Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 08:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yes, you are.

You are missing that in some states, people who have voted for their entire adult lives now cannot vote because they don’t have ID that matches current requirements.

These states are effectively taking away the right of many to vote.
Voting is a privilege of citizens.... Not a right of people.
Voting can be taken away from a citizen... Rights cannot be taken by government, only privileges can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2021, 08:08 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
MLB sure didn't do much research, what fools.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:10 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
Meanwhile, no ID needed to vote for your favorite All-Star. Did that one year, by mail, years ago. Can you still vote by mail?

Old 04-06-2021, 08:13 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post
No line standing zombies here. We have better things to do with lives than stand in line for 6 hours to vote. Election judges match signature on ballot with signature on file. You can get fake ids, but try to forge a random person's signature.
So in standing up for minorities, the MLB relocates the All-Star Game from a city that is 51% Black to a city that is 76% White.

The irony of wokeism.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:19 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
This is a protest against the Georgia election law which the left deems racist, and some within the left may approve as Georgia is (still) a red state while Colorado has gone blue.

However, Georgia has many more nonwhites than Colorado. Atlanta's population is 51% black, while Denver is more than 75% white with not even 10% of its residents black.

The game's departure from Atlanta and Georgia will cost the Peach State a lot of money, with estimates of about $100m gone. That's money that black employees working at the All-Star Game could have but not will not make. Now, that money is going to a jurisdiction whose demographics are overwhelmingly white.

Sure, one can argue that the employees at All-Star Games - concession stands, ticket booths, parking lot attendants, and such - tend to be minorities. Point taken. But the overall economic impact would not be restricted to wages gained by people doing such jobs on game day. Atlanta and Georgia lose - and so do many of the millions of black Americans, most of whom are law-abiding, decent, and good people.

I thought the left and the Democratic Party cared about people of color. I'm upset I was wrong, because now those black Atlantans will be worse off thanks to the leftist ideology that MLB has acquiesced to.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:48 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You can't monitor mail in voting. This will be the death of our country. Bet you wait in line at the Dispensary.

Sometimes I hate my state.
Mail in voting has been in effect since the 1800s. It's not a new phenomenon. It was only made an issue in 2020.

Old 04-06-2021, 09:14 AM

9,880 posts, read 4,646,105 times
The pot state or one of the first. Yep I see mustering up enough energy to drive or walk to a polling location once or twice a year could be an issue. Life's too hard it shouldn't be this way cry cry sniff sniff.

Old 04-06-2021, 09:28 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
So in standing up for minorities, the MLB relocates the All-Star Game from a city that is 51% Black to a city that is 76% White.

The irony of wokeism.
It's worse than that.

Denver: 10% Black
Atlanta: 54% Black

US Census Bureau

MLB totally screwed Atlanta's Black-owned businesses and workers. They're giving the ASG economic boost to Denver whiteys, instead.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:56 AM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
People who make this distinction are missing an essential point.
People provide the required ID when they register.
Their registration is in effect for as long as they are voters.
If they registered at a time when only a social security number was required, they are registered to vote.
They do not need to jump through hoops to get additional ID to vote.
As long as their signature can be verified, their vote counts.
The end.

"As long as their signature can be verified, their vote counts." So if the signature doesn't match to county employees it doesn't count. Isn't that controversial on itself? Georgia got rid of that and it's just I.D. (which 97% of registered voters already have) so every vote counts regardless how you sign your name which signatures could change with age or illness.

Georgia Laws of straight I.D. on the form is way better than signature match. Do Airlines choose signature match over I.D. to board their multi-million dollar planes and the safety of everyone on board?

Old 04-06-2021, 03:19 PM

558 posts, read 338,306 times
OP here, I said nothing about race. If I had to stand in line for 6 hours, I might give up. My feet hurt. Maybe that is the point of the line standing requirement.

Colorado somehow manages 100% mail-in ballots. If the Stone Mountain Slavery Monument State can’t figure it out, then that is their problem. Take your lawn chairs and watch the slavery laser light show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies