Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 09:22 AM

585 posts, read 495,116 times

Advertisements

Just my opinion but having to show it in venues or stores etc is heading towards communism. I know it can be mandate at the state level but do you think it can become on at the federal?

Old 04-02-2021, 09:25 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Just my opinion but having to show it in venues or stores etc is heading towards communism. I know it can be mandate at the state level but do you think it can become on at the federal?
For things like international flights and if you want to get a visa then requiring mandatory vaccinations is normal and appropriate. To go down to the honky tonk and swill bud light with the good old boys it would never be enforced and will never happen. Most stores that say masks are required (not encouraged but required) don’t enforce the rule anyway.

For local venues it should not be a law of any kind but the establishment that owns the venue should choose whatever they wish to do. Some people would flock to places that virtue signal and others would avoid it like the plague. free choice is how it’s supposed to be.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:32 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,986,863 times
The Trumpsters jump on the idea of a Covid passport.

BUT get that ID out to vote !

Goose and Gander concept.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:36 AM

24,619 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Not going to happen.

Vaccines are private medical history, storing them in a mass database for any Democrat to roam, or showing them to every immigration officer, is a HIPAA violation.

The only people authorized to know your medical history are healthcare workers, not the high school dropout homeland security officer.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Stores and venues- no on a state and federal level.

International travel- very possible

Old 04-02-2021, 09:43 AM

17,303 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Not going to happen.

Vaccines are private medical history, storing them in a mass database for any Democrat to roam, or showing them to every immigration officer, is a HIPAA violation.

The only people authorized to know your medical history are healthcare workers, not the high school dropout homeland security officer.
If you are given a "vaccine passport" and then you show that. HIPAA would not be involved in this scenario. Nor is there a mass database for any Democrat to roam. That's been clarified many times over.

HIPAA would be involved if say places were able to pull from your medical file directly for vaccine status without your knowledge/consent.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:44 AM

7,140 posts, read 4,738,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Not going to happen.

They’re covering themselves by saying since they’re using blockchain technology the info is not available to anyone but the user.
We need to stand up.
I am shocked that Israel has forced this onto every citizen.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:52 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,603,217 times
Yes, we should have them, and they need to be enforced with fervor. Everyone that falls in line should be awarded with a citizen of the year award, for saving countless lives. Maybe even throw in a Golden Mask, just to prove to all your friends how dedicated you are to being a 'good' person. You'll even sleep better at night.

We also need to install cameras in everyone's car, just to make sure everyone is wearing their seat belt. Because it's your duty to ensure that everyone feels all cozy and safe from you.

Then we can riot for the right to have cameras installed in everyone's home, because hey, we can't trust anyone. Who knows which of your neighbors is cooking up a fresh batch of Covid?

Old 04-02-2021, 10:11 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,003,821 times
First it will be a 'Certificate', then it will be something that must be displayed in Public for all to see.

Then we'll all be 'encouraged' to get a chip implanted in our skulls!

Old 04-02-2021, 10:17 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
I think they are horrible and I hope and pray they do not become a thing. I'm a right leaning libertarian. But Here are 2 different arguments from liberals against them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWoDbGNt4wg

Rather than solving an existing problem, vaccine passports represent a failure of the country’s public health infrastructure to adequately address the pandemic. With infection rates spiking but vaccine access still limited, passports offer a chance for those fortunate enough to be vaccinated to resume semi-normal lives while the bulk of Americans endure lockdown conditions......
Andy Slavitt, acting director for the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services, recently said that the Biden administration “is not viewing its role as the place to create a passport or a place to hold the data of citizens”—a peculiar civil liberties-focused justification for a government that happily conducts mass surveillance here and abroad.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1618...r-justin-amash
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies