Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2021, 10:40 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
none of them were far-right. Hitler was far left. All authoritarian governments are left.
Not true. Is Saudi Arabla a 'left' government? I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 10:42 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Yes, that’s why Democrats love COVID19.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:42 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Not true. Is Saudi Arabla a 'left' government? I don't think so.
Muslims in this country often vote democrat.

I could see how you think it's right because of the strict religious laws. my argument as a libertarian and who leans right is that a government that is leaning right would want small government and less rules and laws which would prevent authoritarianism.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I've come to the conclusion that a lot of them will just keep doubling down until something horrible happens to them personally. They are just using Covid as an excuse to do what they've wanted to do for a long time--take away our civil liberties.
It really ticks me off that so many don't see this is used to take away our civil liberties.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
Anyone with half a brain can see whats going on,expect here it's the left's turn.The matter of Cancel Culture is spreading from America now to Europe. You can't say this, can't have statutes to certain people because of slavery, sexist remarks of theirs or whatever their sins supposed or otherwise were. Can't watch this cartoon, read this book and so on we go. This country is turning into a version of Maoist China,
I have coworker from Taiwan who said the same thing about the cancel culture. About a year before Covid, she came up to me one day out of the blue and said "You know, this taking down statues is what the communists did in China during the Cultural Revolution".

Old 04-04-2021, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
To what purpose?
It's always the same. Power and control. It's like a drug for some people. The majority of people are't like that. We think that becasue WE would never be so addicted to power and control, that nobody else is like that, either. So we have a hard time believing that so many people a the highest levels of power would be so psychopathic. But many are. And they're the ones running the show. It's the story of human history. It's repeating itself again. And most people still don't get it.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:50 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:
A 92 year old women says what is happening now with covid restrictions is worse than the holocaust. She says because now they are telling you its for your own good.

these governments have more power in some cases than in Nazi Germany. Could things turn really bad here? I believe so. instead of targeting just the jews now they are trying to control everyone. you might say this is nonsense but I would assume someone who lived through Nazi Germany and still has their mental sharpness has some wisdom and can see evil when it pops up.

listen to this woman yourself. I got emotional watching it. I remember when i saw everyone wearing masks outside in my state i sensed a evil. I told my friend they might start killing people.

Masking children who do not even spread the virus is horrible.

Here is the video....

https://welovetrump.com/2021/03/29/w...oday-is-worse/

You know Hitler did not start killing the jews right away you lose your rights incrementally. He did not put them in camps in the beginning.

Can you please ignore that the website says we love trump trump has nothing to do with this and is not in office. this is a real person who survived the holocaust. This is far bigger than any politician.

For those that do not know Canada's restrictions are far worse then the United states but we could get there. they force you into a hotel and give you very little food If they suspect you were in contact or may have coronavirus. IF you leave the hotel you will be arrested.

In Australia their lockdowns are insane I saw a video of the police ripping a baby out of a mothers arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgUkNs5WZqY
I just left welovetrump.com. They have an update. I read that in Canada if you are exposed to someone who is known to be infected by covid-19 they will put you in a motel and feed you nothing but a bread and water diet. And I hear that the motel is a Super 8, for god's sake. They couldn't even spring for a Travelodge or a Day's Inn. And the water is not bottled water but straight tap water. Oh the humanity!

Old 04-04-2021, 10:53 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
It really ticks me off that so many don't see this is used to take away our civil liberties.
It ticks me off when cons don’t realize that the USA fared among the best countries in the world at preserving civil liberties during a global pandemic. Yet instead of using that occasion to celebrate the incredible level of freedom that is evidence of, they instead try to keep dividing people with entitled attitudes.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:57 PM

And it isn't just conservatives and libertarians who see the power grab for what it is. Naomi Wolf, who is quite far to the left, has been saying the same thing since the beginning of Covid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI9cnS35uWM&t=31s

Old 04-04-2021, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It ticks me off when cons don’t realize that the USA fared among the best countries in the world at preserving civil liberties during a global pandemic. Yet instead of using that occasion to celebrate the incredible level of freedom that is evidence of, they instead try to keep dividing people with entitled attitudes.
Look this is not over. so some loss of rights are ok? what if you owned a business for 25 years and the state told you you had to shut down long enough that you could not recover?

Walmart was able to stay open but a mom and pop store was not?

This ain't over yet you just wait.

Sweden preserved people's freedoms more than any country.

they violated the right to worship by restricting the number of people in a church.

they limited people's right to movement with lockdowns which caused people to die from suicide. children are committing suicide and they can not go to school.

drug addiction and alcoholism have gone up. a virus did not do that the government did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies