Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 06:36 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,876,931 times

Advertisements

Right - probably your inability to MYOB says more about your "manhood" than wearing a mask right now.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:36 AM

995 posts, read 509,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogg View Post
Certainly by now, any man with his thinking cap on sideways has figured out that this whole covid hysteria is little more than a hoax. I'm in Texas where the public restrictions have been lifted for several weeks now, but I still see healthy grown men wearing masks at Walmart, Home Depot, etc. I see a number of women in these same places who are smart enough/brave enough to go mask-less. Do you think less of men who continue to wear masks?
Let's not get into gender specifics, as it has no bearing on the real issue. The forced wearing of masks.

The thing that's giving me the fits now is that they're doubling down on mask-wearing when the vaccines are clearly putting the kibosh to this pandemic. Why the need to wear a mask when you've been vaccinated? Seriously. You can't catch it nor spread it if you've had your shot, so what's the point of forcing the mask in public spaces?

This has been my hill I've been dying on since June of last year - and I will continue to fight this battle to the bitter end. To those who say the mask is a small ask, that is NOT true of me. I have anxiety and am prone to panic attacks when wearing one - I need to have my face unobstructed to be able to breathe. Sorry it bothers people, but that's how it is.

Wear two masks or a proper N-95 if you want to protect yourself from free-facers like me. Or just avoid other people altogether. Is that too much to ask?

Old 04-06-2021, 06:44 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogg View Post
Certainly by now, any man with his thinking cap on sideways has figured out that this whole covid hysteria is little more than a hoax.
That "covid hysteria is little more than a hoax" almost killed my grandbaby & has left him with many problems.
Wearing a mask even after being vaccinated shows respect for others. Those who choose not to can put themselves & everyone else at risk. Who wants to be the kind of person that is seen as selfish & uncaring about anyone but themselves?

Old 04-06-2021, 06:51 AM

995 posts, read 509,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
That "covid hysteria is little more than a hoax" almost killed my grandbaby & has left him with many problems.
Wearing a mask even after being vaccinated shows respect for others. Those who choose not to can put themselves & everyone else at risk. Who wants to be the kind of person that is seen as selfish & uncaring about anyone but themselves?
How in the world is this putting people at risk? Does the vaccine not prevent people from catching and spreading the coronavirus? If we all have to keep wearing our masks due to others from not getting their shots, is it fair we have to hold ourselves hostage to all the anti-vaxxers out there?

I choose to get the shot. I also choose to not wear a mask.

Y'all should be happy I'm a pro-vaxxer, since I'm not putting ~anyone~ at risk whenever I go out sans masks. To say otherwise is to negate the truth about the vaccines.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:56 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I am wearing my mask where it is required by law.

Since I do not have and have not had the virus, and I'm halfway through the Pfizer vaccine - I am not spreading any virus and haven't for 13 months now.

I do know I wore my mask for ~8 straight hours today (except brief water/snack breaks). I think we're told virus (cell?) are smaller than almost anything, certainly smaller than a molecule of beef jerky or fried chicken smell, which I did detect.
So a virus cell as you put it, cant up and l leave your body on its own. Typically its in you saliva, so go ahead and spit with your mask on let me know how that works out for you.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:57 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
What do you think of men who continue to wear face masks?
I think, given the increasingly bizarre, hostile attitudes some Americans seem to be taking toward the epidemic and mask wearing, I'm glad I'm in Japan right now.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:58 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
...I think we're told virus (cell?) are smaller than almost anything, certainly smaller than a molecule of beef jerky or fried chicken smell, which I did detect.
Bo, after all this time do you really still not understand the strategy behind masking?

Old 04-06-2021, 06:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
So glad we have another thread on mask wearing because 10 months of going over and over this issue is never enough for anybody.

I don't think about bad or good about men or women who choose to follow CDC guidelines or the requests of private business. I have close friends who are part of the 'no mask for me I'm a big boy' club and I love them dearly. And I have close friends who wear a mask, don't fuss....won't lecture you.......blah blah.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:59 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
How in the world is this putting people at risk? Does the vaccine not prevent people from catching and spreading the coronavirus? If we all have to keep wearing our masks due to others from not getting their shots, is it fair we have to hold ourselves hostage to all the anti-vaxxers out there?

I choose to get the shot. I also choose to not wear a mask.

Y'all should be happy I'm a pro-vaxxer, since I'm not putting ~anyone~ at risk whenever I go out sans masks. To say otherwise is to negate the truth about the vaccines.
The best vaccine, Pfizer gives you 95% protection. Which means there is a 5% chance you can still get and spread the virus. The nice thing for you is if you get the virus, you will have light or even asymptotic symptoms (but you aren't really immune).

But right now, not everyone can get the vaccine. I have family members who want it, are eligible, and are still waiting. Until everyone who wants the vaccine has had a chance to get the vaccine, we still wear masks. Hopefully, at the rate vaccinations are going, that will be soon.

But when we've reached that point where anyone who wants the vaccine has gotten it or can get it, I think the masks should come off. If people don't get the vaccine at that point, that's their choice.

Old 04-06-2021, 07:01 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,697 times
I never wore a mask except where required at work, and then ONLY where required. I have shopped and gone to see my favorite local live act mask less this entire time. I also never considered it as pro or negative masculine. I just refuse baseless restrictions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies