Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 12:03 AM

33,758 posts, read 16,763,762 times

Advertisements

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 01:09 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,487,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It’s not clear to me if the gun was still in his hand based on the video. If it was then I say the shooting was justified, but if he had ditched it in the bushes and had both hands up empty then I’d say it probably was not.
It is clear the gun was not in his hands when he turned around... in a still photo.

The gun was visible to the cop in the kids hand, he hid the gun behind himself, dropped it behind the fence and immediately turned around with his hands up.

Gave the cop no choice but to shoot. He is pulling the trigger, not waiting to see what was in the kids hand. Waiting could have killed him.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:34 AM

14,037 posts, read 4,449,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
Lots of kids are out at night in the big city. It isn't that unusual especially in heavy minority areas.
where the heck did you grow up?

I was born and raised in Los Angeles (LA is a big city, right?) and it's very unusual for a 13 year old to be out at 2AM in the morning.

LAPD sees you wandering the street as a 13 year old and they will haul you home. There is actually a city ordinances called "nighttime curfew restrictions for minors" after 10PM in Los Angeles.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:38 AM

3,794 posts, read 4,014,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
The comments I read here and the ones I read on FB are so drastically different.
Just another reason not to be on FB.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:23 AM

14,037 posts, read 4,449,730 times
I don't understand why anti-cop crowd is using the age of this 13 year old boy for their narrative as if it's really matters.

I went to a high school in Los Angeles where they had metal detector for students. I don't have to explain to you why my high school had metal detector.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:24 AM

1,387 posts, read 983,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
where the heck did you grow up?

I was born and raised in Los Angeles (LA is a big city, right?) and it's very unusual for a 13 year old to be out at 2AM in the morning.

LAPD sees you wandering the street as a 13 year old and they will haul you home. There is actually a city ordinances called "nighttime curfew restrictions for minors" after 10PM in Los Angeles.
I just give up trying to bring logic into the conversation that’s filled with 100% emotions. One image that I constantly see it a photo line up with white and black people that committed crimes. Under the photons are the captions of either killed by police or taken into custody. It’s about 20 different photos. My issue is that people cherry pick these photos to push their agenda. I read that there are 20+ million arrests in the US yearly. Post the entire stat and see if police just shoot all the black guys and arrest the white guys. When you include all 20+ million, the whole argument is blown out the water.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:34 AM

1,387 posts, read 983,315 times
I like when they say all mass murders are by white men. That’s not really true. What’s the official definition of mass shooting. People pick what number pushes their agendas. The majority of “mass shootings” (4+) are by non whites. It’s just that because they don’t go to the range, they miss the majority of their targets. When I was in NOLA, it was an everyday even for a park to be shot up with multiple people shot.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:38 AM

8,696 posts, read 4,938,444 times
Quote:
Lots of kids are out at night in the big city. It isn't that unusual especially in heavy minority areas.
Then the parents deserve what they get. Nothing good happens at that time of night. How do these kids go to school, after being up all night? This is why they grow up as criminals, with no jobs, and we as tax payers have to support them and their off spring.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:45 AM

8,696 posts, read 4,938,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
That cop will never be convicted of anything. The incident happened in a blink of an eye in a dark alley way. Sorry to burst your bubble!!!
If anyone is to be charged.....it`s the parents....or should I say parent.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:14 AM

4,995 posts, read 3,898,880 times
Quote:

If your 13-year-old kid is telling you that so he can wander around at 2:30AM - don’t believe him.

And if he further tells you ‘lots’ of fellow 13-year-olds are carrying guns when they are wandering around at 2:30 - don’t believe that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies