Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 10:06 PM

91 posts, read 57,556 times

Advertisements

Certainly by now, any man with his thinking cap on sideways has figured out that this whole covid hysteria is little more than a hoax. I'm in Texas where the public restrictions have been lifted for several weeks now, but I still see healthy grown men wearing masks at Walmart, Home Depot, etc. I see a number of women in these same places who are smart enough/brave enough to go mask-less. Do you think less of men who continue to wear masks?

Old 04-05-2021, 10:09 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
I wear a mask. I'm happy, no big deal!

Oh, BTW, I am fully vaccinated!

Last edited by mike1003; 04-05-2021 at 10:25 PM..

Old 04-05-2021, 10:10 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
In my state it's not an option if you go inside a store or business so I don't think anything of it

Old 04-05-2021, 10:13 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,220,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogg View Post
Certainly by now, any man with his thinking cap on sideways has figured out that this whole covid hysteria is little more than a hoax. I'm in Texas where the public restrictions have been lifted for several weeks now, but I still see healthy grown men wearing masks at Walmart, Home Depot, etc. I see a number of women in these same places who are smart enough/brave enough to go mask-less. Do you think less of men who continue to wear masks?
Men (and women) who wear masks are intelligent and understand how infectious diseases spread and the need to stop a virus that is killing people.

The virus does not care how "brave" you are.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:17 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Some businesses still require it.

It's not the end of the world. People can freely choose to wear masks just like people can choose to not wear masks.

I am not vaccined, and it's still out there. So in some settings I still wear it.

I would rather wear a mask and have people fully working...as a functioning economy is more important to me.

I say worry about yourself, be glad you are in Texas.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:23 PM

303 posts, read 128,023 times
Quote:
The main point of wearing masks is not to protect yourself. It is to prevent yourself from spreading the disease if you have it but are unaware (ie you are asymptomatic or presymtomatic). Therefore not wearing a mask has nothing to do with being brave. It is about being considerate of the people around you to whom you are potentially spreading the illness. Also your last couple of sentences had me rolling my eyes. The old 'if there are even some women who can do this, then men who don't do it are pathetic and deserving of contempt'.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:24 PM

5,644 posts, read 6,206,522 times
In my state masks asre still mandatory in shared spaces. However, if they weren't I don't know why I would think less of someone who continues to wear one, I'm also not sure why the question is gender-specific rather than asking about people generally who continue to wear masks. Finaly, I understand that those who oppose wearing masks claim their opposition is based on objections to restrictions on their individual rights, so I don't know why such folks would oppose the decision by individuals to continue to wear them when not mandated.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:31 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Men (and women) who wear masks are intelligent and understand how infectious diseases spread and the need to stop a virus that is killing people.

The virus does not care how "brave" you are.
I am wearing my mask where it is required by law.

Since I do not have and have not had the virus, and I'm halfway through the Pfizer vaccine - I am not spreading any virus and haven't for 13 months now.

I do know I wore my mask for ~8 straight hours today (except brief water/snack breaks). I think we're told virus (cell?) are smaller than almost anything, certainly smaller than a molecule of beef jerky or fried chicken smell, which I did detect.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:37 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_of_Hull View Post
The main point of wearing masks is not to protect yourself. It is to prevent yourself from spreading the disease if you have it but are unaware (ie you are asymptomatic or presymtomatic). Therefore not wearing a mask has nothing to do with being brave. It is about being considerate of the people around you to whom you are potentially spreading the illness. Also your last couple of sentences had me rolling my eyes. The old 'if there are even some women who can do this, then men who don't do it are pathetic and deserving of contempt'.

how many "asymptomatic out in public from a stranger, under 65 and not multiple co-morbidity" cases are there - or what % of the cases are they?

Anyone?

Old 04-05-2021, 10:42 PM

9,501 posts, read 4,330,439 times
Quote:

I think less of anyone who doesn't wear a mask. It's a very, very small ask. Anyone who thinks wearing a mask is an issue worth making a big deal about must lead a charmed life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies