Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 07:28 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times

Advertisements

For many people, this is a VERY personal issue. I have no personal stake in it, but my views are based on (1) protecting kids and (2) what I perceive as the liberal madness taking place in the country today.

Regarding the protection of kids, people who are transgendered or who have a transgendered child are naturally going to become very heated on the subject as they naturally want to protect their children and do what is best is best for them, in their opinion. However, some children are not truly transgendered, although they might be identified as such. Those are the children who concern me because if they are surgically altered (and, yes, surgery does not take place earlier than 16 from what I have learned online), that is a very big deal. If non-surgical procedures can be reversed, I would think that would certainly be less traumatic, however.

But what about the children who are not transgendered, but are going through a transitory phase? (And, yes, many children do go through phases of many different kinds.) If they can convince their parents that they are not the sex they appear to be, and they go to a therapist (and especially a therapist who is part of, or very sympathetic to, the LGBTQ community.), who will protect those children? Obviously, they are not being protected enough now, or there would not be so many people wanting to later reverse the sex change therapy they had when they were younger.

And, yes, I have read that many "LGBTQ" children have committed suicide or have attempted suicide, and if it gets to that point to where there has been a suicide attempt, or even if a child requests psychotherapy or admits to suicidal thoughts because of any kind of feelings s/he has or if a school counselor recommends it, then at that point, I think intervention is definitely called for. However, just because a six-year-old boy likes to wear dresses and play with dolls, or an eight-year-old girl cries because she says she hates being a girl and wants to be a boy, is not a good enough reason to immediately identify a child as being transgendered and insist that s/he needs hormone therapy, in my opinion. Of course, it would do no harm to consult with a professional, but consulting is different from immediately jumping to a conclusion and to start dressing an apparent boy in girls' clothing or vice versa.

Again, the reason that I can be non-emotional about this subject (except for being angry about parents who are so anxious to show how "woke" they are that they risk harming their children because of it) is because it does not affect me personally. I do feel sorry for those to whom this is a painful subject because of what is going on with them in their own lives.

Last edited by katharsis; 04-08-2021 at 08:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 08:20 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
For many people, this is a VERY personal issue. I have no personal stake in it, but my views are based on (1) protecting kids and (2) what I perceive as the liberal madness taking place in the country today.

And, yes, I have read that many "LGBTQ" children have committed suicide or have attempted suicide, and if it gets to that point to where there has been a suicide attempt, or even if a child requests psychotherapy or admits to suicidal thoughts because of any kind of feelings s/he has or a school counselor recommends it, then at that point, I think intervention is definitely called for.
Very thoughtful comments overall.

I have no skin in the game here. Meaning I have not had to personally deal with this issue. However if a parent is forced to wait until their child tries to kill themselves and they do kill themselves then its too late. You cannot walk that back. What if they take something to OD and its fails but causes permanent damage to them?

It should not be political but whether if a parent has the right to make this sort of decision with their child or if the the government only can decide. If a parent is religious and does not believe in blood transfusions or necessary surgery because of their religious views many conservatives are fine with that even if the child dies. But on this issue they want to government to intervene.

I am usually a states rights person. And let each state sort that out. That is not always the best solution. Look at segregation. More important than states rights are individual rights. I believe most people have their kids best interest in mind. If we are going to have a hands off approach even with people with addiction issues having control over their kids unless they get into legal trouble and the spotlight is on them then parents should have a right on this issue. I don't know anyone personally who forced their kids to transition but I do know people personally in the past who have addiction issues and have kids and really should not be parents at all. We don't drug test every parent and weed out the ones who test positive. You have to give a little slack and hope for the best.

Old 04-08-2021, 08:50 AM

8,939 posts, read 2,960,520 times
Thank god. These gender bending freaks need to be defeated.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:08 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
You do know there are transgender conservatives, right? It ain't got nothing to do with your politics. It's not a conservative vs. liberal, or progressive issue. It's a neurobiological issue. God damn, man.

Live with the parts God gave you, until you turn 18.. and it's more psychological than neurobiological. My nephew was a normal healthy boy who was into girls like any normal boy would have been and suddenly the mother didn't let us see him for around 2 years... thanks to heavy conditioning, helicopter parenting, and manipulation tactics he's now a messed up teen who doesn't know who his gender identity is. The parent had control issues and was messed up herself and that psychological damage was passed onto the child. It was NOT a matter of him being BORN THAT WAY... he was MADE that way due to cultural and psychological influences.

Maybe some of them feel like they were born that way... fine... let them change gender when they turn 18. I'll bet the number that are this way due to cultural and psychological influences is probably around 75% of them. Even still, they can wait until they are 18. This idea it's all neurobiological is frankly crap. I mean I suppose it ends up being neurobiological after the conditioning is in place, but that's an effect.... the root cause is not because their DNA wanted them to be transgender from birth, in the vast majority of cases it's cultural, from my experience. Brainwashing. Be careful what you let those teachers tell your kids in public schools also. If I had kids I'd make sure they were raised psychologically well adjusted by promoting masculine traits in my boys, and feminine traits in my girls. If then they turn out different, so be it... I'll support them... but I'm going to give them every chance to excel as much as they can. Our culture puts a lot of garbage into the minds of it's citizens that is counterproductive to a good life.

https://theinterim.com/features/you-...uined-my-life/

Old 04-08-2021, 11:02 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Live with the parts God gave you, until you turn 18.. and it's more psychological than neurobiological. My nephew was a normal healthy boy who was into girls like any normal boy would have been and suddenly the mother didn't let us see him for around 2 years... thanks to heavy conditioning, helicopter parenting, and manipulation tactics he's now a messed up teen who doesn't know who his gender identity is. The parent had control issues and was messed up herself and that psychological damage was passed onto the child. It was NOT a matter of him being BORN THAT WAY... he was MADE that way due to cultural and psychological influences.

Maybe some of them feel like they were born that way... fine... let them change gender when they turn 18. I'll bet the number that are this way due to cultural and psychological influences is probably around 75% of them. Even still, they can wait until they are 18. This idea it's all neurobiological is frankly crap. I mean I suppose it ends up being neurobiological after the conditioning is in place, but that's an effect.... the root cause is not because their DNA wanted them to be transgender from birth, in the vast majority of cases it's cultural, from my experience. Brainwashing. Be careful what you let those teachers tell your kids in public schools also. If I had kids I'd make sure they were raised psychologically well adjusted by promoting masculine traits in my boys, and feminine traits in my girls. If then they turn out different, so be it... I'll support them... but I'm going to give them every chance to excel as much as they can. Our culture puts a lot of garbage into the minds of it's citizens that is counterproductive to a good life.

https://theinterim.com/features/you-...uined-my-life/

Here is a brain study comparing trans women's brains to both cis males and cis females. I knew I was trans when I was around 8, though I didn't know there was a word for it, nor did I know there were others like me. I couldn't tell anyone, my Dad would have probably beaten me to death, or close to it. I grew up in a very very small town, the population when I was growing up was about 500. I was beaten often for "acting like a girl", so I stopped, and suppressed it. I tried to hang myself when I was 10, that was the first of many suicide attempts. In my teens i discovered drugs. I didn't come to face this until I was 38, when I came out, in 2012. I knew I would lose my family and most if not all of my friends. I found a peace within myself I'd never known. I haven't thought of suicide since. There was no brainwashing. No cultural whatever. It wasn't academia, or peer pressure, or "liberal media" or anything else. I was just born differently than most. You can accept that, or not. Frankly, I don't give a sh--. I'm sick of having to constantly justify my existence to people who can't be bothered to look this sh-- up for themselves. I guess it's easier to find a link to some hypothetical bullsh-- and blame "liberal media" and "wokism" than it is to admit that biology doesn't give a rat's ass what we think about biological sex and gender, it's going to do what it does regardless of how we may feel about it.

Quote:
Male-to-female transsexuals have female neuron numbers in a limbic nucleus

Transsexuals experience themselves as being of the opposite sex, despite having the biological characteristics of one sex. A crucial question resulting from a previous brain study in male-to-female transsexuals was whether the reported difference according to gender identity in the central part of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BSTc) was based on a neuronal difference in the BSTc itself or just a reflection of a difference in vasoactive intestinal polypeptide innervation from the amygdala, which was used as a marker. Therefore, we determined in 42 subjects the number of somatostatin-expressing neurons in the BSTc in relation to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and past or present hormonal status. Regardless of sexual orientation, men had almost twice as many somatostatin neurons as women (P < 0.006). The number of neurons in the BSTc of male-to-female transsexuals was similar to that of the females (P = 0.83). In contrast, the neuron number of a female-to-male transsexual was found to be in the male range. Hormone treatment or sex hormone level variations in adulthood did not seem to have influenced BSTc neuron numbers. The present findings of somatostatin neuronal sex differences in the BSTc and its sex reversal in the transsexual brain clearly support the paradigm that in transsexuals sexual differentiation of the brain and genitals may go into opposite directions and point to a neurobiological basis of gender identity disorder.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10843193/

Quote:
(from your link) In AB v. CD,the BC Court of Appeal ruled that a female-born minor who wants to become a man can continue taking puberty blockers and testosterone against the objections of the child’s father. I wonder about the conversations that transgender adults may one day have with the judges who authorized them as children to pursue irreversible hormone treatments that caused permanent infertility. It might go something like this.
Then again, it might not. You know, I looked up John Carpay. Says he's an advocate for freedom. I wonder why it is that social conservatives talk a big game about freedom and individual liberty, but have a full on sh-- fit when people different from them assert their individual liberty and freedom.

Old 04-08-2021, 01:08 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Live with the parts God gave you, until you turn 18.. and it's more psychological than neurobiological.
So someone born with a cleft palate should just have to live with that until they are 18 also because you believe that is how god made them? Or conjoined twins?

Not every child is born without some complications. Trans people believe they did not come out the way they were suppose to. Like conjoined twins in a sense. And if the process is started before puberty its much more seamless in transitioning. Waiting until adulthood makes it a bigger issue.

I am not saying I get all of this. Just seems like the religious right needs to have something to rail against. I am talking about the politicians. They create the outrage then their voters suddenly decide its a major issue in their lives. There use to be sodomy laws aimed at making being gay illegal. Then opposition to gay marriage. Now its this. I say live and let live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies