Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 12:13 PM

16,586 posts, read 10,697,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
How can people just stand by and watch this happen? What a bunch of cowards. Two or three of those men could have easily pulled that guy off his victim with no harm to themselves.
If the laws were applied fairly and impartially, you'd have probably seen people intervening to protect the victim. But this is New York, and everyone there knows that siding against a black person means being cancelled at best, and prosecuted yourself at worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 12:14 PM

447 posts, read 322,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
Please, look at the first video. This is NOT the behavior of a human being, I'm sorry. This is pure savagery. Even wild animals don't act like that.

I'm glad the video is being showed to the Chinese public, in China and around the world. And I certainly hope the Asian gentleman is ok - although I doubt he will ever forget this encounter.
I am not sure if that is true but it was said the boy already passed away. It was said that the killer was previously trained and used some Brazil Martial Art technics to kill him.

I feel so sad for his families and pray for justice to come.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:16 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,339,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
I am not sure if that is true but it was said the boy already passed away. It was said that the killer was previously trained and used some Brazil Martial Art technics to kill him.

I feel so sad for his families and pray for justice to come.
The young Asian guy did not die. NY newspapers report no death; believe me, if he had been choked to death in that subway train - a train within a system where there are cameras everywhere - the young Asian man's death would have been reported.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
The young Asian guy did not die. NY newspapers report no death; believe me, if he had been choked to death in that subway train - a train within a system where there are cameras everywhere - the young Asian man's death would have been reported.
Happy to hear that but I wish the system and cameras could bring in traffic police into the spot ASAP next time.

If no one took a video I doubt if there is any media reports about this. However if the races in this case switched we all know what kind of coverage the news will take in all the media.

Again, pray for him to recover soon and justice to come soon.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Gotta love the end of the first video. "he called him an (n word). He did".

Well, then ok, I mean yes we can beat people to death because they call us names, we are victims.

Soul-less low lives.
Many Chinese were in trouble when they were heard saying the 'n word' when they were speaking their own language, but all they said was 'that' in their own language which has the same pronunciation as the 'n word'.

I do know some of my Chinese friends never ever teach their children the word meaning 'that' in Chinese because of this reason. They try to find other words instead.

One of my friend came to a lab from China and one day he was saying something like 'will that do' to another Chinese phd, and then one black phd in the same lab looked at him for quite a while. Then people around explained it to the black phd, also they told him the reason so he never speaks the same word in their own language to minimize misunderstanding.

However, there are many black people calling Chinese '*****' and they are still alive and not racial.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:10 PM

20,366 posts, read 19,980,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Unfortunately these attacks are rooted in white supremacy and a direct result of climate anxiety, white fragility, colonialism, and microagressions towards black and brown communities.
You forgot "toxic masculinity".

Old 03-29-2021, 01:21 PM

927 posts, read 419,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post

If no one took a video I doubt if there is any media reports about this. However if the races in this case switched we all know what kind of coverage the news will take in all the media.
Exactly. This will end very badly. The pendulum has gone so far to the Left, that it's hard not to imagine it swinging back in the other direction, at some point. And while the woke progressives are horrible, the extreme Right isn't better.

To be clear: by extreme Right I don't mean mainstream Republicans or Trump supporters. I mean the neo-nazi types. They exist, and they are gaining new supporters every single day that this woke nonsense is allowed to go on.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:24 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,962,452 times
Given that the race of the offenders is never mentioned you know it’s not white people attacking.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:42 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,339,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
Exactly. This will end very badly. The pendulum has gone so far to the Left, that it's hard not to imagine it swinging back in the other direction, at some point. And while the woke progressives are horrible, the extreme Right isn't better.

To be clear: by extreme Right I don't mean mainstream Republicans or Trump supporters. I mean the neo-nazi types. They exist, and they are gaining new supporters every single day that this woke nonsense is allowed to go on.
What you wrote is not far from the truth at all.

A lot of formerly racially apathetic white people have become bitter and angry over the nonstop bashing of white people; anyone who were to talk about blacks or Jews on social media the way they do about whites would lose their jobs that same day.

This has been happening for years and it started before Donald Trump became a presidential candidate. The incessant attacks on whites as racists, the attacks on America as a white supremacist country, etc., have infuriated many whites. Add to this all the hoaxes (Jussie Smollett) and others, some of which have been in books detailing race hoaxes, and a lot of white people are getting more and more bitter.

They're tired of being told only whites can be racist.

They're tired of the talk about reparations for slavery given no white person alive in the U.S. in 2021 either sold, bought, traded, or owned slaves.

They're tired of affirmative action making it harder for otherwise highly qualified high school seniors to enter prestigious universities.

This is ALL the left's fault.

Old 03-29-2021, 02:09 PM

18,491 posts, read 15,300,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
What you wrote is not far from the truth at all.

A lot of formerly racially apathetic white people have become bitter and angry over the nonstop bashing of white people; anyone who were to talk about blacks or Jews on social media the way they do about whites would lose their jobs that same day.

That's not true about Jews anymore. The left has abandoned the idea that Jews are a protected group. Their skin is too light to qualify. You have antisemites with (D) after their names right in the US congress, and nothing happens to them when the make antisemitic statements. The congressional black caucus had Farrakhan speak, without any blowback. Obama even posed for a picture with him with a big smile on his face, which was met with crickets. If anyone is getting fired over an antisemitic statement these days, it is only when their boss happens to be Jewish.

Being Jewish didn't help Sharon Osbourne at all. They forced her to quit anyway, even though she did and said nothing wrong.

She should have claimed antisemitism, but it wouldn't have gotten her anywhere with the leftist mob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies