Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 10:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Yeah, 15 million people getting tainted vaccine all at once might have been some serious damage.
Again, it was a batch that was contaminated. Internal controls detected the mix up before the batch was transported to another company to be put into vials and shipped.

It has been estimated the contaminated batch may have been sufficient to fill as many as 15 million vials.

J&J has not disclosed the nature of or impact of the mix up, had the internal controls at the Emergent Bio Solutions plant not detected it.

It could have rendered the dose a placebo or something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 11:17 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,306,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Sucks, was hoping to get the one jab and be done. I guess I have to wait longer now.

Not much waiting for 2 jabs, which also have higher efficacy

Old 04-01-2021, 11:40 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Sucks, was hoping to get the one jab and be done. I guess I have to wait longer now.
Not gonna affect April's doses promised. It prob. will affect May and so on.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:56 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Well, with Biden in charge what do you expect. He's incompetent in every regard. If Trump were still in office this would not have happened.

So this screw up means Americans who voted for Biden have killed even more people.
I was gonna say this was a troll post, but then I looked at your history and clearly I was wrong.

the crazy thing is, you're not the only one with this mindset which is what makes this world (at least the US) so scary.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:17 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Not much waiting for 2 jabs, which also have higher efficacy
Waiting is a huge variable within and across states, dependent on geography and eligibility.

No shortage of people feel like they won the lottery when they get an appointment. And many are willing and do travel great distances.

Make sure to schedule the second dose at the location that administers the first dose. Chasing an appointment for the second dose can be frustrating.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:20 PM

9,861 posts, read 4,634,723 times
This made the news and makes you wonder how often this happens before it's discovered and/or reported. I've heard contamination/cross contamination issues from people who worked for or in the industry and yet there was zero news.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:30 PM

7,140 posts, read 4,738,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
I was gonna say this was a troll post, but then I looked at your history and clearly I was wrong.

the crazy thing is, you're not the only one with this mindset which is what makes this world (at least the US) so scary.
Had this happened under Trump's watch, the left would have attacked relentlessly claiming the buck stops with him.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:34 PM

7,140 posts, read 4,738,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
This made the news and makes you wonder how often this happens before it's discovered and/or reported. I've heard contamination/cross contamination issues from people who worked for or in the industry and yet there was zero news.
Exactly. How many issues are there, really. And these pharma companies can't be sued if any harm comes to any person.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:53 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
This one was a doozy.

https://www.thestar.com/life/health_...in_europe.html

But, vaccines are PERFECTLY safe .... [eyeroll]

Old 04-01-2021, 01:02 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Had this happened under Trump's watch, the left would have attacked relentlessly claiming the buck stops with him.
perhaps, and my comment would've been just as valid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies