Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 03:06 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
You post freely on a political forum for right wing extremism that routinely posts article from right wing extremists media sources.
There is very, very little Right wing Media as it is dominated and owned by the Radical, Far Left. I hardly look at ANY Media. So, my views are strictly my own. Which views of mine are extremist?

Lower taxes
Smaller, less intrusive government
Following the Constitution as written
Domestic fossil fuel production
Secure Borders

Which are Radical and extremist? Maybe examine your list which belongs in China or better yet the former Soviet Union.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2021, 03:10 PM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
I used to think it was possible to soften the crash that will result from our various crises- political, economic/financial, social, ecological.... but we are simply far too greedy and foolish to take effective action. Redemption may have been possible several decades ago, but now, the time for redemption is over. We will have to pay dearly for all we've done.
The historian, Barbara Tuchman, had an interesting perspective that she called Tuchman's Law which states, "The fact of being reported multiplies the apparent extent of any deplorable development by five- to tenfold." By her reckoning, if we believe all that we hear, the world has always been going to hell in a hand-basket, and yet, here we are. Her point was that the “persistence of the normal is usually greater than the effect of the disturbance.” We tend to find an equilibrium around what is normal. In some respects, her viewpoint may not have worked so well on the current pandemic. I recall the first hand-wringing projections of 60,000 anticipated deaths in the US from COVID. I thought that was silly and way too high...what do I know about pandemics? Apparently, not much. But, there should be a corollary to Tuchman's Law that accounts for human greed, stupidity, and inertia. That is what will turn a seemingly harmless or low risk event into a global disaster. Of course, there could be a doomsday asteroid hitting us next week proving that wealth inequality and global warming are really nothing to worry about as some simpletons tell us.

Old 04-03-2021, 03:13 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
We are irredeemably corrupt, decadent, dysfunctional, and degenerate. There cannot be any redemption for us, the year 2020 made that abundantly clear for me. I used to think it was possible to soften the crash that will result from our various crises- political, economic/financial, social, ecological.... but we are simply far too greedy and foolish to take effective action. Redemption may have been possible several decades ago, but now, the time for redemption is over. We will have to pay dearly for all we've done.
I agree, I would have left America by now if not for my wife....I will try to get her to move in the next couple of years.

Old 04-03-2021, 03:26 PM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There is very, very little Right wing Media as it is dominated and owned by the Radical, Far Left. I hardly look at ANY Media. So, my views are strictly my own. Which views of mine are extremist?
Actually there is a great deal of "right wing media" and most of it is discredited. What is missing is rational and reasoned conservative media and corresponding conservative thought and thinkers. All of that was thrown under the bus in 2016 and silenced or given foolish labels or designated as RINO. There was no intellectual platform or value consensus aligned with Trumpism other than the will and whim of Donald Trump. With that fading into the background, all that is left is fringe wingnutery and Q-Anon conspiracy theories. (One being that the far left radicals "own" all media sources).

Old 04-03-2021, 03:28 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Just like every generation has said about the generation that came before it. The world isn't ending, everything will be fine. Things just aren't the same as they were in 1960. Change with the times.

The good news is we got a want-to-be dictator out of the white house (who, factually speaking, was the single most corrupt president we've ever had), and put ourselves on a better path this year.
Better path? How? Trillions more in debt since Biden, and he wants to add more. Crisis at the border. China outpacing us and Biden and big tech completely complicit. Many liberal run cities with skyrocketing crime and homelessness. Their policies have failed.

Old 04-03-2021, 03:30 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
Change is always happening. But the key is to make changes for the better not worse. Change should always come with IMPROVEMENT

Old 04-03-2021, 03:32 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I agree, I would have left America by now if not for my wife....I will try to get her to move in the next couple of years.
I would seriously think about moving too if I could. But family close and hard to make a permanent move to the country I would go to. The US is just too populated and filled with rude people. I can’t hardly stand to drive anymore with all the crazies on the road. Cops just let the traffic go. The media in this country is more biased than government run Chinese media. The constant lies are nauseating. Big tech has way too much control. Other countries recognize this and have and are taking steps to combat. US is owned by big tech.

Old 04-03-2021, 03:34 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

And this is why we see the Left, who are largely immoral and irreligious, doing their best to tear it down when they're not ignoring it altogether.

Old 04-03-2021, 03:41 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:
Let's see, one president gassed his own citizens for a photo op, then lied about there being election fraud to try and stay in power after losing a legal democratic election. the next president quickly started undoing the damage that first person caused in his time in office.
There was election fraud. Biden* is an illegitimate leader. No way that stopping vote counting in multiple districts, dismissing observers, then in the dead of night finding thousands of votes for Biden* is anything other than fraud. The fact that the media doesn't even want people discussing this should raise red flags, but the party that approved months of riots thinks the end justifies the means.

Old 04-03-2021, 03:42 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:
Yep, only talk about worst case scenarios, keep people afraid enough they fall in line. That's the modern GOP way of doing things.
Like covid? Like "insurrection?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies