Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 02:25 AM

13,032 posts, read 7,160,756 times

Advertisements

Your chances of serious adverse effect from the vaccine is less then winning the power ball 169 million doses have been given to Americans and 2700 people died around the time they got the vaccine. I got my vaccine Moderna last Monday nothing more then a sore arm for a few hours. Majority of those people who died had nothing to do with the vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 02:55 AM

936 posts, read 816,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Nothing wrong with people making informed choices is there?

Interestingly, I read that Chinese officials are refusing to get the vaccine. Not sure if there is already a thread about that.

http://www.capoliticalreview.com/cap...ne-so-far-cdc/

So you pull a biased, misleading article from a right-wing nutter website and present it as fact?? How can anyone make an "informed choice" when you're posting fiction?

A lot of the so-called "info" in the web link you posted comes from the "National Vaccine Information Center." Sounds like an official government agency--but it's not. It's an anti-vaxxer non-profit. They've been barred from Facebook for spreading misinformation. You can post this crap on city-data because city-data doesn't seem to have any integrity or any sense of public responsibility.

I would take you more seriously if you would actually use reputable sources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...rmation_Center

Old 04-08-2021, 05:30 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, that is wrong. Every death reported to VAERS is investigated.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html
  • FDA requires vaccination providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS.
  • Reports of death to VAERS following vaccination do not necessarily mean the vaccine caused the death.
  • CDC follows up on any report of death to request additional information and learn more about what occurred and to determine whether the death was a result of the vaccine or unrelated.
  • To date, VAERS has not detected patterns in cause of death that would indicate a safety problem with COVID-19 vaccines.
  • CDC, FDA, and other federal partners will continue to monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.

No, that is not the way COVID-19 deaths are reported. There were death certificates that were incorrectly filled out. Those were found out and corrected. They were outliers.

Cannot rep you again yet.
I know people in the senior care business field and BOTH, they live in different states and work for different companies say whenever an elder person dies, NO MATTER FROM WHAT, it is AUTOMATICALLY ruled as a covid death BECAUSE the fed give them $10,000 per.

You think this might affect the covid death numbers?

Old 04-08-2021, 06:22 AM

8,050 posts, read 3,619,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I know people in the senior care business field and BOTH, they live in different states and work for different companies say whenever an elder person dies, NO MATTER FROM WHAT, it is AUTOMATICALLY ruled as a covid death BECAUSE the fed give them $10,000 per.

Lol. Yes, since somebody told you that, it must be true.

If you don't believe the Covid numbers look at excess deaths for 2020. I'll wait.

Old 04-08-2021, 06:49 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,317,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol. Yes, since somebody told you that, it must be true.

If you don't believe the Covid numbers look at excess deaths for 2020. I'll wait.

Couldn't rep you again, yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

No, I don't think it affects the COVID death numbers becuase it's complete bull****. Hospitals get reimbursed through the CARES Act for treatment/services provided, not for deaths.

..."Providers can get additional reimbursement through Medicare. That was a component of the CARES Act that was passed by Congress and signed by the president as a partial offset to all the extra costs that providers are incurring," Potter said.

People also claim death numbers are being inflated so hospitals get more money. Potter says that’s not true for two reasons.

The first, Potter says that 20% add-on from the CARES Act is only for services provided, not deaths.

In actual dollar amounts, Potter says the 20% payment averages out to be around $35,000 per patient on a ventilator.

Potter says the second reason it's not true is because of checks and balances.

“If somebody knowingly alters the medical record, which would then create the bill I think is being alleged here... That would be caught through audit. And if that occurred, you could be prosecuted -- there’s huge penalties," Potter said.
https://fox11online.com/news/fox-11-...ovid-19-deaths

Now, show us some official information that says hospitals or care facilities get .gov money for a COVID death, not a COVID treatment.

Old 04-08-2021, 06:54 AM

23,666 posts, read 23,982,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
#1 - VAERS does no causal analysis that I'm aware of.

#2 - What percentage of the 56M+ fully vaccinated Americans is 2249? What percentage of the 136M+ Americans who have received at least one dose is it?
The bottom line, which you cannot escape, is that people have died as a result of taking the "vaccine."

If there is ANY requirement for this "vaccine" in order to participate in society, whether it's from government or not, it's literally a life and death decision.

I know we're on opposite sides of politics, but surely even you can see that that's not right.

Old 04-08-2021, 06:59 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,317,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The bottom line, which you cannot escape, is that people have died as a result of taking the "vaccine."
There is zero data to back up that assertion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
If there is ANY requirement for this "vaccine" in order to participate in society, whether it's from government or not, it's literally a life and death decision.

I know we're on opposite sides of politics, but surely even you can see that that's not right.

I don't know that we're on opposite sides of politics - what's the opposite of an Independent? As with all things societal, it typically comes down to the good of the many vs. the good of the few.

IF the vaccine is shown to be dangerous to people with certain vulnerabilities, they should be exempted from any effort to force them to take it, sure. We're a long way from being there, yet.

Old 04-08-2021, 03:14 PM

3,996 posts, read 1,852,167 times
is that people have died as a result of taking the "vaccine."

Millions have died from NOT taking the vaccine. And in the future - many more will die, who catch it from someone who did not take the vaccine.

Old 04-08-2021, 03:31 PM

42,661 posts, read 17,872,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Your chances of serious adverse effect from the vaccine is less then winning the power ball 169 million doses have been given to Americans and 2700 people died around the time they got the vaccine. I got my vaccine Moderna last Monday nothing more then a sore arm for a few hours. Majority of those people who died had nothing to do with the vaccine.
And you know that how ?

Old 04-08-2021, 03:32 PM

42,661 posts, read 17,872,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
is that people have died as a result of taking the "vaccine."

Millions have died from NOT taking the vaccine. And in the future - many more will die, who catch it from someone who did not take the vaccine.
Not the ones who are vaccinated though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies