Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2021, 06:59 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,989,976 times

Advertisements

There is an inverse relationship between the number of people who vote and the quality of government we get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 07:06 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Funny, I'm going to use your line of not showing my I.D. to return back to my country after visiting foreign countries. I will tell airport security that the bill of right and the constitution gives me citizenship at birth and I don't need to show I.D. to prove my citizenship for something I was born with. Let's see how fast that works before they put me in a room until I prove my IDENTITY.
What line about not showing ID are you referring to? I didn't argue that we shouldn't show an ID to purchase a firearm, nor did I in any way infer that an ID is an unreasonable requirement. I'm an ardent supporter of requiring ID for purchasing a firearm, voting, entering this nation or any other, and many other activities that may or may not be considered constitutionally protected. Quite frankly, if you can't figure out how to obtain an ID I would be amazed if you could find your way to the polling location.

Voting is a right which is reserved for U.S. citizens. Requiring proof of citizenship in the form of an ID which you also need to function as an adult in our society is a reasonable requirement - a requirement that most first world countries already have in place.

Old 04-04-2021, 08:36 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,585,304 times
“”I can’t apply for social services, pick up my kids from school, enter federal building, travel in a plane, can’t drive, can’t buy alcohol, can’t go to the doctor, can’t check out a book from the library, can’t open a phone line, and basically cannot being a functional adult. I can’t even get covid vaccine. Why? It’s too difficult to get an ID. BUT I am going to be a responsible American and do my civic duty by going out to vote.”””

Hey liberals, do you buy your own bull****?

Old 04-04-2021, 08:46 PM

493 posts, read 192,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I lived in Chicago and took the train and buses often. They did not go near the DMV.
There is a DMV office in the Thompson Center in downtown Chicago. There is an El stop IN THE BUILDING.

You can’t be serious. The arguments the Libs are coming up with just get lamer by the day.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:54 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Very true. But they can also be unfounded. They are opinions lacking any sound basis, unsubstantiated, lacking evidence etc.

In this example, it was correct to label your opinion unfounded.
Ah, such as those opinions that Trump lost the election because of fraud.

Old 04-04-2021, 11:13 PM

8,543 posts, read 10,962,618 times
To those who advocate the government give out free id's.
The dems would find fault with anything having to do with voter id.
You could offer free id's to everyone who doesn't have one, go to their home/apartment, snap a picture of them, and print it out on the spot, and he dems would cry foul.
They would shout voter intimidation by giving out free id's to vote, which in their mine would be like trying to buy votes.

I hate to admit it, but for most of my life I was a democrat.
What changed my mind was how the dems felt it was important to have a black president, even though he was not qualified.
You can all thank Oprah Winfrey for Obama becoming president.

When race became the battle cry, and criteria for electing a president, I decided it was time for a change.
It appears not much has changed in the democratic party.
The tradition of picking people based on race and gender is paramount , and qualifications are out the window.

Old 04-04-2021, 11:16 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,842,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Sorry, if one could afford to by cigarettes and beer, they could afford a ID. ID is required for majority of services. I don’t buy that excuse.

I looked it up, under $20 to obtain.
How do you know people who don't have ID smoke cigarettes and drink beer?

Old 04-04-2021, 11:20 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
To those who advocate the government give out free id's.
The dems would find fault with anything having to do with voter id.
You could offer free id's to everyone who doesn't have one, go to their home/apartment, snap a picture of them, and print it out on the spot, and he dems would cry foul.
They would shout voter intimidation by giving out free id's to vote, which in their mine would be like trying to buy votes.

I hate to admit it, but for most of my life I was a democrat.
What changed my mind was how the dems felt it was important to have a black president, even though he was not qualified.
You can all thank Oprah Winfrey for Obama becoming president.

When race became the battle cry, and criteria for electing a president, I decided it was time for a change.
It appears not much has changed in the democratic party.
The tradition of picking people based on race and gender is paramount , and qualifications are out the window.
You elected Trump who had no qualifications.

Old 04-04-2021, 11:33 PM

8,543 posts, read 10,962,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You elected Trump who had no qualifications.
When Trump was running for his first presidency, the country was in shambles, and it needed to be run like a business instead of a political dog and pony show, which it was.
Who better to lead the country into a brighter future than a businessman?

Many felt the country needed a "professional" use to wheeling and dealing, and Trump fit the bill.
His first three years in office proved that we who voted for him, did the right thing.
The country was on the upswing, and that is fact, regardless of what the dems believe.
I do not need to go into Trump's accomplishments in his first three years , everyone knows what they were.
The pandemic hit the country hard, as it did many other countries, and his enemies convinced the media that Trump was not the person to continue at the white house, and they and the biased media won out.

Old 04-04-2021, 11:37 PM

1,052 posts, read 451,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
How do you know people who don't have ID smoke cigarettes and drink beer?
Statistically speaking, poor people are more likely to drink and smoke. You guys keep saying it's these inept, dirt poor people who can't be bothered to spend $20 on an ID to vote, yet are *more likely* to drink and smoke, both of which require an ID to purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies