Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2021, 03:32 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I don't see how this is moving the goal posts. They wanted to flatten the curve to avoid hospitals being overwhelmed, that is entirely different than wanting to develop a vaccine to open things back up. This crap about them wanting to shut down indefinitely is paranoid nonsense, a good economy and happy people are good for politicians.

Sure there is. The change in demographics for this uptick just adds to the mountain of evidence of the vaccine effectiveness. More Americans are getting vaccinated every day, that is the end in sight.

I swear some of you are like children screaming because it's still 10 more minutes drive until ice cream.
I'm not a Trump supporter.

I voted for Biden. I don't think "they" wanting proverbial lockdowns are Biden and the Dems.

"They" seem to be the twitter mob...the cancel culture types..the people with no friends who now have a common religion of calling people stupid over covid, calling everyone racists, bigots, anti-trans, etc.

These are the people that feed off the "this new variant is more CONTAGIOUS" hysteria.

I don't care about how contagious it is. I care about outcomes, and I'm hearing almost no information about actual outcomes, which are ALL THAT ACTUALLY MATTER.

I know dozens of people who have tested positive for this virus..of those dozens, I know 3 who had bad symptoms, and neither has had long term negative effects. This is not sufficient enough lethality or danger to shut a society down past a year. It simply isn't. This is supposed to be a free society, and the people should be able to decide how much risk they are willing to take. I'm pretty sure at this point, the vast majority of people are done with lockdowns. I had the vaccine, all my neighbors had it or are getting it, including the Trump supporters flying blue lives matter flags, including those who HAD the virus!! Regardless of what you want to believe, the goalposts HAVE been moved. It was 4-6 weeks, then it was wait for the vaccine, then it was wait for hospital capacities to catch up. Some hospitals in the NY metro area are talking about laying people off and closing sections because no one is there.

You can't continue to support an approach to the virus based solely on the fact that you want to be able to call Trump supporters and GOP supporters stupid. It's not rational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 03:35 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Well, once again, we are getting conflicting information: "Duke researchers find Moderna vaccine is effective against 2 variants" https://www.wavy.com/covid-19-vaccin...st-2-variants/

And then I found this:

"Study finds Pfizer, Moderna vaccines could be less effective against new COVID-19 strain"https://wwmt.com/news/local/some-vac...ovid-19-strain

Is it really any wonder that some of us prefer to wait and see?
That just shows bias in writing headlines.

What we need to see is whether people who have been vaccinated develop actual infections with the new variants.

Old 04-08-2021, 03:40 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
It depends on the variant- and there are a lot of them. Some are slightly more effective at getting past the vaccine. A few are a LOT more effective.

Once we get everybody vaccinated, a vaccine-resistant variant will inevitably show up. Then we'll either get a booster shot or get sick.

And life goes on

Old 04-08-2021, 03:40 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
We interrupt the irrational rants about how Biden couldn't have won the election because his rallies were small with socially distanced people for...
I've never made that argument. What about the hypocrisy of any leftist mass gathering not being a covid spreader, but any smaller gathering that isn't leftist is?

Old 04-08-2021, 03:45 PM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I've never made that argument. What about the hypocrisy of any leftist mass gathering not being a covid spreader, but any smaller gathering that isn't leftist is?
That's right.

BLM riot....not a mention of super spreader event.
Church choir singing...super spreader event.
200K illegals coming into the country and bused all over...not a mention of super spreader event.
Thanksgiving dinner with your family....potential super spreader event.

The double talk and outright lies have made so many people skeptical of our government that no one listens or cares anymore.

Old 04-08-2021, 03:47 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
One can only hope that vaccine refusers will winnow themselves out of the general population due to their stupidity.
The original Covid-l9 was a wasp ' sting compared to the deadliness of the variants. But, by all means, refuse the shot!
The results will be revealed by the mid-term elections.
I won’t be getting the vaccine. I doubt I’ll die if I get covid. Most people don’t. Sorry to disappoint you and not actually die.

Old 04-08-2021, 03:47 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
It depends on the variant- and there are a lot of them. Some are slightly more effective at getting past the vaccine. A few are a LOT more effective.

Once we get everybody vaccinated, a vaccine-resistant variant will inevitably show up. Then we'll either get a booster shot or get sick.

And life goes on
That's the point. At some point, you have to have an end game for masks and lockdowns and social distancing. 18 months at this point should be the max. By the end of this summer, when school starts again in September in the northeast, everything should be back on regardless of test rates and variants.

It should not slow down unless significant numbers of people get seriously ill and hospitalizations tax the systems capacity. I hear from those I know who work in hospitals that most people who come in with covid are out in a day due to how it is being dealt with therapeutically.

Old 04-08-2021, 03:49 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That's right.

200K illegals coming into the country and bused all over...not a mention of super spreader event.

The double talk and outright lies have made so many people skeptical of our government that no one listens or cares anymore.
BLM protests and riots actually prevented covid. Don’t you remember that “study” that told us that?

Old 04-08-2021, 04:05 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That's right.

The mainstream media is propaganda straight out of 1984.

Old 04-08-2021, 04:09 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
BLM protests and riots actually prevented covid. Don’t you remember that “study” that told us that?

Yes. BLM was the most effective "vaccine" as it allowed thousands of people to scream shoulder to shoulder without a single case spread. The vaccines delivered through needles are only 95 percent effective at most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies