Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2021, 11:05 AM

3,631 posts, read 1,593,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
If you got the flu it was counted as the coronavirus.
and they stopped testing for the flu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 11:13 AM

43,026 posts, read 18,195,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Believer in the story “Because masks work”

Non believer “then why were there so many Covid cases?”

Believer (blank stare, scratches head.....head explodes)
people practiced better hygiene while outdoors and took better care of themselves (exercise, vitamins, diet) and avoided being near sick people.

That did a world more good than getting a flu shot and thinking you have some magic bubble around you.

I haven't gotten the flu shot in over 20 years and haven't gotten the flu in over 20 years.
I just take a bit of extra precaution during flu season and make sure I stay healthy and fit.

Old 04-08-2021, 11:24 AM

18,450 posts, read 7,077,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
Can we just post this 10x times?!? COVID was at least 10x as contagious as the Flu. That is the reason.

COVID was at least 10x as contagious as the Flu. That is the reason.

cd :O)

And you know this for a fact.....how, exactly?

Because Fauci said so?

Old 04-08-2021, 11:28 AM

18,450 posts, read 7,077,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, Suzy is not misinformed.

I have supplied the CDC data collected trough the influenza surveillance system which has reported the results of over a million tests for influenza. That you were not tested does not mean no one has been.

Please provide a scientific source that shows "Lots of people had the flu".

Again,

Nobody gets tested for the flu.

There's no point in it.

You get sick, you figure you have the flu, you get better.

There's no reason to test for it.

Old 04-08-2021, 11:28 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,931,000 times
Quote:
No, Suzy is not misinformed.

I have supplied the CDC data collected trough the influenza surveillance system which has reported the results of over a million tests for influenza. That you were not tested does not mean no one has been.

Please provide a scientific source that shows "Lots of people had the flu".
Please provide a scientific source that shows data re rapid flu tests used as well as lab testing for flu to prove that the same amount of flu tests were given this season as compared with 2019-2020 flu season.

Old 04-08-2021, 11:45 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,764,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Believer in the story “Because masks work”

Non believer “then why were there so many Covid cases?”

Believer (blank stare, scratches head.....head explodes)
Masks and social distancing were effective against the flu virus. Seems logical to conclude that they're similarly effective against the Rona.

Not sure why people can't make that leap. My guess is that they don't want to for political reasons, personal/intellectual laziness, etc.

Old 04-08-2021, 12:31 PM

37,086 posts, read 41,208,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Please provide a scientific source that shows data re rapid flu tests used as well as lab testing for flu to prove that the same amount of flu tests were given this season as compared with 2019-2020 flu season.
That is a ridiculous request, since not as many people are getting infected with influenza. There is no reason to expect the same "amount" of tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Again,

Nobody gets tested for the flu.

There's no point in it.

You get sick, you figure you have the flu, you get better.

There's no reason to test for it.
The CDC has results of about 1.3 million influenza tests. They did not make them up. Those 1.3 million tests are not "nobody".

Old 04-08-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
That is a ridiculous request, since not as many people are getting infected with influenza. There is no reason to expect the same "amount" of tests.

The CDC has results of about 1.3 million influenza tests. They did not make them up. Those 1.3 million tests are not "nobody".
It's a perfectly acceptable way to see a comparison from this year to last year to see hw doctors are "interpreting" symptoms.

Calling the request ridiculous is unscientific. Almost seems like you don't want to answer it ... BUT WAIT ... THERE'S MORE ....

You have claimed that doctors are STILL doing flu testing. Yet have no proof of that, and even making a joke that of COURSE they aren't doing testing. So which is it? Testing? Or no testing? Can I get some syrup with that waffle?

Keep posting misinformation and opinion as "fact" -- because you're SO good at fooling all of us ... [sarcasm/eyeroll/insert idiotic emojis that you love so much].

Old 04-08-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
Really?
Then explain the exact mechanism of the COVID 19 virus regarding its remarkable attributes for airborne transmission , contact transmission and other potential methods of delivery to the host that are superior to other virus particles.

And don’t throw up some link that you googled . Explain it as if you are knowledgeable enough to handle a rebuttal.

Show evidence of it by an example using the scientific method.
Does google-copy-paste 15x count?

Old 04-08-2021, 12:53 PM

929 posts, read 303,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Does google-copy-paste 15x count?
LOL
It is so annoying. The constant use of links that get sent out in response, most of the time not even read through to understand .
One of the links used for proof said “ appears” .

No one is perfect. If I am wrong, I will always yield to the absolute proof, and I always acknowledge it.

However perhaps like many others, with movement and interaction reduced the past year, and since I am retired, I have plenty of time to examine multiple sources and assemble information. If I post, I am pretty confident .

Google is not the end all. IMO it can be suspect because the information you receive is not your choice. Not like the old fashion way when one had to go to a Library and look through stacks of books. That way, you chose the source. Today, Google chooses the source, and places them in a certain order.

It is somewhat frightening in a way. Only the information that Google wants you to see shows up on your screen .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies