Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2021, 06:51 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times

Advertisements

Read over the first page.

Why are you guys trying to defend his lie? It was a direct, overt, blatant lie, and EVERYONE knew it was when he said it. It's ok to say so. He's a politician. Everyone knows he lies - even you. You can be honest, this one time. Really.

"I guarantee you, my word as a Biden, no one making less than four hundred thousand dollars will pay a single penny more in taxes. Not a penny."

I guess his word as a Biden is worth about as much as we thought.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ml?jwsource=cl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 06:58 AM

88,997 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Yes and the Republicans voted to give to the top 1%.
It was paid for by adding to the deficit.
I don’t recall that inflation “vote”.
Again, letting people keep more of their own money doesn't cost the Fed Gov anything. Zero. They're not cutting checks or direct depositing to anyone's bank account to do so. What costs the Fed Gov money is the over $1 trillion/year it actually spends on numerous public assistance programs. The Fed Gov has to actually give people that money, money which they didn't already have.

Old 04-01-2021, 07:23 AM

2,001 posts, read 760,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
So $400k of TAXABLE INCOME is middle class? Remember, this is after all the deductions of children, SALT, work expenses, mortgage interest, retirement contributions, etc. You can hide about $40k alone by maxing out retirement contributions. This would probably mean the family would likely have an income of at least $500k a year. I don't care where you live in the US, 500k a year is not middle class.
You’re correct, it shouldn’t be middle class.

But a tax hit of 40% pushes them back down to upper middle class levels.

Old 04-01-2021, 07:44 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Why are you guys trying to defend his lie? It was a direct, overt, blatant lie, and EVERYONE knew it was when he said it. It's ok to say so. He's a politician. Everyone knows he lies - even you. You can be honest, this one time. Really.

"I guarantee you, my word as a Biden, no one making less than four hundred thousand dollars will pay a single penny more in taxes. Not a penny."

Which taxpayers making less than $400K are paying more in taxes?

Old 04-01-2021, 07:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:

Yup, Biden lied and people will pay dearly for it. He has pet projects to fund and it's time for America to pay up, lockdowns be damned.

Old 04-01-2021, 07:56 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
You’re correct, it shouldn’t be middle class.

But a tax hit of 40% pushes them back down to upper middle class levels.

Please show your math there.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:01 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Which taxpayers making less than $400K are paying more in taxes?
if the dems raise the corporate tax....every person

Old 04-01-2021, 08:36 AM

929 posts, read 304,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
Exactly. And it would capture unreported income. The government spins up all this nonsense about fairness and class, to divide the country and win votes. The reality is that the lower income brackets pay very little tax as it is, with the high wage earner brackets paying the most. And given that we are literally printing money right now, this whole raising taxes business is more about politics than anything else.
Excellent point. Also too many people look at the percentage of tax collection per income bracket and neglect looking at the cumulative numbers. The higher the bracket , the more taxes are collected in mass.

Taxation as a means of inflation control after massive spending is an old Democratic trick that has been tried in the past. Talk about burdens on the people, Biden’s latest “ infrastructure “ boondoggle will add half the average family income per year to the national debt. It will take 15 years of higher taxation just to pay for this latest drunken sailor binge.

Clearly, more spending and then even more taxation is down the road. They aren’t done yet . Their economic plan is too squash the top income and boost the bottom, squeezing out the middle class.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:41 AM

29,468 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
Excellent point. Also too many people look at the percentage of tax collection per income bracket and neglect looking at the cumulative numbers. The higher the bracket , the more taxes are collected in mass.

Taxation as a means of inflation control after massive spending is an old Democratic trick that has been tried in the past. Talk about burdens on the people, Biden’s latest “ infrastructure “ boondoggle will add half the average family income per year to the national debt. It will take 15 years of higher taxation just to pay for this latest drunken sailor binge.

Clearly, more spending and then even more taxation is down the road. They aren’t done yet . Their economic plan is too squash the top income and boost the bottom, squeezing out the middle class.
It certainly seems that way.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:52 AM

18,433 posts, read 8,268,923 times
...if you like your doctor.....you can keep your doctor

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies