Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 11:51 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Agree some people are just born to be criminals. Any teen that commits a violent, predatory crime such as car jacking, armed robbery, murder is probably a born predator.
I cant imagine car jacking someone at 13 y.o. Maybe steal some skittles at 7-eleven I can see a teen doing, but stealing a car and flipping it causing it to flip is a born criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 11:51 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,810,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Agreed, sadly, some posters here would just make plea deals with the criminal like the current prosecution.
Absolutely. Court cases waste tax dollars.

It's better to have a plea deal where the defendant pleads guilty and serves 20 years than to go through a long court case where there's a possibility of the defendant getting off free.

I know liberals don't care about spending other people's money, but pleas have their value.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:53 AM

1,950 posts, read 1,128,818 times
Quote:
I trust The Washington Post over you any day, nice try.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...cec_story.html
Good. The Washington Post article and quote you provided agrees with me. No plea deal has been reached yet like you claim. I'm not sure why you keep providing evidence of you being wrong. We believe you're wrong already.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:54 AM

24,624 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I cant imagine car jacking someone at 13 y.o. Maybe steal some skittles at 7-eleven I can see a teen doing, but stealing a car and flipping it causing it to flip is a born criminal.
Not to worry, these are good children who simply had a bad day. Surely every president, executive, doctor, or nurse has a resume of carjacking and murder in their teenage years.

This plea deal will help rehabilitate them.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:55 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
I can't either. There is something fundamentally and deeply, maybe permanently wrong with a teen to do something like that, even for a male teen and these are females lol.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
Good. The Washington Post article and quote you provided agrees with me. No plea deal has been reached yet like you claim. I'm not sure why you keep providing evidence of you being wrong. We believe you're wrong already.
I'm not sure you understand what a plea deal is, but clearly you still think this is going to trial. Not even the 13 and 15 year old are that naive.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:58 AM

1,950 posts, read 1,128,818 times
Quote:
I'm not sure you understand what a plea deal is, but clearly you still think this is going to trial. Not even the 13 and 15 year old are that naive.
I don't think this going to go to trial and I never said such. Did you even read the articles? The prosecutor is likely to offer a plea deal.

Even 13 and 15 year olds are capable of reading the actual articles.

Old 04-07-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
I don't think this going to go to trail and I never said such.
Sweet, so you're not entirely naive.

Well that's good to know, thanks for trolling.

Old 04-07-2021, 12:02 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
I dont care if these girls were teens. They murdered a man working. They had no regard for life. Even to the point that they were looking for their phones after they killed him.

Anyone agree with the punishment?

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ajq-story.html
Until there is no more utterance of "the human brain is not fully developed until age 25" and that is no longer used as a defense to restrict freedoms by age, I am ok with the punishment.
Thirteen and 15 year old brains are not developed enough to be responsible enough to distinguish the consequences of their actions. If those young brains aren't mature enough to understand the consequences of smoking or drinking how can they be mature enough to understand the consequences of jacking a car?

Old 04-07-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I can't either. There is something fundamentally and deeply, maybe permanently wrong with a teen to do something like that, even for a male teen and these are females lol.
I guess it wouldn't be so bad if the American correctional system actually rehabilitated criminals instead of just punished them, but we don't do that in America.

Your tax dollars will likely help create a far worse criminal when they're released which is partly why we have such high recidivism rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies