Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 10:16 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times

Advertisements

Biden wants to spend 2 trillion, I want even more.

Look at China, they have rail systems, bridges, sewages, airports, etc.

Instead we having rusting steel, crumbling roads, traffic jams, and sick/unhealthy people.

Instead of cities we have roadsides and parking lots.

Why not rebuild this country? But no, republicans say it is too expensive, that we should not invest in anything and allow multinational corporations to rob us blind and send all the jobs and capital to east asia.

Why are republicans always for the destruction of this country? War, tax breaks for multinational corporations, free trade, crumbling infrastructure, suburban sprawl, soy farming, everything bad comes from republicans.

Even amnesty was a republican idea (Reagan).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 10:18 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Because Republicans understand wasteful spending is what Democrats are known for.

Take that money and secure the southern border during a pandemic is a bigger priority.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Because Republicans understand wasteful spending is what Democrats are known for.

Take that money and secure the southern border is a bigger priority.
Here's the thing -- there may definitely be specific projects in that bill that you see as not necessary but no discussion of specific projects.

As for securing the border -- so we can watch other children being dropped over the wall

Old 04-05-2021, 10:24 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,363,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Biden wants to spend 2 trillion, I want even more.

Look at China, they have rail systems, bridges, sewages, airports, etc.

Instead we having rusting steel, crumbling roads, traffic jams, and sick/unhealthy people.

Instead of cities we have roadsides and parking lots.

Why not rebuild this country? But no, republicans say it is too expensive, that we should not invest in anything and allow multinational corporations to rob us blind and send all the jobs and capital to east asia.

Why are republicans always for the destruction of this country? War, tax breaks for multinational corporations, free trade, crumbling infrastructure, suburban sprawl, soy farming, everything bad comes from republicans.

Even amnesty was a republican idea (Reagan).
Lol you really think the $2 trillion is going towards infrastructure?

I've got a bridge I'll sell you cheap.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:26 AM

10,074 posts, read 7,754,937 times
From my understanding only about 5% or even less of the bill is for actual infrastructure. Dems like to add their agenda into these bills...by now you know how they are.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:26 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
I maybe wrong. Yet the legislative portion of republicans do not necessarily represent the citizen who identify as republican .
So basically 10 million citizen republicans may not support this over abundant use of funds to dump into our infrastructure.

I'm not self identified or recorded under a main political party. The infrastructure plan is great in theory if we had the actual resource to do it. We do not. Now is not the time to toss out more money. It's actually time to tighten our budget belt . Re balance and maybe when our stablization occurs we can revisit this investment. Otherwise we are bleeding out and not easing the pressures of debt compounding.

Again I'm not a republican , I'm a tax payer, community service individual . Yet willing to give an outsiders opinion.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:27 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,872,387 times
Oh they are all for it and more spending when they are in office. But once a Democrat is president you can watch them do a 180 like they don’t think people will notice. Just goes to show that hypocrisy is a prerequisite to join the Republican Party these days.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:27 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

Take that money and secure the southern border during a pandemic is a bigger priority.

Imagine if a restaurant turns down remodeling the place and upgrading the equipment to attract more customers, increase price, and reduce the wait time for customers; but instead use the money to build a fence so the customers from next door's retail shop cannot park on their side of the parking lot.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Problem is purposeful misinformation.

Many of you 'understand' stuff about the bill and don't fact check it.....and therefore come to conclusions.

Lots of articles on line arguing both sides and many debunking the 5% on infrastructure claims being made.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:29 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,553,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
From my understanding only about 5% or even less of the bill is for actual infrastructure. Dems like to add their agenda into these bills...by now you know how they are.
As if this is a Democrat only problem. Happens across the board and stifles any kind of speed at which bills go through congress.

I'm sure, like term limits, a bill which aims to stop all those extras stuffed into other bills would be popular with the public, but would never come to pass thanks to all the lobbying and corporate interests involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies