Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 03:36 PM

929 posts, read 304,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Who knew ... Apparently not the seemingly thousands of people who surely must have failed fifth grade biology class.

Some viruses are more readily transmitted via surfaces. This is not a surprise. We didn't know what we didn't know about Covid-19. Now we know. Act accordingly.

And next week, we'll know even more. That's how science and medical research work.

Did you miss all that constant encouragement over the past year to wash your hands?

You're capable of reading. If the poster had summarized, you'd likely accuse him/her of bias. You want it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, read the links.
There was no evidence, no scientific proof that the COVID 19 virus could be spread from surfaces.
I suppose the excuse is that it was ASSUMED to be so based on experience with other similar viruses.

A hypothesis needs to have credible information to be trustworthy. Assumption is not trustworthy enough.

The hand washing was out there, but the panic instilled , needlessly and endlessly was for disinfectants, sprays bleach, special equipment , steam, all kinds of contraptions , they were needed.

“ the horse’s mouth “ ? Are you serious? Links are intellectually weak. They are a reflex action for those that see something, say, yep, there’s the proof , and send it off. Real knowledge is obtained by studying various sources, comparing, weighing, using logic, and common sense.

We are bombarded with information on a daily basis. You belief in specific information becomes personal knowledge. Links are not enough proper information to tip the scale towards believability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2021, 02:10 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,317 times
Now it's going further and headlines are saying the risks from surfaces is near zero. We sure are learning a lot by the day...

Chance of contracting COVID-19 from surfaces nearly zero: CDC

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp

Old 04-09-2021, 02:21 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Just reaffirms my "constant" griping about how medical experts don't know what the heck they are doing.

And, btw, it is very difficult to "follow the science" when the science keeps (supposedly) changing.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:31 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Shrug. wash your hands after you pee. Why is this controversial?

The rest of the cleaning? Mostly not done to any large degree. Were all dirty filthy animals.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:42 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Just reaffirms my "constant" griping about how medical experts don't know what the heck they are doing.

And, btw, it is very difficult to "follow the science" when the science keeps (supposedly) changing.
+1 The medical "experts" need to be honest that they are still learning. A lot by trial and error. (Since my immune system works great and doesn't need an artificial "boost" by an experimental vaccine- hard pass on that for me at this time)

Not science really, but hysteria drove some of the over the top precautions. Like the people washing and disinfecting their groceries. They even spray my work building down weekly with some kind of chemical. We have non existent ventilation and it smells almost like Raid bug spray for a couple of days. Yikes. I hope THAT doesn't end up hurting me.

Old 04-09-2021, 04:42 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,362,001 times
This was posted 10 months ago, but then, supposedly, two weeks after this was posted, the CDC changed its mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPP-b3abPfc

But, yeah, many people think that we who have become skeptical are the idiots!!

Old 04-09-2021, 06:34 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
But, yeah, many people think that we who have become skeptical are the idiots!!
I think you may be on to something.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:42 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
I think there are valid concerns about living in too sterile an environment. People, especially kids, need to be exposed to some amount of bacteria, microbes, virus, etc to form a healthy immune system. I'm certainly no expert but it does seem like there could be negative long-term effects from living an ultra sanitized lifestyle (mask all the time, hand sanitizer 10x a day, all surfaces sprayed with Lysol constantly). I'm definitely for doing those things to fight the spread of Covid-19. But are we going to continue this forever?
I read that early on in the plandemic that washing hands and using hand sanitizer too much was bad for the immune system. The IS needs to be exposed to microbes on a regular basis to remain strong and it wasn't the CDC I learned it from.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Bacteria have been becoming more resistant to alcohol based sanitizers for years now - it's well documented.

And then there's the "hygiene hypothesis" which directly relates to your post and is a very interesting read for anyone wanting to google.
So the bacteria are getting drunk instead of being killed?

Old 04-09-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Bacteria have been becoming more resistant to alcohol-based sanitizers for years now - it's well documented.

And then there's the "hygiene hypothesis" which directly relates to your post and is a very interesting read for anyone wanting to google.
Well there are other chemicals we can use but probably more expensive such as Benzalkonium chloride or use both kinda like a double whammy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies