Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2021, 08:57 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Damn good opinion too in my book. All of that happened.
Well, it is not true that a vaccine was developed in 72 hours. The technology was there to do it (the technology that people are claiming is "too rushed") but not a fully developed vaccine in production.

Do you really believe that N95 masks should not have been reserved for healthcare providers treating patients with COVID-19 when there was a shortage of them?

Then,

"THEREFORE; be it resolved that the Libertarian National Committee stands in stark defiance of all attempts by government to interfere with the private sector response to COVID19 ... "

Doesn't it follow that the LNC should support that gyms and cruise companies and airlines and people putting on sports and entertainment events should be able to require proof of vaccination (or evidence of antibodies to the virus) in order for folks to patronize their businesses - or work there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 09:06 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Well, it is not true that a vaccine was developed in 72 hours. The technology was there to do it (the technology that people are claiming is "too rushed") but not a fully developed vaccine in production.

Do you really believe that N95 masks should not have been reserved for healthcare providers treating patients with COVID-19 when there was a shortage of them?

Then,

"THEREFORE; be it resolved that the Libertarian National Committee stands in stark defiance of all attempts by government to interfere with the private sector response to COVID19 ... "

Doesn't it follow that the LNC should support that gyms and cruise companies and airlines and people putting on sports and entertainment events should be able to require proof of vaccination (or evidence of antibodies to the virus) in order for folks to patronize their businesses - or work there?
seems to me these libertarians are not for vaccine passports.

i thought the same thing being a libertarian. yes a business can do what it wants until it invades on privacy or asks for medical information. they cant tell people to drop their pants and bend over. Even businesses have limits. Individual rights trump business rights. there is your answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRjF_Jm7Vyo

they cant use private businesses as a proxy. some say well facebook is a private buisness but they have huge lobbying power which does change laws. we have to fear the merger of government and corporations. The government tells facebook what to do its obvious they are in bed together. this is why monopolies were not found to be good for Americans even early on in this country.

people have freedom to make decisions for themselves. Stopping people from taking part in society for not taking a medical procedure is not American and should be very obvious.

There is my body my choice to go along with this. Nobody has a right to even coerce you to take a vaccine its no different than a boss threatening women to have sex with him or She will lose her job.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-13-2021 at 09:33 PM..

Old 04-13-2021, 09:21 PM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:

Then,

I'm not going to argue and debate opinion. It's opinion. Geeze..if you don't like it then just disagree with it and move on.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
seems to me these libertarians are not for vaccine passports.

i thought the same thing being a libertarian. yes a business can do what it wants until it invades on privacy or asks for medical information. they cant tell people to drop their pants and bend over. even businesses have limits. individual rights trump business rights. there is your answer.
The issue I was addressing is the right of business owners to choose to require evidence of immunity to SARS-CoV-2. The LNC is stating government should not tell businesses what to do. It follows that business should have the right to institute their own, non-government mandated, requirements.

Your answer is to not patronize a business that uses a "passport". You do not have to share your medical information with anyone if you do not wish to do so.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:27 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to argue and debate opinion. It's opinion. Geeze..if you don't like it then just disagree with it and move on.
You said "all of that happened". Would you like to revise that statement?

Old 04-13-2021, 09:30 PM

Quote:
You said "all of that happened". Would you like to revise that statement?
That is my opinion that "all that happened".

Old 04-13-2021, 09:37 PM

Quote:
The issue I was addressing is the right of business owners to choose to require evidence of immunity to SARS-CoV-2. The LNC is stating government should not tell businesses what to do. It follows that business should have the right to institute their own, non-government mandated, requirements.

Your answer is to not patronize a business that uses a "passport". You do not have to share your medical information with anyone if you do not wish to do so.
This is a slippery slope and no businesses do not have a right to require evidence that you have immunity. there is a risk of going out in public. They could ask if you have symptoms may be that as far as it should go. this is contagious in terms of business policies and I could see most businesses asking for this then its possible the person is shunned from society. The burden of proof is on the state to prove you are sick. you can not assume people are sick. A business can not assume your sick asking for medical info and then turn you down. lots have made comparisons to nazi Germany.

The government is working with big corporations on vaccine passports. It is well known that Biden is working with businesses to start-up vaccine passports.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-13-2021 at 10:16 PM..

Old 04-13-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
This is a slippery slope and no businesses do not have a right to require evidence that you have immunity. there is a risk of going out in public. They could ask if you have symptoms may be that as far as it should go. this is contagious in terms of business policies and I could see most businesses asking for this then its possible the person is shunned from society. The burden of proof is on the state to prove you are sick. you can not assume people are sick. A business can not assume your sick asking for medical info and then turn you down. lots have made comparisons to nazi Germany.
Sure they can and it works on a feared populace. We have history to attest to that.

The Jews carried typhus...all Jews. So all Jews had to wear that yellow star as a "public health risk" so that people could avoid them and not get typhus and die.

And we all know what that turned into and how that ended. But that is how it all started....benign "health risk"

Old 04-13-2021, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Sure they can and it works on a feared populace. We have history to attest to that.

The Jews carried typhus...all Jews. So all Jews had to wear that yellow star as a "public health risk" so that people could avoid them and not get typhus and die.

And we all know what that turned into and how that ended. But that is how it all started....benign "health risk"
Ya, that's what I heard recently they asked 100-year-old women how was it so easy for Hitler to convince people to hate the jews and it was the lie he gave that they were sick and contagious.

The easiest way to control people is to take advantage of their fear.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:07 PM

Businesses can require vaccine passports but this is America and I'd wager you'd see just as many "vaccine passport not required" signs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies