Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2021, 08:24 PM

929 posts, read 305,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
1. Masks work, but they're not a guarantee. Just like sex protection.
2. MANY people have been ignoring all the restrictions and have not been social distancing or using masks. As long as this happens, the virus can still spread.
3. The common flu is much less contagious than Covid and more seasonal. The restrictions have therefore been more much more effective with the flu than Covid.
1. Wondering why condoms weren’t mandated during the AIDS crisis .

2. In America cases are up , deaths way down.
I live in CT. I have seen nothing but 100 % compliance. We are still at 4 % positive testing rate. That rate increased from lows of 1 % months ago.

3. Speculation. Restrictions are not secured or guaranteed enough as a contributor. You claim that on the line above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 08:51 PM

3,407 posts, read 3,455,000 times
Simple answer:

We were a society that expected you to work sick and send kids to school sick. You were expected to tough it out. This caused others to get infected and over and over again.

We are now a society that expects you to stay home with the slightest sniffle. This keeps others from getting infected with flu, covid, and even the common cold.

This is the only good thing to come from this lockdown.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:27 PM

41,991 posts, read 75,287,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
1. Wondering why condoms weren’t mandated during the AIDS crisis .
Do you seriously not know the difference between activities that are optional (having sex) and those that are not (breathing)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
We are now a society that expects you to stay home with the slightest sniffle. This keeps others from getting infected with flu, covid, and even the common cold.

This is the only good thing to come from this lockdown.
Agreed, but working remotely is a good thing, too.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:32 PM

929 posts, read 305,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Do you seriously not know the difference between activities that are optional (having sex) and those that are not (breathing)?
No comment.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:35 PM

8,302 posts, read 3,822,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
We need one to survive physically and one to survive mentally.

Old 04-07-2021, 10:21 PM

13,313 posts, read 7,359,184 times
Remote working is what kept me from getting any kind of virus in in over a year. Usually I would get 2-4 raspatory illness because I was forced to sit in a room with people who refuse to stay home when they are sick. The ones who I know are always getting sick and passing it around I just avoid them when I do have to go in the office. I'm not surprised that the Flu cases have gone to nothing. Mask's are one thing but it's being in a closed room 8 hours a day with people who are sick.

Old 04-07-2021, 10:47 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,100,021 times
This "Covid" virus IS the flu, just with a different, scarier name.

I am now convinced of this. We chopped off our arm destroying countless small businesses by going along with this "Covid' charade. It was all a big scam - "Covid" was really just a different version of the flu.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:05 PM

13,313 posts, read 7,359,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
This "Covid" virus IS the flu, just with a different, scarier name.

I am now convinced of this. We chopped off our arm destroying countless small businesses by going along with this "Covid' charade. It was all a big scam - "Covid" was really just a different version of the flu.
I don't know anyone who died from the flu, but I personally know 3 people who died from Covid. Two were under 50, and healthy not obese. One was over 50 he had some stents from heart trouble in the past but that had nothing to do with the covid. My own belief is this Covid was being enhanced in a lab and got out accidently spread around in China but they will never admit to it. I don't buy the conspiracy that covid deaths is a big scam Covid is way more deadly then any flu is.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:08 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,671,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
But yet the wuhan flu spread like wildfire....
No wonder. Wuhan flu is a lot easier to catch than the real flu.

Old 04-08-2021, 12:00 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,130,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
First Covid fatality in the US occurred 1/19/2020.

14+ months and 555,000 fatalities later and the misinformation persists.

Boggles the mind.
Wrong

Inflated on purpose lying numbers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies