Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 06:12 AM

88,552 posts, read 44,283,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
As I said, I'm not going to post my tax return if that's what you want. I'm not elected official and not running for office

I gave you a simple example, you went on with your usual deflections and distractions. The point is this, due to a loophole, humongous compensations for services (aka salary) are taxed at capital gains rates INSTEAD of the regular income tax rates. So a salary of 1 billion dollars can be taxed at approximately 23.8%. If you still don't understand, it would be difficult to help you.
I can just as easily give an example that shows the opposite. Plus, you've still failed to prove you pay a higher tax rate.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:04 AM

8,014 posts, read 3,580,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I can just as easily give an example that shows the opposite. Plus, you've still failed to prove you pay a higher tax rate.
You could. Of course that would be completely irrelevant because that's the way it is supposed to be, while my example showed what should not happening.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:07 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,463,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
No, it's not according to me, it's according to the current tax law. And according to the same law I can't do it and neither can you. Reading comprehension is important.
Why can’t you?

Old 03-30-2021, 10:35 AM

22,572 posts, read 24,376,202 times
Massive rigging has been going on since the start of the "great recession"..........those
emergency-measures have been kept in place and added to....trillions upon trillions of dollars.

Hey, do you think the DOW pretty much just goes up and up and up for well over 12-years, that is mainly Fedgov's doing.

Old 03-30-2021, 10:56 AM

88,552 posts, read 44,283,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Massive rigging has been going on since the start of the "great recession"..........those
emergency-measures have been kept in place and added to....trillions upon trillions of dollars.

Hey, do you think the DOW pretty much just goes up and up and up for well over 12-years, that is mainly Fedgov's doing.
Think very carefully about why they're doing that...

The reason is that if they don't prop up the markets (DOW, etc.), 100 million people will lose the value accrued in their pensions and retirement accounts. Protecting public employee pensions, in particular, is a very high priority to the Fed Gov and especially Democrats as those union members are overwhelmingly Democrat voters.

Old 03-30-2021, 11:40 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,007,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
I’’l fix it for you, updated to 2021

Democrats : Borrow, regulate , stifle , excessively tax and spend foolishly

Republicans : Borrow and spend wisely
I'll fix it again.

Democrats: tout a more even playing field, yet only look out for their self interest.

Republicans: tout free market capitalism, yet don't mind crony capitalism as long as it benefits them.

both are hypocrites and both will favor tax policies that are in direct contradiction to their outward ideologies as long as it benefits them.

There you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies