Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 02:53 PM

3,024 posts, read 2,240,321 times

Advertisements

Did you read the CDC guidance?

It said that disinfecting surfaces is not necessary. Still wash hands, still wear masks, still clean surfaces if there has been a known COVID exposure. The message on disinfecting mail, groceries, etc. has been "not worth the effort" almost since the beginning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 10:36 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I told someone recently I had extra clorox wipes that would take me a long time to get through and wasn't using hand sanitizer any more than I used to use it before covid. I realized early on my house didn't need to be continually disinfected if there were only two of us in it and we weren't going out that much, and I never did buy into the idea that covid could get me from my mail or amazon packages.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:43 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Somewhere right now, a 5 foot tall man named Anthony Fauci is throwing a temper tantrum over this, and is prepping to go live on TV to speak against it.
Hopefully he will reach the point one day where he will be wearing so many masks that we can't hear a word he says.

Old 04-07-2021, 10:04 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkaplan2323 View Post
Scientists study and learn. This is a good thing. Right?
So the scientific study and learning of viruses over 120+ years and just now they decided its "no longer" necessary to sanitize everything you touch.

Old 04-07-2021, 10:05 AM

929 posts, read 304,244 times
Quote:
Scientists study and learn. This is a good thing. Right?
Yep. But they should keep their mouth closed until they are sure.

Best Science Instructor I ever had.

First day. he held a hammer up on the side of his body. He said “ As a scientist , knowing what you know about gravity, what happens if I drop the hammer”

Answer from everyone “ it will fall to the ground”

He dropped the hammer and caught it with his other hand before it hit the ground.

He then said “ That was your first lesson as a Scientist . Never assume anything until you consider all the variables, and most important, insist on being showed the evidence”

Old 04-07-2021, 10:58 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
You missed my point, but ok.

What was stated last year was based on erroring on the side of caution.
Then do tell, what was your point if not excusing the flip flopping as learning new information about viruses.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:06 AM

938 posts, read 424,288 times
Just another flip flop. Sigh.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:

What was stated last year was based on erroring on the side of caution.
I say baloney.

The only attribute that COVID has in regards to the transmission of the virus is an unique ability to enter the immune systems of certain individuals like the elderly and those with inflammation of some sort.

Otherwise , known existing health protocols would have even better suited to handle the pandemic. Securing safety for those most at risk. They knew right away children and the healthy would shrug it off for the most part. But instead , they rolled with sensationalism of bodies being stacked in Italy and elsewhere . Widespread panic buying based on ridiculous lies and information.

And it still goes on The AARP ( American Association of Propaganda ( for ) Retirees ,.) Had a big fluff article on Lysol products and their effectiveness.

The truth was never stated. Ordinary soap and water , it doesn’t even have to be warm or hot, will break the cell wall of the virus immediately . We are now overusing these products similar to the over prescribing of antibiotics which may be partly responsible for te reduced Immune systems in American over the past 50 years.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:37 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So the scientific study and learning of viruses over 120+ years and just now they decided its "no longer" necessary to sanitize everything you touch.
SARS-CoV-2 hasn't been around for 120+ years.

We are finding that SARS-CoV-2 doesn't transmit via surface contact as easily as, say, influenza strains. Hence the new CDC guidance.

The bad thing is that it apparently transmits through the air MUCH more effectively than influenza strains do.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
SARS-CoV-2 hasn't been around for 120+ years.

We are finding that SARS-CoV-2 doesn't transmit via surface contact as easily as, say, influenza strains. Hence the new CDC guidance.

The bad thing is that it apparently transmits through the air MUCH more effectively than influenza strains do.
“ apparently”
Question.
What is the evidence that COVID transmits “ more effectively” ?
What are the attributes and/or mechanisms that allow it compared to other pathogens like influenza?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies