Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 03:01 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Quite honestly I don’t blame black people for this divide at all. In my daily interactions I still treat everyone with respect and feel it too. It’s this stupid ideology that is infuriating, and I mostly see it coming from white people and/or opinion pieces. I’m not in college so I never encounter people who talk about whiteness in the real world.
It’s the white leftists that are responsible for this toxic culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 03:13 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Someone is always going to look like someone who did them wrong at some point in time. It is never going to end. If people worried about themselves as much as they wanna take it out on others then they may not be so angry.

I would attribute it to just plain crazy people, but honestly some of these attackers are decently dressed and don't look homeless, which makes me wonder why Now? I could see if it was a year ago when this all went down.

NYC is NYC,..you need to always keep your wits about you.
I can only tell you...I saw parts of the grammy awards...if you came here via time travel from 500 years ago, after you got over the fact that there were little men in a box talking to you, you would have to assume that it is open season on black men perpetrated by racist cops and white people. The black power fists, the indignance and hostility in that presentation... that is all commonplace in mainstream black culture...the narrative that this is a RABIDLY racist and violently anti-black culture. It's in the NBA (Lebron James "we are hunted every day"), it's a constant drumbeat.

And that's the mainstream media. In black focused media, it is even more hostile and confrontational. It's just considered basic fact: cops hunt and kill black men for no reason, and that is endorsed by racist white people. We all KNOW this is fact, so now we as black people have to fight back.

How many hours per day in the media can you push this narrative and be surprised that pissed off black people lash out at anyone who says something they don't like, or even misinterpret?

Old 03-29-2021, 03:15 PM

447 posts, read 321,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Who are you to tell some black dude that this person who he beat to a pulp wasn't deserving for committing the MOST GRAVE OF ALL OFFENSES, saying a word that is offensive....or at least, him thinking that the guy said something offensive. The black dudes own internal legacy of trauma because of the hideous racism of this country trumps any idea that any person who is not black should be able to ride a subway without having their A** kicked by angry black people. This entire country has so much to atone for, including Asian people who benefit from the trauma that black people endured for centuries here. He actually got off EASY, with the amount of TRAUMA inflicted on that poor African American man.

<sarcasm mode off>
I was just trying to say there might be a misunderstanding and even if he calls the 'n word', there is penalty by law.

Asian people benefit from their hard working and the legislation system this country has. The one who fought for Chinese right was a Chinese as well. Google Wom Kin Ark. Also Asians as better paid group pay more taxes and whoever take benefit from the taxes benefit from Asians hard working as well.

Old 03-29-2021, 03:21 PM

728 posts, read 303,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
There were plenty of black people there too, and you could tell some were horrified by what was happening. I guess that guy was just intimidating af and people don’t put themselves out there for strangers anymore. They are far too interested in filming instead.

I remember a few years ago this teenager was beating some old man up on the street in Houston and onlookers were just gawking and filming. Finally a Hispanic woman who was probably in her fifties came by and started yelling and hitting on the teen until he stopped. She got furious at the onlookers too. Out of several people she was the only one. The rest were younger than her. I fear for the future because people are afraid to intervene now or don’t care.

I guess it's time blacks take over the country.

Old 03-29-2021, 03:31 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
I was just trying to say there might be a misunderstanding and even if he calls the 'n word', there is penalty by law.

Asian people benefit from their hard working and the legislation system this country has. The one who fought for Chinese right was a Chinese as well. Google Wom Kin Ark. Also Asians as better paid group pay more taxes and whoever take benefit from the taxes benefit from Asians hard working as well.
I understand what you were saying.

the thing is, rational people understand that you can't have a civil society if it's acceptable to physically attack people who say things you don't like.

The irrational puritanically woke left and militant black people have decided that an appropriate response to any racial slight, real or perceived, is violence. Words are violence, and violence can be met with violence. If you are not appropriately outraged enough at the black bodies dropping left and right because of racist cops, silence=violence. The entire thing is a rhetorical device that de facto justifies black people behaving violently.

Old 03-29-2021, 03:31 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
With all of the black on Asian hate crime attacks, time for another anti white supremacy riot.

Last edited by Tall Traveler; 03-29-2021 at 04:12 PM..

Old 03-29-2021, 03:52 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times
We, of course, cannot blame the perpetrators of these crimes, for they are really the victims. Victims of systemic, systematic, sympathetic, symbiotic, sisyphean, cisgender, patriarchal, endemic rrrraaaaaccccciiiiissssssmmmmmmmmm.
Wise, thoughtful, insightful philosophers like Rev. Al Sharpton will guide us to the right and truthful conclusions as to these heinous acts of white supremacy. Maybe the ultra sharp Don Lemon as well, along with the beautiful and profound Joy Reid.

Old 03-29-2021, 04:20 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Why is this not breaking news then?
You can't find it on CNN or Fox News home page.

Old 03-29-2021, 06:04 PM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times
I for one don't honestly believe that black perps are targeting Asian people to any appreciable extent. I believe bullies simply look to prey on the weak. If they see someone very old, or young or weak or frail or crippled or having poor mobility, they see "wounded game" that should not fight back much if at all.

I don't think it is anything more than cowards being bullies. Lots of black perps target black people, and that can't be racism, by definition.

I don't see a racial issue here or a "hate crime" as it is widely defined. I simply see cowards being bullies preying on the weak.

Old 03-29-2021, 08:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I for one don't honestly believe that black perps are targeting Asian people to any appreciable extent. I believe bullies simply look to prey on the weak. If they see someone very old, or young or weak or frail or crippled or having poor mobility, they see "wounded game" that should not fight back much if at all.

I don't think it is anything more than cowards being bullies. Lots of black perps target black people, and that can't be racism, by definition.

I don't see a racial issue here or a "hate crime" as it is widely defined. I simply see cowards being bullies preying on the weak.
I don't believe it either. Supposedly there is an uptick in interracial hate crime attacks on Asians but the number was so small the uptick is very small too. It could just be classifying more attacks as hate crimes than before and the media reporting it more. So I'm not falling for the political hoax and am not taking sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies