Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 08:43 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Again? Read my lips: "Excess deaths".
Only 5% died due to covid alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 08:46 AM

929 posts, read 303,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You don’t need to explain anything. If someone has cancer they are at greater risk of death from any illness that comes their way. If it wasn’t covid, it could be the flu or strep throat or norovirus. Anything can push someone who is seriously ill over the edge. The point is, covid is not killing otherwise healthy individuals. It’s mostly killing people who are already close to the end of their life.
I certainly wish what you are saying was made more clear to the public. I follow the state I live in ( CT ) regarding the statistics. Around 7300 died. 1600 under the age of 70. 6 under the age of 19. 4500 deaths over the age of 80. The population of CT is 3.5 million.

Additionally, we don’t have any information regarding the health conditions of the deceased.
54% of all deaths were in Nursing Homes of LTC facilities in CT.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:57 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,312 times
Quote:
You don’t need to explain anything. If someone has cancer they are at greater risk of death from any illness that comes their way. If it wasn’t covid, it could be the flu or strep throat or norovirus. Anything can push someone who is seriously ill over the edge. The point is, covid is not killing otherwise healthy individuals. It’s mostly killing people who are already close to the end of their life.
This is what you said "And covid was the sole cause of death on just 5% of death certificates, all other covid deaths had cofactors." That was misleading, wasn't it? The same thing could be said of cancer. Let's stick with cancer. Do you know what the average age of a person diagnosed with cancer? I'll tell you. It is 66 years old. Do you know how many people in America were diagnosed with cancer last year? I'll tell you that too. It was 1.8 million. How many contracted covid? Over 30 million. And that is with social distancing and mask mandates. I do not know how much difference any of this makes to you since you seem to think the 3rd leading cause of death can be dismissed because most people recover.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:03 AM

2,982 posts, read 1,164,508 times
Remember the guy in Florida was killed in motorcycle accident it was called a covid related death??

Old 04-01-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Remember the guy in Florida was killed in motorcycle accident it was called a covid related death??
There was also a guy who drank himself to death in a park who was listed as a covid death.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:05 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
They died due to Covid. If you disagree you will need to come up with an alternative explanation of the number of excess deaths since March 2020. And you will not be able to. End of story.

Yeah....I'm sure the guy who died in a motor motorcycle crash whose death was attributed to Covid probably wrecked his bike because he had a runny nose from Covid.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:08 AM

8,121 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yeah....I'm sure the guy who died in a motor motorcycle crash whose death was attributed to Covid probably wrecked his bike because he had a runny nose from Covid.
So are you going to explain the 550k excess deaths since the start of the pandemic or not? Perhaps, it's more fatal motorcycle crashes, like a 100 fold increase or so?

Old 04-01-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
They died due to Covid. If you disagree you will need to come up with an alternative explanation of the number of excess deaths since March 2020. And you will not be able to. End of story.
Suicides are up, homicides are up, people died due to not seeking medical care during the initial shutdown from heart attacks, strokes, cancer, etc., Not all excess deaths were from covid. Wake up.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:14 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,312 times
Quote:
Suicides are up, homicides are up, people died due to not seeking medical care during the initial shutdown from heart attacks, strokes, cancer, etc., Not all excess deaths were from covid. Wake up.
There were over 30 million covid infections in the U.S. Doesn't that matter or is the idea to come up with rationales to explain why a pandemic really isn't so bad? One guy was mislabeled as a covid death last year therefore the severity of the disease is a myth?

Old 04-01-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
There were over 30 million covid infections in the U.S. Doesn't that matter or is the idea to come up with rationales to explain why a pandemic really isn't so bad? One guy was mislabeled as a covid death last year therefore the severity of the disease is a myth?
Not sure what it is you think you’re responding to. Covid is real, it killed real people but I do we think we overreacted and are continuing to overact. Covid is not a serious threat to most people. I feel like we are seeing mass hysteria play out right before our eyes and I think many people see the vaccine as our savior and are angrily lashing out at those who see it differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies