Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 06:59 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,092,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Fauci said we didn't need to wear masks early on because the virus hadn't really hit us yet. I don't know why right wingers can't understand that.
Prove this. You did not even read my article that I linked did you? Crap, you didn't even read what I posted, did you?

It was an interview with Fauci where in his own words, he admitted to lying about mask wearing because "We were told in our task force meetings that we have a serious problem with the lack of PPEs,"

Do try again.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:11 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And many of us just think that an epidemiologist has no business running a society
You're granting Dr. Fauci much more power than he has. You must really think highly of him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Save your speech for the gullible.
Well. Isn't that ironic ...

Quote:
It did have to do with facts about availability of PPE.
Exactly, and that was plainly stated from the beginning. What's the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Of course it was the facts, of course the facts changed changed, and then the recommendations had to change. As they have had to do numerous times over the course of the Pandemic.
Yes, updating recommendations and policy based on new information - what a concept!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
But he has no problem handing out advice that has lead to mass job loss, suicides, bankruptcies, delayed medical procedures, etc.
How tough is it to comprehend that if we'd gone on with our lives that even more people would have fallen sick and more would have died ... leading to mass job loss etc.?

Old 04-08-2021, 08:38 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Please provide links, as I did, to prove these facts you claim, because I never heard anything about it until late January 2020.
I retired as an Internist Dec. 2019. We docs and the medical communities all over the world had been monitoring the global situation very closely since about the first of the year. Most of what I posted were my own real time observations. Including discussions with local docs and committees, as well as participating with online medically related medical blogs and forums that extend globally.

Old 04-08-2021, 09:18 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Wow, just wow. How well you have been coached. Why don't you just go and plant a big fat kiss on Fauci, with all the love you profess?
Fauci lied to us. And admitted it. Probably more than once then. Prove me wrong.
And it was NOT President Trump who politicized public health. He closed travel during his impeachment trial, while the Democrats called him a racist for doing it with Pelosi parading around China Town for the cameras. That, sir, is politicizing.

Save your speech for the gullible.
Holy smokes! I think you actually believe the whitewashing attempts of Trumpism as well as the GOP propaganda regarding their role in science distortion mixed with a political agenda, that to this day, impedes the return to health and economic security in these United States of America. The MAGA crowd has made the distinguished and knowledgeable Dr. Fauci the villain in their hallucinogenic version of pandemic history.

Your discrediting and demeaning slurs against Dr. Fauci are false and are pure political partisan propaganda.

Quote:
Dr Fauci is the best of public service: supremely knowledgeable, personally compassionate, completely nonpolitical, tenacious in the pursuit of scientific advancement and resolute in applying such knowledge to human betterment. He has no other ambition or agenda than the health of the country and world.
Why tearing down Fauci is essential to the MAGA myth
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...b78_story.html

And yes, if it didn't go against our sensible and reasonable public health guidelines, I'd plant a big kiss on Dr. Fauci if I ever ran into him. And one on all the other faceless and nameless apolitical public servants who have worked tirelessly during this global pandemic to protect and help all of us...you know us, as in all of us which includes Republican and Democratic folks and all those of other persuasions, btw. You know aka humans.

Old 04-08-2021, 09:19 AM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times
A partisan hack? The guy that served under multiple Dem and Repub administrations and was highly regarded by all of them (except one)?

That Fauci?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-08-2021, 09:22 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,093 times
Half a million Americans have died from a bat-virus, and deplorables blame the guy telling them to wear a mask

Old 04-09-2021, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I retired as an Internist Dec. 2019. We docs and the medical communities all over the world had been monitoring the global situation very closely since about the first of the year. Most of what I posted were my own real time observations. Including discussions with local docs and committees, as well as participating with online medically related medical blogs and forums that extend globally.
So, there are no papers published, no reports to be made public, no public research that can be referred to; just you and your colleges discussing this. All over the world. And nothing in writing. At all. Gotcha.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Half a million Americans have died from a bat-virus, and deplorables blame the guy telling them to wear a mask
Yes, half a million. Sad indeed. But what about the hundreds of millions who haven't? Hundreds. Of. Millions. Like 99.76% of the country.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:55 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
A partisan hack? The guy that served under multiple Dem and Repub administrations and was highly regarded by all of them (except one)?

That Fauci?
Yea. The guy who none of them would have even known about until Trump gaslighted them into hating, all in order to provide a scapegoat to distract from his own **** poor management of the crisis allowing them to successfully repress the subconscious guilt of helping to place such an incompetent clown in the white house. That's the one.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:02 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

That Fauci?
Yep, that Fauci.

The Fauci that implied the world would end if 11 people got together to celebrate Christmas; but, suddenly, has no concerns or opinion on cramming detention facilities at the border to 1700% of capacity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies