Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 10:57 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times

Advertisements

All thanks to President Trump and red states. The numbers have ZERO connection to Mr. Magoo and the failed lockdown states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 11:16 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Probably a huge chunk from California. We are still the largest, in term of population and economy, in the US.
???? California just started to open up the last week -- I bet those numbers don't even have any real impact from California.

Old 04-02-2021, 11:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Here in Charleston SC we have been 'open' since last May for the most part.

This month the Food and Bev community are BEGGING for people to come work for them. If you are unemployed in the Food and Bev industry -- these restaurants are offering benefits, training, etc. They aren't playing.

I am going to miss the restaurants not scrambling for business. Great promotions, great food, great take out options in this last year.

I don't always want to go and see in a jammed restaurant to get me that soft shelled crab sandwich from a fave local brewery....lol.

Old 04-02-2021, 11:35 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
The numbers would be better if the oval office dementia patient hadn't killed off 10's of thousands of jobs. It's typical Biden to take credit for something he had nothing to do with.
WAIT.

The whole economic recovery was set up by Obama. Credit goes where credit is due.

Now the Democrats have to take the country out of another mess made by the repubs.

Old 04-02-2021, 11:35 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
All thanks to President Trump and red states. The numbers have ZERO connection to Mr. Magoo and the failed lockdown states.
Who? Except for a shrinking fringe group, this country has moved on and beyond the nightmare of the previous Administration. Vast majority of people couldn't care less what this guy has to say or what he plans to do.

Republicans are going to learn this the hard way, if they try to run Trump again or another Neo-fascist like him. Americans are sick and tired of the Radical Right, the whacko QAnoners and all the other nonsense that we saw for 4 years.

And as I write this I see that the same scum that attacked our Capitol on Jan 6 after Trump green-lighted them, is at it again, this time ramming a vehicle into 2 Capitol police officers. Trumpists have ZERO chance of ever regaining power because everyone now sees with clarity what they truly represent.

Old 04-02-2021, 11:41 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Here in Charleston SC we have been 'open' since last May for the most part.

This month the Food and Bev community are BEGGING for people to come work for them. If you are unemployed in the Food and Bev industry -- these restaurants are offering benefits, training, etc. They aren't playing.

I am going to miss the restaurants not scrambling for business. Great promotions, great food, great take out options in this last year.

I don't always want to go and see in a jammed restaurant to get me that soft shelled crab sandwich from a fave local brewery....lol.
You're lucky. We were shut down for months.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:01 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You should tell that to Du Ma - he's claiming this is all due to Cali. I'll let you two fight it out.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:09 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Who? Except for a shrinking fringe group, this country has moved on and beyond the nightmare of the previous Administration. Vast majority of people couldn't care less what this guy has to say or what he plans to do.

Republicans are going to learn this the hard way, if they try to run Trump again or another Neo-fascist like him. Americans are sick and tired of the Radical Right, the whacko QAnoners and all the other nonsense that we saw for 4 years.

And as I write this I see that the same scum that attacked our Capitol on Jan 6 after Trump green-lighted them, is at it again, this time ramming a vehicle into 2 Capitol police officers. Trumpists have ZERO chance of ever regaining power because everyone now sees with clarity what they truly represent.
Our country is healing, we are working towards getting COVID under control, taking public health seriously. The economy is responding to competent leadership and an impressive vaccine rollout.

The detractors have nothing left, save Trump, Matt Gaetz, and the lunatics who keep trying to destroy our Capitol and who keep harassing Asian Americans.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:14 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Under the expert leadership of President Biden, our jobs picture has excelled expectations and, importantly, black unemployment is finally easing after a peak of 16.7% in the spring of last year, during Trump’s disastrous administration.

All the economic optimism and actual progress are tied to Biden’s effective rollout of vaccines (another area where the president has exceeded expectations).

Lets rejoice for America. We finally made the right choice when we hired President Biden. We are slowly heading back to a country that talks about policy rather than the chief executive’s obsession with mean tweets and gross incompetence.
Quote:
Our country is healing, we are working towards getting COVID under control, taking public health seriously. The economy is responding to competent leadership and an impressive vaccine rollout.
Wow - you really live in La La Land!!!

Old 04-02-2021, 02:23 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:

+1, very well put. Biden's direct federal government-to-drug store vaccination distribution has been a huge success. Trump gets credit for kicking off Operation Warp Speed but it sputtered badly when it came to logistics and distribution. Biden picked up the ball and ran with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies