Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 09:40 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Probably have mental problems more from American Madness that's gone on for the past year whether they've had Covid or not.

Lockdown!! Stay home!! Don't mask up!! Mask up!! No school for kids!! Kids kill Grandma!! Don't touch your mail!! Don't touch surfaces!! Surfaces are not a worry!! No seeing family!! Stay home at holidays!! Six feet apart!! Three feet apart!! Have your groceries delivered!! Don't touch grocery packaging!! Wear gloves!!

The cure has been worse than the disease.
Oh come on. It’s not like it has turned anybodies kid into an under educated, socially illiterate zombie, that is unable to empathize with anything other then the screen of an iPad, is 16 years old and now has the muscle development of a child who is prepubescent.

If we can just save one life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 09:48 AM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Anxiety and depression are rampant in society anyway. The other issues they talk about are minuscule in number. Neurological issues are not specified that I saw.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:49 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Oh, is that why half the nation is nutted out...

Old 04-07-2021, 09:49 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post

If we can just save one life...
at the risk of damaging many more,

but Big Brother knows what's best for all of us.

And the check is in the mail,
and my wife doesn't understand me,
and ....

Old 04-07-2021, 09:56 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Anxiety and depression are rampant in society anyway. The other issues they talk about are minuscule in number. Neurological issues are not specified that I saw.
What percent of society is diagnosed with anxiety or depression? The study says the Covid patients have significantly higher rate. 31% of Covid survivors are diagnosed with one or both of those within 6 months of having Covid. Per the study: "...did not appear to be related to how mild or severe the patient’s COVID-19 infection had been.......The disorders were significantly more common in COVID-19 patients than in comparison groups of people who recovered from flu or other respiratory infections over the same time period.

Also per the study" "Among those who had been admitted to intensive care with severe COVID-19 however, 7% had a stroke within six months, and almost 2% were diagnosed with dementia."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2BT2ZI

Old 04-07-2021, 10:03 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hmmmm, given that Covid apparently messes with the brain (which is why a symptom is loss of smell, which is a neurological issue) and they’re now discovering that even in mild cases one can suffer ongoing psychiatric disorders - I would say one would be a fool not to have a healthy respect for the virus. I dunno about psychotic fear. But neurological issues are certainly scary.

I’m not sure why that’s something to scoff at. It’s funny how people are oh so concerned about the long term effects of the vaccine, but are flippant about the long term (and yet unknown) effects of the actual virus. Which would appear to be a lot more common than vaccine injury, at this point.

Weird.
And my point was the fear of catching covid has caused greater psychosis than the virus itself.

Old 04-07-2021, 10:08 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
What percent of society is diagnosed with anxiety or depression? The study says the Covid patients have significantly higher rate. 31% of Covid survivors are diagnosed with one or both of those within 6 months of having Covid. Per the study: "...did not appear to be related to how mild or severe the patient’s COVID-19 infection had been.......The disorders were significantly more common in COVID-19 patients than in comparison groups of people who recovered from flu or other respiratory infections over the same time period.

Also per the study" "Among those who had been admitted to intensive care with severe COVID-19 however, 7% had a stroke within six months, and almost 2% were diagnosed with dementia."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2BT2ZI
~11%, or 40 million, that are diagnosed. No telling how many go undiagnosed.
For years now probably 1 in 4 people I know/meet are on some type of anti depression medication.

3,187 posts, read 1,508,977 times
This study is not conclusive. The whole country is stressed out by varying degrees. The DSM criteria for things like anxiety or depression are determined by experiencing symptoms of such (many general) for simply TWO weeks or more. (see below)

That would be quite a lot of people now I think. Not hard to meet the clinical definition either. Read it for yourself. I would easily meet the criteria for a lot longer than 2 weeks just when a beloved pet dies. Then I would gradually get over it and start to get back to my life. Not permanently damaged nor do I need meds.

What's next? Are they going to start diagnosing people with Oppositional Defiant Personality Disorder for refusing to take an untested vaccine too?

https://medicaidmentalhealth.fmhi.us...20Disorder.pdf

Last edited by motownnative; 04-07-2021 at 10:27 AM..

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
The USA is going fully into a mentally-ill version of Idiocracy, covid or no covid.

Old 04-07-2021, 10:21 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The USA is going fully into a mentally-ill version of Idiocracy, covid or no covid.
The internet is magnifying the affect. Without the net Covid would have hit harder, passed sooner and nobody would have been the wiser. I do also recognize the irony of posting this online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies