Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 05:41 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Is it necessary to put such content in a "test"?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/educ...rs-branch-isd/
I hate to break it to you, but using dogs and cats in cuisine? Pretty much everyone in Asia believe that the Chinese do that. Why? Because it happens a lot. Including the skinning of dogs alive, cooking the poor animals while still alive and other brutal practices. I have posted the links here many times already.

They should have also added:
Spitting on the floor of aircraft. I witnessed that on 3 different flights.

Throwing their garbage on the floor of aircraft. Same 3 flights.

Trying to take other people's seats on aircraft. Both before take off and after. Same 3 flights.

Once is a fluke, twice you have to wonder, 3 times and you know it's just how they are. I Used to fly to Asia twice a year going all the way back to the late 80's. I have only experienced this rude behavior on flights with layovers in China.

Chinese are also well known for being racist against other Asians, whites, blacks, pretty much anyone who is not Chinese.
Gweilo? What does that mean again?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gweilo

So when Chinese complain about people being racist or using stereotypes, perhaps they should look in the mirror for a moment.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 03-31-2021 at 05:50 PM..

Old 03-31-2021, 05:48 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
It's rare - most people in China don't do that, and most people even in the city you named don't either.

https://www.hsi.org/news-media/zhuha...cats-wildlife/
And yet it happens often enough to have created a verifiable stereotype. Most of Asia believes these things. Where I live the joke is "If it can still move the Chinese will eat it." Another joke is how do you say Dog in Chinese? Yanxi, it means feast. That is how other Asians view the Chinese as well as they are considered to be a very rude people. Oddly enough Taiwan is not viewed in the same regard as their mainland cousins.

Old 03-31-2021, 05:59 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Refreshing change from schools that teach kids to hate themselves.
I'm of the belief that schools shouldn't teach hate period. It's not like a mandatory part of the curriculum.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:21 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Is it necessary to put such content in a "test"?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/educ...rs-branch-isd/
I have not investigated these claims, but the abuses of the Chinese government against its people are well documented and enjoyed by all so-called Americans that buy cheap Chinese products.

Real intelligence would afford one the ability to distinguish between anti-Chinese government comments from anti-Asian comments. Racism, by definition, is pigeon-holing all Asians into the same category.

It is deeply troubling that the entire world, including the loudest voices on the American left, claims to embrace diversity yet openly embraces an openly racist country that exploits human and slave trafficking just so they can tweet with mobile convenience about how intelligent they are.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:26 PM

23,599 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I'm of the belief that schools shouldn't teach hate period. It's not like a mandatory part of the curriculum.
It was a course about China.

Are they supposed to teach only the feel good parts?

If that is your way of thinking then should slavery, that happened in the US so long ago, not be taught in schools?

Old 03-31-2021, 08:10 PM

447 posts, read 322,072 times
Carrolton school district?

Feel relief this did not happen in the school districts that I am familiar with like South lake/ Coppell /highland park/ Plano.

These are the school districts that most Chinese or Asian families send their Children to and I wish things like this not happen.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:27 PM

447 posts, read 322,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with kids leaning that maybe their meat from China went "woof" or "meow" instead of "moo, oink, or cluck".
China is not a country selling out meat instead it is a buyer and US is the seller.

Meat price here in the US is much cheaper than that is in China.

Also they are the biggest buyer of US lobsters.

FYI

Old 03-31-2021, 08:27 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,578,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
And yet it happens often enough to have created a verifiable stereotype. Most of Asia believes these things. Where I live the joke is "If it can still move the Chinese will eat it." Another joke is how do you say Dog in Chinese? Yanxi, it means feast. That is how other Asians view the Chinese as well as they are considered to be a very rude people. Oddly enough Taiwan is not viewed in the same regard as their mainland cousins.

Chinese cook book: 101 ways to wok your dog.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:04 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,760,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I hate to break it to you, but using dogs and cats in cuisine? Pretty much everyone in Asia believe that the Chinese do that. Why? Because it happens a lot. Including the skinning of dogs alive, cooking the poor animals while still alive and other brutal practices. I have posted the links here many times already.

They should have also added:
Spitting on the floor of aircraft. I witnessed that on 3 different flights.

Throwing their garbage on the floor of aircraft. Same 3 flights.

Trying to take other people's seats on aircraft. Both before take off and after. Same 3 flights.

Once is a fluke, twice you have to wonder, 3 times and you know it's just how they are. I Used to fly to Asia twice a year going all the way back to the late 80's. I have only experienced this rude behavior on flights with layovers in China.

Chinese are also well known for being racist against other Asians, whites, blacks, pretty much anyone who is not Chinese.
Gweilo? What does that mean again?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gweilo

So when Chinese complain about people being racist or using stereotypes, perhaps they should look in the mirror for a moment.
The vast majority of Chinese have never eaten dogs in their life, not to mention cats.
China has 1.4 billion people and some regions have special traditions, including eating dogs. That's it. Dogs are eaten in Korea and Vietnam too.
People in those areas often do not keep dogs as pets.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:57 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It was a course about China.

Are they supposed to teach only the feel good parts?

If that is your way of thinking then should slavery, that happened in the US so long ago, not be taught in schools?
But were is that important to the history of China. Their are various people group's in America known for various weird traditions. But it doesn't make sense to say Rejecting modern society is a trait of America when your literally talking about the Amish. Saying Chinese eat cat's and dog's is like Saying Americans watch Handball. Like I have no doubt that their are American fans of handball, but is it a cultural reality, that needs to be mentioned on an American class, no.

For example their is an ethnic group in Nigeria, were people are known for eating dog meat. The vast majority of Nigerians even people within this ethnic group do not consume dog meat. The majority of Chinese claim to have never eaten dog meat, something like 70%. Of the remaining 30%, only 2.5% say they eat it 10 times a year or more. While certainly more than America, you can't characterize China as a country that eats' dog meat anymore than you can characterize America as a country that eats frogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies