Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 04:14 PM

7,103 posts, read 4,531,425 times

Advertisements

Nothing is certain and at 66 I made the decision to get the vaccine as did my adult kids and all my friends. Yes there could be unpleasant side effects in the future. I lost a friend to Covid. Businesses have a right to decide whether to let unvaccinated people in. People have a right to decide if they want to be vaccinated and will live with consequences either way. No one size fits all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 04:18 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,651,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I am with the op on this one.
Vaccines should not be mandatory anywhere.
When I was young, my parents got me vaccinated for all the things babies, and young children get, which was the normal thing to do.
Fast forward to five or six years ago, and my primary care physician(no loner my pcp) suggested I get a "new" vaccine for what was called pneumococcal pneumonia.
She stated being a senior citizen it was advisable to get the vaccine.
On her word, I received the vaccine.

A perfectly healthy person before the shot, and four days later I come down with pneumonia that lasted the better part of two weeks.
I have the scar on my lung to prove it.
I had no previous signs of any questionable health conditions, and the visit to the clinic was for my annual flu shot.
I told the pcp I believed there was an active bacteria in the shot she gave me, and she insisted there wasn't.
No way to prove it, because the vile containing the shot was trashed, along with many others.
That one incident has turned me away from ALL vaccines from that day forward, so I will not be getting any vaccine for covid.

If a store insist I show them a vaccine card, they can go pound sand, and I will never shop at that store again
If by some odd chance the government makes showing proof of a vaccine a law, there will be million(me included) filing suit against the government.
It would be a class action suit, demanding billions of dollars in return.
I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. Horrible.

I wonder where the ACLU stands on this issue (one: HIPAA violations, people demanding your medical history, and also the constitutional issues of being prohibited to freely go wherever you want - I understand private businesses can make their own rules, but I think they are prevented from discrimination at this point - looks like that is going to change). I hope there are class action suits.

I know Google is scrubbed (cuz I've been looking for stuff for a couple of months) - I have checked out Duck Duck Go yet to see if they are also scrubbed.

You CANNOT talk about being against vaccines on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Just think about that. I know they have a "right," but wow - can't even talk about it. Think what the motive would be to prevent people from simply talking about the pros or cons of something.

Old 04-02-2021, 04:19 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,651,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Nothing is certain and at 66 I made the decision to get the vaccine as did my adult kids and all my friends. Yes there could be unpleasant side effects in the future. I lost a friend to Covid. Businesses have a right to decide whether to let unvaccinated people in. People have a right to decide if they want to be vaccinated and will live with consequences either way. No one size fits all.
What would be the rationale of not letting unvaccinated people into stores, let's say? If the vaccines work, why would unvaccinated people be discriminated against that way? What is the reasoning?

Last edited by nobodysbusiness; 04-02-2021 at 05:16 PM..

Old 04-02-2021, 04:22 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
What would be the rationale of not letting unvaccinated people into stores, lets say? If the vaccines work, why would unvaccinated people be discriminated against that way? What is the reasoning?
I don't see vaccine status being requested for going into stores. Instead, stores will ask that you continue masking until enough people have received the vaccine for societal risk to be sufficiently reduced.

Old 04-02-2021, 04:23 PM

166 posts, read 91,307 times
If they require a vaccine card to be shown then they can mandate voter ID.

Old 04-02-2021, 04:26 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Vaccine passports are electronic and I won’t be at all surprised if we reach a point where stores require them for entry. It’s an insane road to go down.

Old 04-02-2021, 04:28 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I guess you have not read the articles on how getting the vaccine(s) impacts people at certain age demographics - there are reports on people over 60 and people over 80 being at risk or the vaccine not working at all . . . I don't know if Google still has that data up.
Nope, never saw anything about it. I will assume that you went to a fake website unless you can show me otherwise. Those websites are out there.

Old 04-02-2021, 04:30 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times
It has to do with freedom of choice. Some people get it. Some people don’t.

No explanation is necessary.

Old 04-02-2021, 04:32 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Nope, never saw anything about it. I will assume that you went to a fake website unless you can show me otherwise. Those websites are out there.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...say-scientists

Old 04-02-2021, 04:33 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Vaccine passports are electronic and I won’t be at all surprised if we reach a point where stores require them for entry. It’s an insane road to go down.
I've been fully vaccinated back in January and don't have a smart phone (I have an old school slider!), so there would have to be something else besides an electronic vaccine passport, just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies