Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 02:33 AM

589 posts, read 756,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
the Polls closes at 7 PM and if the people are still in line before 7 PM they get to vote. How is that voter suppression for only blacks? They only vote at midnight? We have a clown in the WH and a liar and corrupt corporations.
When 1 party controls the media behind the scenes like the Democrats do, it's easy to lie to the public and get away with it.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Jim Acosta has disappeared off the face of the earth??? He's MIA and isn't anywhere. He certainly wasn't yelling questions at Biden's scripted press conference or following him around like he did to Trump nearly every day for the entire 4 years of his presidency...So much for a "fair and honest press", we have a msm that licks the boots of 1 party and attacks the other as though they are Soviet Pravda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2021, 06:16 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The favorite attack that Georgia Polls are forced to close at 5PM is a lie.
Biden lied about the Georgia voting law during his first press conference, claiming that it forced polling places to close at 5 p.m., “so working people can’t cast their vote after their shift is over.” In fact, the law merely requires polling places during early voting to stay open until at least 5 p.m., giving them discretion to stay open until 7 p.m. This is an expansion of voting hours, not a contraction of them.

So Biden lied. Clearly, he lied. And he knew it, too.
But that's how you sell nonsense to people who do not pay attention.

https://www.savannahnow.com/in-depth...df/7001807002/
"it expands access to early voting statewide by requiring two mandatory Saturdays and allowing local election officials the option of up to two Sundays during early voting. This change would apply to all 159 counties in Georgia for the first time and result in hundreds of hours of increased early voting opportunities across the state."

"They will also forget to mention that Georgia – unlike Delaware – continues to have no-excuse absentee balloting and secured ballot drop boxes statewide."

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/geor...gov-brian-kemp

Funny sleepy joe NEVER complained about his OWN states election laws!

Old 04-03-2021, 06:20 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I have a problem with this new law in GA which would seriously limit voting of the handicapped and those without the ability to drive.
Quote:
The law says that each county can't have more than one drop box per early voting site or per 100,000 active registered voters, whichever number is smaller. This provision will dramatically reduce the number of drop boxes available in some large counties. Fulton County, for example, says it would go from 38 drop boxes in the November election to eight in the future.
Fact check: What the new Georgia elections law actually does
What's the problem with one drop box per early voting site? It's not like anyone is going to have to stand in long lines to use a drop box. Even so, why not just mail the ballot?

Old 04-03-2021, 07:47 AM

18,559 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The favorite attack that Georgia Polls are forced to close at 5PM is a lie.
Biden lied about the Georgia voting law during his first press conference, claiming that it forced polling places to close at 5 p.m., “so working people can’t cast their vote after their shift is over.” In fact, the law merely requires polling places during early voting to stay open until at least 5 p.m., giving them discretion to stay open until 7 p.m. This is an expansion of voting hours, not a contraction of them.

So Biden lied. Clearly, he lied. And he knew it, too.
Of course. What's hilarious is the implicit premise that "working people" vote for Democrats.

Old 04-03-2021, 08:13 AM

1,951 posts, read 699,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Wow, a politician who lied. I am shocked and appalled....
they are not lying, they are just saying whatever fit their narrative

Old 04-03-2021, 08:15 AM

1,704 posts, read 804,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
So now Republicans trust government workers to stay later than required so people can vote?
Government workers volunteering to work late?
Government workers will decide to remain open past the required time?

I guess you guys have more faith in Government workers and bureaucrats running the agencies than I do for sure. Or you guys are full of it.

I have 0 faith polling places will stay open beyond their required time. Not in line by 5pm will equal no voting that day.
I was a government worker for over 30 years and it was rare for me to leave "on time". And I would say the same for the 100 or so folks I worked with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies