Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2021, 11:53 PM

264 posts, read 100,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This is my greatest fear. From about the mid-70’s until the early 2010’s racism was slowly going away. The difference in how I was treated on both a personal and professional level went from being called a “n——“ to my face by students’ parents and told I just had to accept it to obtaining leadership positions and being “yes mam’ed” with genuine respect by students, parents, and staff of all races.

The current problem is we have gone from “just treat me equally and let’s have a color blind society” to “don’t you dare say you’re color blind and I demand space to segregate myself from you”. I suppose this is all part of the pendulum swing, but since we are less than 14% of the population, declaring war on whites and Asians who together make up 83% of the population, is not going to turn out well. And all those new Hispanics coming in? Like the second and third generation ones already here, their children will identify more with the whites than us.

Every time benign things and well meaning people are labeled racist it trivializes the term, but worse it builds unnecessary resent in those who actually wanted to be our allies, or at the very least try to be fair.

One final comment, being a victim of racism is not a valid excuse to engage in racist or bigoted behavior yourself.

Concur 100%

What is occurring at an increased rate is that many Asians, Latinos, and other immigrants from various countries are using derogatory language toward Blacks, engaging in other forms of discrimination as well.

Yes, there is trauma that has not been addressed - over 200 years of slavery, 100+ years of Jim Crow, ongoing job and wage discrimination, and now more nuanced Jim Crow (Recent enactment of voter restrictions in several states as a result of Black turnout during the 2020 Presidential election, predatory lending, etc. etc.).

Yet, there are those who honestly believe that the trauma is non-existent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 12:05 AM

264 posts, read 100,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
And the black man had attempted to steal the Asian man's white Apple bag. Which he ended up stealing... Watch the video carefully, you can see it.

There is ZERO excuse for the savagery he exhibited. None.
If that was indeed the case, if the Black man initially attempted to steal the Asian man's Apple bag, the Black man should be apprehended and serve prison time!

Concur, there is zero excuse for this behavior.

Here is the key point - there is absolutely no way that people should be riding on public transport and not have something on them to protect themselves against such behavior!

Old 03-30-2021, 12:13 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,755,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedThink View Post
Concur 100%

What is occurring at an increased rate is that many Asians, Latinos, and other immigrants from various countries are using derogatory language toward Blacks, engaging in other forms of discrimination as well.

Yes, there is trauma that has not been addressed - over 200 years of slavery, 100+ years of Jim Crow, ongoing job and wage discrimination, and now more nuanced Jim Crow (Recent enactment of voter restrictions in several states as a result of Black turnout during the 2020 Presidential election, predatory lending, etc. etc.).

Yet, there are those who honestly believe that the trauma is non-existent.
And if your "trauma" has become an excuse to punch people, you need to be removed from society.

Old 03-30-2021, 01:43 AM

24,606 posts, read 9,442,839 times
I have it on good authority that Donald Trump, Republicans, and/or black conservatives are forcing black liberals to commit violent crimes against Asians. If that doesn’t work, just use the excuse of the “legacy of slavery.”

Did democrats pays the suspects bond yet?

Old 03-30-2021, 04:08 AM

24,396 posts, read 23,050,809 times
Maybe the asian man was attacked because he wasn't wearing a mask. Mask wearer's psychosis is the medical term. Dopey Joe Biden wears a mask and he's a gibbering idiot.

Old 03-30-2021, 04:14 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,585,453 times
I know blacks and Koreans don’t get along in places like LA because of the riots. Not sure why there is a rise in black on Asian hate crimes across the country. I doubt it has anything to do with coronavirus.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 03-30-2021, 04:37 AM

4,897 posts, read 2,053,813 times
Even if the victim, yes the victim, did say the “n” word, it doesn’t justify a brutal beating of another human being... And stealing his property afterwards, which is nothing less than a strong-arm robbery. I can only speculate, but I’m sure both these individuals used racial slurs prior to the fight.

If anything, I think that this puts the spotlight on NYC and it’s out of control violent crime increases with basically having a non-functioning justice system, that is supported by the progressive liberals. And it will get far worse before it gets any better.

Furthermore, several people stated the it was shameful that nobody stepped in... Well, that goes back to having a non-functions justice system that would rather lock up a Good Samaritan for trying to do the right thing and somehow, treat the criminal as the victim. Also, with the anti-police environment in NYC and if there was an off-duty police officer, corrections officer or a federal agent on that train, I wouldn’t blame them for not getting involved since the media and BLM would flip it around and blame the off-duty officer for “excessive use of force” and making the situation worse.

This is the environment that the people and politicians in NYC have created... Today, it’s violence against Asians, but who will be tomorrow’s victims??

As for the excuse of slavery and Jin Crow laws, this criminal wasn’t a victim of either historical wrong doings... And by using slavery as an excuse for not having any self control only makes Black Americans look pretty bad in the eyes of many.

Old 03-30-2021, 06:13 AM

18,460 posts, read 15,240,962 times
When people are embarrassed by the horrific things that their peers do, don't they always try to justify it?

When muslim terrorists kill a bunch of innocent people, don't regular muslim citizens always say it was really the American government? Or Israel?

Which is the more likely scenario?

The people on the subway looked on in horror as one of their own beats and nearly kills a defenseless Asian guy, and in an attempt to rationalize this behavior, one of them says "I think he called him the "N" word.

Or

Some lone Asian guy decides to trash talk a guy twice his size, and call him the "N" word in a subway car full of African Americans?

Old 03-30-2021, 07:47 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,826,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
When people are embarrassed by the horrific things that their peers do, don't they always try to justify it?

When muslim terrorists kill a bunch of innocent people, don't regular muslim citizens always say it was really the American government? Or Israel?

Which is the more likely scenario?

The people on the subway looked on in horror as one of their own beats and nearly kills a defenseless Asian guy, and in an attempt to rationalize this behavior, one of them says "I think he called him the "N" word.

Or

Some lone Asian guy decides to trash talk a guy twice his size, and call him the "N" word in a subway car full of African Americans?
Without the actually evidence, let's not jump so fast into conclusions such as asian guy called him the "N" word, or some asian communities saying he robbed asian dude's iphone bag...

It's funny how each race trying very hard to stand with their own. We need to get the bottom of the story, and see what's right or wrong.

To any race, justify attacking someone like this simply because of verbal attack is definitely not a behavior of a civilized human being. Doesn't matter if you are asian, white, brown or black.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:10 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnetworking View Post
Without the actually evidence, let's not jump so fast into conclusions such as asian guy called him the "N" word, or some asian communities saying he robbed asian dude's iphone bag...

It's funny how each race trying very hard to stand with their own. We need to get the bottom of the story, and see what's right or wrong.

To any race, justify attacking someone like this simply because of verbal attack is definitely not a behavior of a civilized human being. Doesn't matter if you are asian, white, brown or black.
We don't know what happened leading up to the fight. What we do know, is that long after there was no possible threat to the black guy, he continued to pummel the Asian guy in a manner which put his victims life seriously at risk, including putting him in a choke hold. We have the evidence for that, and it is indisputable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies