Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 04:48 PM

1,012 posts, read 785,071 times

Advertisements

People who came to the hospital with Flu Like Symptoms were treated as Covid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 04:59 PM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
People who came to the hospital with Flu Like Symptoms were treated as Covid.
Nope. DH has a client who is a physician. I asked; he has been testing for both flu and COVID-19. It is standard operating procedure.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:11 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Nope. DH has a client who is a physician. I asked; he has been testing for both flu and COVID-19. It is standard operating procedure.
Great anecdote.

Old 04-13-2021, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Great anecdote.
You missed the part about it being standard procedure, I see. Physicians are not as stupid as you wish to portray them.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelin...ons/influenza/

"Diagnosis of Influenza and COVID-19 When Influenza Viruses and SARS-CoV-2 Are Cocirculating
  • Only testing can distinguish between severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and influenza virus infections and identify SARS-CoV-2 and influenza virus coinfection.
  • When SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses are cocirculating, the Panel recommends testing for both viruses in all hospitalized patients with acute respiratory illness (AIII).
  • When SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses are cocirculating, the Panel recommends influenza testing in outpatients with acute respiratory illness if the results will change clinical management of the patient (BIII).
  • Testing for other pathogens should be considered depending on clinical circumstances, especially in patients with influenza in whom bacterial superinfection is a well-recognized complication.
  • See the CDC Information for Clinicians on Influenza Virus Testing and the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) Clinical Practice Guidelines for more information.

Antiviral Treatment of Influenza When Influenza Viruses and SARS-CoV-2 Are Cocirculating
The treatment of influenza is the same in all patients regardless of SARS-CoV-2 coinfection (AIII).
The Panel recommends that hospitalized patients be started on empiric treatment for influenza with oseltamivir as soon as possible without waiting for influenza testing results (AIIb).
Antiviral treatment of influenza can be stopped when influenza has been ruled out by nucleic acid detection assay in upper respiratory tract specimens for nonintubated patients and in both upper and lower respiratory tract specimens for intubated patients."

Old 04-13-2021, 05:40 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Seasonal allergies now are making Covid cases explode.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:14 AM

Quote:
You missed the part about it being standard procedure, I see. Physicians are not as stupid as you wish to portray them.

Others in healthcare have said otherwise in regards to flu testing. I never said or implied anything at all about physicians being stupid. You’re getting really desperate.

Old 04-13-2021, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Others in healthcare have said otherwise in regards to flu testing. I never said or implied anything at all about physicians being stupid. You’re getting really desperate.
You must think they are stupid if you believe they do not understand that, "Only testing can distinguish between severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and influenza virus infections and identify SARS-CoV-2 and influenza virus coinfection."

Who are The "others in healthcare" who are not testing for flu in order to distinguish between flu and SARS-CoV-2? The CDC guidelines I gave you say to test for both. The doctor I talked with is a pediatrician in private practice.

Old 04-13-2021, 03:52 PM

Quote:
You must think they are stupid if you believe they do not understand that, "Only testing can distinguish between severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and influenza virus infections and identify SARS-CoV-2 and influenza virus coinfection."

Who are The "others in healthcare" who are not testing for flu in order to distinguish between flu and SARS-CoV-2? The CDC guidelines I gave you say to test for both. The doctor I talked with is a pediatrician in private practice.
I don’t even know what you’re talking about at this point.

Old 04-13-2021, 04:18 PM

Quote:
I don’t even know what you’re talking about at this point.
In other words, the ""others in healthcare" who are not testing for flu" do not exist. Got it.

Old 04-13-2021, 04:21 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is NOT hard to understand. Flu cases diminished because people were masked and socially distanced.

Really, not hard to grasp.
nope. if that was the case then no one has COVID because the same people getting the Chi-Com Virus didnt get the flu following the same protocols.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies