging that’s new or insightful. Worst of all it’s mostly a critical idea but end game just seem to be “hey switch parties”. So that black people can just be ignored by Republicans like they’re currently ignored by democrats. It’s really no different honestly.

Biggest talking point is “stay in school, get a job, don’t join a gang, and take care of your family”. Yes this is the big talking point black people really need to hear. And the only people who ever tell black people they need to listen to black conservative commentators are white conservatives.

So what do they think. That black people aren’t ware of these things. As if black community is this bizzaro dimension where every encourages everyone to drop out school, join a gang, and abandon their children. News flash this preachy posturing is probably mode prevalent in the black community than probably any other community. Every preached and school teacher says this.

So I’m convinced that black conservatism and it’s talking point isn’t really meant for black peoples. It’s just a political vehicle to get black people to switch parties. And that’s kind of why it lacks any real substance. It isn’t really that radical since both parties are basically interchangeable at this point and will mostly attack problems in the same exact ways.

If all black people need to do is stay in school and get a great job. Then great. They don’t need to change parties to do that. They can do that no matter who is in office. That’s not a political movement that’s a self help guide.

As much as I hate police the mass problem of police brutality is solvable. Just move to a nice neighborhood and keep a low profile. I’m a 41 year old black man and I’ve never been stopped by the police once in my entire life. Mostly because I just avoid the situation entirely. That could be a personality thing, but whatever. Police are mostly useless and avoiding them is pretty easy when you leave the hood. I live in Philly and I know plenty of neighborhoods that are safe and I barely see police. And are inexpensive. If you can avoid police interactions in a city like Philly you can probably avoid them anywhere. Except Atlanta. But they typically just like to give our tickets and usually don’t shoot you.

Overall black conservatism sucks because its not really solving any problems. Or it’s not addressing any problems that could reasonably be solved by the political process. The reason why Democrats have failed with black people because you can politically strong arm your way into black prosperity. Since black prosperity really isn’t a political issue at all. And Republicans probably have even less of a clue. They have an issue doing anything meaningful for their existing base besides Sloganism.
Substance? lol Not in your OP. It's always about policy and nothing else. That is what matters.

To solve the problem with police brutality which is few and far between, cooperate. That's it. Don't escalate, don't resist arrest.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:49 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
This is a current story:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...tirade-rcna630

Suellentrop was released later that day after a Shawnee County District Court judge found during a first hearing that “pertinent information” wasn’t included in the arrest report, meaning there was no probable cause to support his arrest.

This is how a white Republican is treated by the establishment after driving 90 miles an hour down an interstate the wrong way, while drunk, resisting arrest and calling an officer a "donut boy." This proves white people are better than black people. A black man would have been shot just for good measure.
Yet you have no proof of this. What we do have proof of is 54 unarmed people were shot by police last year, most were resisting arrest and it happened to whites more than any other group. ~15 unarmed black men were shot last year yet you make up this absurd story about how blacks should fear cops? It's dishonest.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:51 AM

25,684 posts, read 18,770,132 times
So blacks believing in individual liberty is garbage?

Hmmm. Okay. Whatever you say.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:55 AM

27,541 posts, read 28,625,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
With some of the speeders I've been around, they are aware it isn't legal, or responsible. One person I knew, I told him that if he wanted to engage in reckless and destructive tasks, go to a race track, go to a junk yard, don't take out your exploits at a hotel or on the road. Go to a race track, a go-kart track, or the junkyard.

His response: It's no fun if you're allowed to do it. It's illegal to go 80 in a 40mph zone. It's not allowed to wreck a hotel room. That's what makes it fun.
I think he, like everybody else, knows it isn't easy to become a pro racer.

So, he is just making up silly excuses about illegal speeding being fun.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
So blacks believing in individual liberty is garbage?

Hmmm. Okay. Whatever you say.
Welcome to the black community, where the only open and welcomed dialogue is the monolithic one.

One day blacks will learn what unity truly is, instead of ostracizing and alienating our very own for their political beliefs.

Hispanics welcome political diversity, blacks just aren't at that point yet. We're happy with the Democratic plantation and self-victimization.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:43 AM

27,541 posts, read 28,625,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is how I see it. A Black person should obey the law and behave, simply to stay out of jail. At the same time, obeying the law won't stop you from someone calling the police on you for stupid reasons. It won't stop some people (police officers included) from viewing you as a suspicious person.
Look man, I know you mean well. But you need to stop it with the nonsense. In 2020, Baltimore had over 1,000 shootings and 300 homicides. And that is just one city in the U.S.

These facts are not some kind of joke that people are making up out of thin air. This is as real as it gets.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Look man, I know you mean well. But you need to stop it with the nonsense. In 2020, Baltimore had over 1,000 shootings and 300 homicides. And that is just one city in the U.S.

These facts are not some kind of joke that people are making up out of thin air. This is as real as it gets.
Black liberals such as green mariner don't care about facts and statistics, because the truth hurts.

Ignorance is bliss and it's just easier to blame white people on every black issue.

This weekend 27 people will be shot and 5 killed in Southside Chicago, and liberals will still blame white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.