Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 12:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Federal government has zero plans to create a vaccine passport mandate but it does seem some states/cities may adapt the policy.

So no, I don't see it becoming a universal policy.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:29 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
So far a few states have said no to them and other states are considering them. I fully expect blue states to adopt them and red states to ban them. I also think I might have to move.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:29 PM

962 posts, read 541,204 times
Considering "vaccine passports" have been a thing for many years when traveling to certain countries, I guarantee you that international flights will require proof of vaccination.

As to businesses requiring proof of vaccination, let the market decide, right? If vaccine passports are unpopular, people won't go to businesses that require them. The GOP used to like it when the free market solved problems.

Old 04-06-2021, 02:05 PM

17,410 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Yes I think so, and no I don't agree.

I'll just cut & paste my post from the other thread:

It's not far fetched to think that the vaccine passport will crack open the door to a more broad based passport similar to the Social Credit System that's being developed and implemented in China.

Want to go to an AMC movie theatre? Present your vaccine passport.

Want to stay at the Waldorf or the Ritz? Show your vaccine passport.

I would bet a nickel that eventually every company that China has their paws in will eventually start requiring vaccine passports to be presented upon entry or purchase or use. Or maybe China's ownership in American companies won't be the tipping point at all - our government will require it on it's own. Kind of like Hollywood started self censoring their own movies before the CCP even asked.

Maybe it won't be called vaccine passports - but it will be some version of some app that holds every piece of information about a person. From health history, to credit scores, to what your average speed is when you drive.

And stupid Americans will be like, "oh, what's it matter anyway? the government and social media know everything about me anyway ... here! take the remaining bits of my privacy and my freedom."

Before you call me a conspiracy theorist - riddle me this: in 2019 if someone would've told you that the American government could come in and shut down private businesses and mandate if US citizens had a right to earn a living - would you have believed it?

I wouldn't have.

Old 04-06-2021, 02:10 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
Considering "vaccine passports" have been a thing for many years when traveling to certain countries, I guarantee you that international flights will require proof of vaccination.

As to businesses requiring proof of vaccination, let the market decide, right? If vaccine passports are unpopular, people won't go to businesses that require them. The GOP used to like it when the free market solved problems.
And how would the local pet grooming business get access to your vaccine record?

Old 04-06-2021, 04:06 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
And stupid Americans will be like, "oh, what's it matter anyway? the government and social media know everything about me anyway ... here! take the remaining bits of my privacy and my freedom."
Soon stupid, naive Americans will flock to the Apple Store to get microchips with ALL their personal information implanted in their brains because all their friends have one!

And then, in a few years, when the Authoritarian Government wants their Sheeple to do/not do something they will just download the applicable Leftist App directly into their brain, and there will be unchallenged compliance from ALL!

Old 04-06-2021, 04:14 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
if it happens its more proof bible prophecy is coming true every second.

Old 04-06-2021, 04:26 PM

424 posts, read 175,857 times
For flights, sure. I don't want to be in an enclosed area with people who choose to harbor an illness that has a 5% chance of making me sick even though I've been vaccinated.

For grocery stores, come on. Obviously that's not going to happen. They don't even enforce masks in places where they're mandated.

I think people don't understand what HIPAA is. It's not some law that says you can't require certain health safeguards. It's about health insurance companies and medical facilities, not airlines or restaurants or grocery stores or gyms.

Old 04-06-2021, 04:26 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
There's another thread on this.

Old 04-06-2021, 04:31 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,177,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Just my opinion but having to show it in venues or stores etc is heading towards communism. I know it can be mandate at the state level but do you think it can become on at the federal?
i do not believe they'll implement those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies