Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 09:45 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This site attempts to make the CDC data more palatable, and references some of the reports.

Open VAERS

So far 44,000+ reports have been submitted, with over 2,000 deaths.

I think the actual death count on the CDC Wonder database is slightly lower, but it's in the ballpark.

The percentage of incidents are low. The percentage of COVID deaths are also low. Play at your own risk in either case.
These reports are not vetted in any way. A report on VAERS is not documentation of a vaccine related adverse event. It could be true, false, or simply coincidental and irrelevant to the vaccine. Given that certain people are interested in undermining the US vaccination effort for political ends, VAERS is somewhere just south of worthless for assessing risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 09:48 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,585,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
https://www.valleycentral.com/news/v...id-19-vaccine/

Yeah, I think I'll take my chances with the virus that has a recovery rate of 99.7% versus a vaccine that might make my skin peel off.
You are making the death rate up. Officially it is 2% though with unreported or asymptomatic cases it is likely closer to 1%. Still a lie by a factor of 3 or so.

Officially the severe reaction percent is 5 per million. Just to amuse you lets make it 10 per million 1 per 100k or .1 per 10k or .01 per 1k or .001%

Last I checked .001%< 1%.

Note I am against forced vaccinations or vaccination passports. I am also against crazy anti vaxxer blathering spew.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:55 AM

45,540 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
These reports are not vetted in any way. A report on VAERS is not documentation of a vaccine related adverse event. It could be true, false, or simply coincidental and irrelevant to the vaccine. Given that certain people are interested in undermining the US vaccination effort for political ends, VAERS is somewhere just south of worthless for assessing risk.
It can go both ways - as the CDC could ignore and mischaracterize the reports to squash any negative reactions.

Whatever the case may - people are submitting reports on the vaccine.

Isn't that what happened with COVID? The CDC in many cases attributed deaths to COVID even though the cause of death was not because of COVID. A person may have had COVID and gotten shot by someone driving by... or had COVID while a cop's knee was on his neck.

So yeah - people can do whatever they want with the reports.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:58 AM

37,101 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
This site attempts to make the CDC data more palatable, and references some of the reports.

Open VAERS

I think the actual death count on the CDC Wonder database is slightly lower, but it's in the ballpark.

The percentage of incidents are low. The percentage of COVID deaths are also low. Play at your own risk in either case.
VAERS reports cannot be used as evidence of causation.

https://wonder.cdc.gov/wonder/help/v...20unverifiable.

"While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. Most reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. This creates specific limitations on how the data can be used scientifically. Data from VAERS reports should always be interpreted with these limitations in mind."

Quote:
It can go both ways - as the CDC could ignore and mischaracterize the reports to squash any negative reactions.

Whatever the case may - people are submitting reports on the vaccine.

Isn't that what happened with COVID? The CDC in many cases attributed deaths to COVID even though the cause of death was not because of COVID. A person may have had COVID and gotten shot by someone driving by... or had COVID while a cop's knee was on his neck.

So yeah - people can do whatever they want with the reports.
No, the CDC did not misattribute COVID-19 deaths. That was done by people who did not follow CDC guidelines when filling out death certificates, and there were not "many cases". Those that were misattributed were found and fixed.

CDC does not ignore and mischaracterize the reports to squash any negative reactions.

Reports to VAERS cannot be used to count the number of adverse reactions or deaths.

Old 03-30-2021, 10:03 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,873 times
Quote:
.... the virus that has a recovery rate of 99.7%
Only if you're under 25 years old. Here's the death rate in Florida by age group, for Covid positive people.

Age Group - Covid Death Rate

25-34 years - 1%
45-54 years - 11%
55-64 years - 13%
65-74 years - 21%
75-84 years - 30%
85+ year - 32 %

http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partners/covid19_report_archive/cases-monitoring-and-pui-information/state-report/state_reports_latest.pdf

Old 03-30-2021, 10:10 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,325,289 times
Quote:
https://www.valleycentral.com/news/v...id-19-vaccine/

Yeah, I think I'll take my chances with the virus that has a recovery rate of 99.7% versus a vaccine that might make my skin peel off.
I guess the vaccine outweighs the side effects?

Old 03-30-2021, 10:22 AM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:

Open VAERS

100+ million vaccinated now in US over say 3 months. One person dies every 36 seconds in the US from cardio vascular disease. Multiply by 3.3 to adjust to the 100mil vaccinated and it's about 1 per 2 minutes from the group that has been vaccinated.

People *should* be dropping dead right after getting vaccinated, or eating a piece of pie or watching a baseball game.

Basically, it's utter and complete logical abuse to try to link 2,000 deaths to the vaccine, like in one example from the link currently at the top of their list:

VAERS ID: 1115348
Top of the list 86 year old woman dies day after vaccination, well hate to break it to you but that happens all the time to 86 year olds. Maybe she ate pie the day she died, doesn't mean it killed her....but a heart attack, stroke or so forth sure could.

Old 03-30-2021, 10:38 AM

4,513 posts, read 4,040,975 times
It's not your loved ones who have to live with their / your choice to have them vaccinated, it's you

Old 03-30-2021, 10:47 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,585,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Only if you're under 25 years old. Here's the death rate in Florida by age group, for Covid positive people.

Age Group - Covid Death Rate

25-34 years - 1%
45-54 years - 11%
55-64 years - 13%
65-74 years - 21%
75-84 years - 30%
85+ year - 32 %

http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partners/covid19_report_archive/cases-monitoring-and-pui-information/state-report/state_reports_latest.pdf
Missing those never tested who thought it was a cold or were completely asymptomatic.

Covid is very dangerous and is far more than "the flu".

My father's official cause of death was covid. He was positive. His real cause of death was being 89 years old and a physical wreck subject to seizures for the past THREE years.

My mom could not visit him as he died. She also had covid... and was completely asymptomatic. She is 80 BTW.

Old 03-30-2021, 01:41 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,651,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I guess the vaccine outweighs the side effects?
Unless you have willing donor with your blood type to donate you a lung should you get covid. YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED AN ASYMPTOMATIC CASE. You might and you might not be ok. What is so bad about getting a FREE vaccine that might save you lot pain and suffering should you otherwise have harsh case of covid.

Life is a gamble. Some things like getting covid shot are pretty much a slam dunk as being a good logical bet. Upside you survive a nasty disease should it be nasty for you. Downside you might get a sore arm for day or two. All this nonsense of vaccine scare tactics is simply Putin's wet dream of polarization politics. It isnt going to turn you purple and make your head swell four times its current size.

And who knows might be couple people out there in the millions that actually die of the vaccine from severe allergy or something. But not getting vaccine cause two people out of hundreds of millions died is what I would call a poor logic bet. Its like betting the sun wont rise tomorrow morning. Hey suppose there is tiny chance it wont, but winning the bet that it wont, well wont be any place to spend your winnings, will there?

You lose the covid bet and die, what are you going to do with your winnings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies