Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 01:43 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,276,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
https://www.valleycentral.com/news/v...id-19-vaccine/

Yeah, I think I'll take my chances with the virus that has a recovery rate of 99.7% versus a vaccine that might make my skin peel off.
Math ain't your strong suit is it?

148M doses administered, one poor guy not dead, but, with a severe reaction.

Vs.

COVID
30.5M cases, 550k deaths.

Jeez, close to call... not!

Old 03-30-2021, 01:59 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:

Yeah, I think I'll take my chances with the virus that has a recovery rate of 99.7% versus a vaccine that might make my skin peel off.
All of my friends and acquaintances have had it. I've had one and waiting for my second. Our skin is in tact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 02:07 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:

Did he spend a day at the beach after his shot?

Old 03-30-2021, 02:30 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
I heard today on the news that the vaccines(all of them) are good for three months, and beyond that, the scientists do not know if the potency , and effectiveness will last longer than three months.
I'LL pass on getting vaccinated.

Old 03-30-2021, 02:32 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:

We take chances all the time.
Come out from under the covers. We'll all be fine, including the man with the unfortunate side effect.

Old 03-30-2021, 02:39 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I heard today on the news that the vaccines(all of them) are good for three months, and beyond that, the scientists do not know if the potency , and effectiveness will last longer than three months.
I'LL pass on getting vaccinated.
I think you misheard. There is no evidence that protection from the vaccines will last only three months, That is the minimum that can be claimed from ongoing studies, and it is likely to be longer. No one knows exactly how much longer.

Old 03-30-2021, 10:30 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I think you misheard. There is no evidence that protection from the vaccines will last only three months, That is the minimum that can be claimed from ongoing studies, and it is likely to be longer. No one knows exactly how much longer.
I heard correctly.
The reporter stated there is no way for scientist to tell if the vaccines last longer than three months, of if there could be long lasting side effects from them, and in his exact words, "without further study, they are not sure of long lasting effectiveness of the vaccines".

Old 03-30-2021, 10:42 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
“he’s thankful to have received his dose.”
poor chap. aside the adverse reaction that has caused his skin to peel off, he's also suffering covid related psychological damage.

Old 03-30-2021, 10:45 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,931,272 times
There will be cases of SJ syndrone, Guillain Barre, etc. They are very rare and don't mean that the vaccines should be avoided at all. Hell, if we listened to CD idiots we'd never be using aspirin because it causes thousands of cases of bleeding and acute liver toxicities every single year. Thank your lucky stars you aren't on heavy cancer medications, many of which cause more cancer, brain injury, kidney injury, liver injury, or even death. The covid vaccines are incredibly safe compared to many other medicines.

Got the pfizer vax and am fine. Wife got j and j and had a fever for a day. Big whoop. The best part is that all you gotta do to get an open appt. for the vax is look for what parts of the state are red. Trumpeters are still drinking dumb Q kool aid and avoid the vax. Hey, avoid all you want, that just leaves more for us who believe in science. Thanks!

Old 03-30-2021, 10:49 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
There will be cases of SJ syndrone, Guillain Barre, etc. They are very rare and don't mean that the vaccines should be avoided at all. Hell, if we listened to CD idiots we'd never be using aspirin because it causes thousands big cases of bleeding and acute liver toxicities per year. Thank your lucky stars you aren't on heavy cancer medications, many of which cause more cancer, brain injury, kidney injury, liver injury, or even death.

Got the pfizer vax and am fine. Wife got j and j and had a fever for a day. Big whoop. The best part is thatall you gotta do to get an open appt. for the vax is look what parts of the state are red. Trumpeters are still drinking dumb Q kool aid and avoid the vax. Hey, avoid all you want, that just leaves more for us who believe in science. Thanks!
S
And some people got covid and "big whoop". You got the vaccine,nso you can quit the worrying about everyone else and the annoying pontificating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies