Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 07:43 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Is VAERS totally bogus? I’m asking.
Half true?
A third true?
All fake claims?
1% true claims?
What?
The website I provided in my post will be very helpful to you in understanding VAERS and perhaps provide the clarity that you seek. It gives a full picture of the system and its purpose and how the science professionals and the medical experts at the FDA & CDC utilize the collected materials as one component of the USA's comprehensive vaccine safety monitoring program. Additionally it takes the reader through a reported event as it illustrates how misuse of the data occurs. Here it is again.
https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/sc...d-19-vaccines/

Here is another from the CDC titled: Understanding the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System: VAERS.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/pat...lor-office.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2021, 08:37 AM

8,146 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Yes, since somebody told you that, it must be true. "

We are NOT talking about how many on the left, including YOU follow this to a T on whatever the alphabet TV and liberal papers like teh ny slime, wash, post etc, Yes, since somebody told you that, it must be true.

Unlike YOU I actually KNOW people who work in the field and they KNOW FIRST HAND what is going on at where they work

You are NOT there, yet because it does NOT fit your bias, you want to ACT like you know what is going on. Being you made the claim, You MUST KNOW the 2 place they work.

You MUST KNOW because you say it is not true and you have 1st hand knowledge.

PROVIDE IT!

"Put up or SHUT up", as they say.
Explain excess deaths for 2020. They are all by actual death certificate. I'll wait.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:40 AM

8,146 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Do whatever you want, I don't care. Thanks for asking permission, though. Glad you understand your place in the hierarchy here.
Blah, blah, blah.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html

"Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination
To date, Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) has not detected patterns in cause of death that would indicate a safety problem with COVID-19 vaccines.

FDA requires vaccination providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS.
Reports of death to VAERS following vaccination do not necessarily mean the vaccine caused the death.
CDC follows up on any report of death to request additional information and learn more about what occurred and to determine whether the death was a result of the vaccine or unrelated.
CDC, FDA, and other federal partners will continue to monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.
Over 167 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through April 5, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 2,794 reports of death (0.00167%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS."

Old 04-09-2021, 09:28 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
I wonder how many of those who die within weeks of their vaccine are even reporting to VAERS?

Old 04-09-2021, 12:29 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,876,931 times
"Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination
To date, Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) has not detected patterns in cause of death that would indicate a safety problem with COVID-19 vaccines.

Please - just keep reposting this as often as needed. NOT taking the vaccine is far more dangerous for the planet than TAKING IT is for you, personally. You have to decide which is more important to you: Yourself, or your family.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:21 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
The website I provided in my post will be very helpful to you in understanding VAERS and perhaps provide the clarity that you seek. It gives a full picture of the system and its purpose and how the science professionals and the medical experts at the FDA & CDC utilize the collected materials as one component of the USA's comprehensive vaccine safety monitoring program. Additionally it takes the reader through a reported event as it illustrates how misuse of the data occurs. Here it is again.

Here is another from the CDC titled: Understanding the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System: VAERS.
Thank you.
I'm asking because I really don't know how many of the claims on VAERS are actually true. I don't see much on the first link that I don't already know about how claims are going viral and could be inaccurate. The second link looks more informative and I will look at it later.
Even if half of the claims were real, that's still a lot though.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:25 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,983 times
Rapper DMX has the vaccine a week ago and died today after a heart attack a few days ago. Original story was he had a drug OD but his family says no drugs were involved.

Either way, the EU is pulling a way from the AZ vaccine, several J&J sites shut down due to adverse effects.

Not something I am rushing to get.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:31 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,977 times
This statement just came out about AZ vaccine today. Looks like the people who already DID take that one were in fact "guinea pigs".

Vaccine advisers to the federal government tell CNN they don't foresee AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine being used in the United States, and even if it were offered, they personally wouldn't take it, given the other available options.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp

Old 04-09-2021, 04:01 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Thank you.
I'm asking because I really don't know how many of the claims on VAERS are actually true. I don't see much on the first link that I don't already know about how claims are going viral and could be inaccurate. The second link looks more informative and I will look at it later.
Even if half of the claims were real, that's still a lot though.
VAERS doesn’t determine causation and that seems to be what is tripping you up. Your question is not relative. You seem to have conflated something you are calling real or true claims with reported events as proof of causal relationship to the vaccine. That is inaccurate . VAERS is not designed to identify cause and effect. VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. It may well be real/true that someone got a hangnail on the day after they received a vaccine and reported it to VAERS. It is then counted as a reported event. That does not mean the VAERS calculated data of reported events (the total numbers of reported events and types, by anybody, during any such period, of which that hangnail report is one) is indication of any confirmation of causality to the vaccine. It is just saying they got that many reports by folks.

May I refer you back to the posts, articles and websites that discuss VAERS. The answers are indeed there. Especially the site that provided the illustration of a reported event.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 04-09-2021 at 04:37 PM..

Old 04-10-2021, 08:57 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
we currently have more vaccine shots administered than we have people who have contracted COVID.
50M shots, 2500 potential deaths.
31M people with COVID in the US with 565,507 deaths.

Anyone suggesting the shot is too dangerous is not making an argument based in reality. period. This isn't a debatable point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies