Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 05:29 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,666,851 times

Advertisements

Use colors and bolded words all you want.

You people don't know what an inferiority complex is yet a picture of your nation belongs right after those two words in the dictionary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 05:31 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
And once again we have a thread started by an American, dissing on Canada's healthcare delivery system with the stupidity of linking the development and manufacture of vaccines having nothing whatsoever to do with the payment methods used to provide healthcare.

Which country has the higher per-capita covid death rate. Anybody got the stats for how many Americans have gone bankrupt due to their covid treatment?

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...kruptcy-2020-3

https://www.abi.org/covid19/stats

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3097/rr

Whanna compare with the rest of the civilized world?

Old 03-30-2021, 05:31 PM

4,897 posts, read 2,052,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Because a healthcare system and vaccines making capabilities ( we have them just not on a large scale ) are two different things.

Just like they are in the US.

It didn't make financial sense to have the facilities to make large quantities of vaccines in normal times.

Canada was one of the first countries to order and secure Covid Vaccines from Europe. They didn't come through.

Lesson learned? Perhaps, but if having facilities sitting empty after the pandemic when buying foreign vaccines is cheaper, we may be in the same boat during the next pandemic. We'll see.

However if you believe all countries should at all times " take care of themselves ", I'll remember that the next time Canada sends forest fighters to fight your fires, sends rescue teams like we did during Katrina, rescue Americans out of Tehran, and not let US planes land in Canada when the US was under attack.

Got it.
Personally, I feel that the United States should also build a strong “Joint Healthcare Defensive Plan” with Canada since we’re basically joined at the hip. This is why Canada’s military defense plan is built around the United States defenses, which Canada and her people GREATLY benefits from this by only maintaining a very small, but professional, military and not spending a huge amount of their GDP on your own military.

Since you brought up Canada’s assistance in rescuing Americans from Tehran and in other cases, please remember that during World War One and World War Two, BEFORE America entered the wars, the United States supplied weapons and other war materials to Canadian armed forces and to arm Britain, via Canada. PLUS!! We greatly assisted the much smaller Canadian Navy in protecting their East and West Coasts with the United States Navy, way before joining in the wars. To a point that Germany made it clear that America wasn’t acting too neutral when attacking German submarines in and off of Canadian waters. Also, during the Cold War and even today, Russia and China knows without a question that an attack on Canada is the same as an attack on the United States.

Yes, Canada sent her soldiers to Afghanistan to support American/NATO operations in that war and the American people are grateful for that, but to date, America has spilled far more American blood to defend the Canadian people in the last 100 years.

This isn’t an attack on the great county of Canada or her people, but to point out that Canada is better off when in partnership with the United States AND the United States is also better off in this partnership as well.

Also, “I” wouldn’t mind that once we have provided the “option” of vaccinations to the American people, that we focus on providing any surplus of our current production of COVID vaccinations to Canada and Mexico.

We are living in crazy times and the last thing the United States and Canada needs is to further divide our country’s unique partnership to a point that we forget that we basically have the same goals.

Old 03-30-2021, 05:36 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,567,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
No, because the US is a dangerous country.

Anyone who has traveled would know that..
I've traveled a bit.

I believe the USA is not a dangerous country.

Old 03-30-2021, 05:51 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Personally, I feel that the United States should also build a strong “Joint Healthcare Defensive Plan” with Canada since we’re basically joined at the hip. This is why Canada’s military defense plan is built around the United States defenses, which Canada and her people GREATLY benefits from this by only maintaining a very small, but professional, military and not spending a huge amount of their GDP on your own military.

Since you brought up Canada’s assistance in rescuing Americans from Tehran and in other cases, please remember that during World War One and World War Two, BEFORE America entered the wars, the United States supplied weapons and other war materials to Canadian armed forces and to arm Britain, via Canada. PLUS!! We greatly assisted the much smaller Canadian Navy in protecting their East and West Coasts with the United States Navy, way before joining in the wars. To a point that Germany made it clear that America wasn’t acting too neutral when attacking German submarines in and off of Canadian waters. Also, during the Cold War and even today, Russia and China knows without a question that an attack on Canada is the same as an attack on the United States.

Yes, Canada sent her soldiers to Afghanistan to support American/NATO operations in that war and the American people are grateful for that, but to date, America has spilled far more American blood to defend the Canadian people in the last 100 years.

This isn’t an attack on the great county of Canada or her people, but to point out that Canada is better off when in partnership with the United States AND the United States is also better off in this partnership as well.

Also, “I” wouldn’t mind that once we have provided the “option” of vaccinations to the American people, that we focus on providing any surplus of our current production of COVID vaccinations to Canada and Mexico.

We are living in crazy times and the last thing the United States and Canada needs is to further divide our country’s unique partnership to a point that we forget that we basically have the same goals.
Not true! The U.S. has never had to rise to any actual occasion defending Canada or Canadians from any attacks upon Canada or Canadians.

This thread started with, once again an American O/P dissing Canada's healthcare system while it is Americans who are clamouring for a major healthcare reset. Also, as is usual with Americans, it segues off to areas having nothing whatsoever to do with healthcare.

Rushing to join and defend in the debate started by an American is now deemed the sign of an inferiority complex when psychology 101 taught us - those who constantly have to find fault with another are the ones suffering a lack of self esteem.

Now as to the rest of your post, I find nothing to materially disagree with, and a couple of things I, and I suspect fellow Canadians, would heartily agree with and endorse.

Information:
There were many Americans who volunteered, crossed the border to Canada and joined it's militaries during both WWI and WWII.
The U.S. has already made "surplus" astra zeneca vaccine (deemed surplus through an abundance of Pfizer and Moderna as the preferred vaccines) available to Canada.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:03 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Cartoon. Looks like something your Hero, Captain Black Face would come up with
Nope. It was created by one of your fellow Americans.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Cool, stop living here half the year, too, while you're at it.
I do not live in the US half of the year.

Never have. I have been visiting family and friends in the US over many decades though.

Even if I was a snowbird with a place in the US, I don't see how that plays into this.

I'm not " dissing " the US, I'm just pointing out some things where I see room for improvement. Why?

Because I care about my American family and friends, who feel as I do.

People can criticize Canada all they want, but it has to be based on facts. If the OP hadn't made his original post so toxic, and simply asked why Canada is having some issues with the vaccine, we could have had a sensible conversation.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:08 PM

126 posts, read 108,274 times
Bc Canada is a broken country. Its so sad to see it go down.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I like the people of Canada, but let's admit the truth, Canada leaches off the US.

They can afford to fund a pathetically small military, because the USA will protect them. I read once where the NYC police has more helicopters than the entire Canada air Force. Wonder if that is still true.

I remember when George Bush asked Canada if they would help fund the North American missile defense,and Canada refused. They knew they could pay ZERO, and we'd have to protect the northern states and Alaska, and Canada could nestle safely under our protection for free.

Canadians often travel into the US for their health care needs, when their system fails them.
A myth that has been disproven time and time again on CD.

Canada does not leach off the US. A total fabrication on your part. Suggesting that a county with 9 times less the population should have a military like the US is, is, well is ridiculous.

If you study Canada's contributions to wars etc, you might learn something.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I like Canada too but they do depend on the US for their very existence. Ninety percent of those hosers live within 100 miles of the US border in case something goes wrong there they'll have a safe place to come. Canada's military is ranked 74th in size compared to the world's other armed forces by number of total personnel, and 50th in terms of active personnel, standing at a strength of roughly 68,000,
I know many Americans do not study the history of Canada, but the reason Canadians live close to the border is not because of the US.

Like the US, settling the country went east to west. They followed the natural landscape, rivers, valleys, and to a degree weather, to settle the land...EVEN BEFORE THE BORDER EXISTED!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies