Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2021, 11:57 AM

42,755 posts, read 17,976,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You could have said No and you’d still have gotten vaccinated. Too bad you didn’t know that since CVS how has access to every aspect of your entire life and will shortly be sending you your social credit score. /sarcasm.
If I said no then CVS would have turned me away. I had to prove my age and that I was eligible.
I actually asked the pharmacy girl that question.
And the CVS site also tells you that when you sign up...an ID and your insurance card (if you have insurance).

Now where did you come up with your answer ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2021, 11:58 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,691,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Democrats: Black people can't afford $30 IDs

Also Democrats: Black people can afford $145 passport vaccines
The party of self righteousness and blatant hypocrisy.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Democrats: Black people can't afford $30 IDs

Also Democrats: Black people can afford $145 passport vaccines
State ID's are free for most. It's the DL that costs you money.

And not to mention the smart phone needed to show that QR code.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:01 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,856,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Not wanting to wear shoes is far different from not wanting to inject oneself with a pharmaceutical product.
So? It's still the right of the business to make that decision. They could decide that barefoot people are just fine, too. Their choice.

Quote:
Why are you so worried anyway. Does your vaccine not work? Is that why you’re crying about people who don’t want it?
LOL. This, folks, is a textbook demonstration of a straw man fallacy. Well done, MissTerri!

Old 04-06-2021, 12:04 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,691,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So? It's still the right of the business to make that decision. They could decide that barefoot people are just fine, too. Their choice.

LOL. This, folks, is a textbook demonstration of a straw man fallacy. Well done, MissTerri!
Wake up.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Wake up.
To what? Your straw man arguments?

Old 04-06-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:

That's no straw man. If you got your vaccine why are you so worried about other people having/not having it ?
Don't you trust the vaccine will work ?

Old 04-06-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
So don't wear shoes into a restaurant and see how fast you are forced to leave. Then stand outside the establishment and cry about how your rights to be barefoot in their establishment are being taken away.

Or...you know...just go find a place that doesn't care if you are an anti-vaxxer and stop trying to force other businesses to cater to your demands.
You have no idea whether they are or not an anti-vaxxer. Not everyone wants to take an unapproved drug.
Some want to wait until it is approved and not just "emergency use".

Does calling people names make you feel better about yourself ?

Old 04-06-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That's no straw man. If you got your vaccine why are you so worried about other people having/not having it ?
Don't you trust the vaccine will work ?
Yes, I do. Which is why I think everyone should get vaccinated. So now tell me how that relates to anything that was said in our exchange regarding a business's right to decide how to run their business. You can't, because it was not part of the argument until that poster was out of arguments and decided to pretend that's what I implied.

Just for your own knowledge:

Quote:
A straw man fallacy occurs when someone takes another person's argument or point, distorts it or exaggerates it in some kind of extreme way, and then attacks the extreme distortion, as if that is really the claim the first person is making.
Which is exactly what transpired. It was textbook.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:46 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,911,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Hahahahaha. Try reading CD posts. There are people in every forum discouraging vaccination Every. Single. Day.
Where are the posts discouraging vaccination?

I see people actively promoting and marketing vaccination, mandatory vaccination and vaccine passports. I have seen people asking for choice to be respected as a personal decision. I have seen people who aren't getting the vaccine asking how to respond when asked if they are getting the vaccine because they know that they will be attacked.

But I haven't seen 1 thread that includes NO ONE GET THE VACCINE!!!!

Please link to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies