Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 10:19 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Indeed. This is why he’s bragging about opening army bases to house all these people. It’s just a deflection from his incompetence and utter stupidity. And just think, we’ve got four years of this coming at us!
He has to comply with the laws. How do you suggest he do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 10:31 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
But he's not complying with the law... many (most?) of the kids in cages are being held longer than law allows.

At this point, Joe only has one good option... close.the.border!

Old 03-29-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
But he's not complying with the law... many (most?) of the kids in cages are being held longer than law allows.

At this point, Joe only has one good option... close.the.border!
That is one of the laws he had to comply with and needs a solution.
Some may say issue illegal executive orders with the full knowledge that they will be overturned in a few months by the courts to bide some time. I don’t think that’s the kind of Game Biden plays, goes against his respect for the laws.

Old 03-29-2021, 10:37 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Trump had our borders secure? Sure of that are ya?
Read BBCNews: " US election 2020: Trump's impact on immigration- in seven charts."

"The number of immigrants living in the US has continued to rise under Trump. but more slowly than in previous years."

Yes Trump lowered the permanent residency visa's by 13%, Student visa's by 2%, and decreased refugees by 65%, but he's done nothing about the 11 million illegals still living here. There's a chart in the article that shows how little deportations occurred under Trump vs other presidents.

"The IS immigration, Customs and Enforcement agency which handles most deportations, has described the current rate of removals as extremely low, blaming a lack of resources and judicial and legislative constraints, among other things."

All Trump did was create a long backlog of immigrants waiting in Mexico to seek asylum. That's not having the border under control. That's just kicking the can. In 2019 there was over 800,000 detentions at the border. These people are coming regardless of who the president is. There was not one but two devastating hurricanes that hit the Northern Triangle countries. There's Covid, corruption, food insecurity, and desperation. Trump didn't stop that with his big beautiful wall and all of his bluster.

Biden gets to clean up the mess. He's been in office for a little over two months and has a pandemic and financial crisis to deal with on top of tens of thousands of desperate hungry people. None of these are easy fixes. It's a nightmare.
Well formed facts. Thank you for educating my being.

Foodyum gets respect to for demonstrating how to respectfully listen and counter in a decent way.

Not sure how my forty three cents that I pay in goes to these resolutions. Use it wisely

Old 03-29-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Well formed facts. Thank you for educating my being.

Foodyum gets respect to for demonstrating how to respectfully listen and counter in a decent way.

Not sure how my forty three cents that I pay in goes to these resolutions. Use it wisely
Wow. Thank you for the complement. Usually I just get “democrats are so stupid” as the counter argument.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:25 AM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
So is your great idea to blame Biden? I don’t think that solution is working so far.
It's not Trump's fault. Y'all fix it.

I know y'all want to take credit for all things good Trump did. You want to call it your own. Y'all think Trump did a great job but as hypocrites, won't say it. Now with this crisis, you want Trump to fix. Ummm, sorry but Trump is gone. You're left with your incapable old corrupt shell of a man Biden. Talk to him about fixing it. We see how fast Kamallllaa went there to help. lol They created the crisis and have no intention of fixing it.

Again, Trump would have never let it happen. He's not into destroying the country and it's people just to get votes.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:50 AM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,030 times
Quote:
The usual BS deflection question. It’s not my problem it’s your problem, but here’s a suggestion:
By issuing an executive order reversing his previous stupidity. And have his democrat congress strike down such a ridiculous law. Pretty damn simple you know.

Democrats own this, lock stock and barrel.
You need to call your senator and your Congress person and the White House and take responsibility for this god awful administration that you chose.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:56 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:
Do you have any pics of what the conditions were like on the Mexican side of the border?
What are the senators suggesting to make the situation better? I understand the criticism but that doesn’t really make anything better.
I’ve been hearing about the crisis at the border for a few weeks. Any good suggestions beyond send them back to a worse environment

Additionally, Republican's didn't care about these people and their living conditions when Trump did the same thing.

Why do they care now ?

Old 03-29-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
The usual BS deflection question. It’s not my problem it’s your problem, but here’s a suggestion:
By issuing an executive order reversing his previous stupidity. And have his democrat congress strike down such a ridiculous law. Pretty damn simple you know.

Democrats own this, lock stock and barrel.
You need to call your senator and your Congress person and the White House and take responsibility for this god awful administration that you chose.
You do know that there is a comprehensive immigration bill being debated currently. There is a plan. You just don’t like it. Fair enough. Come up with another plan.
Talk about deflection - I have not heard one good idea come out of the Republican Party or the people posting here. Keep them in Mexico is not a legal solution. Nor a humane one imo.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:58 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
It is horrible.

Good to hear that there are other facilities being set up to house the kids.
I would also like the USA to work with Central America to create policies where these folks aren't fleeing their homeland.

We can't keep slapping bandaids on the problem. We have to go to the source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies