Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 09:59 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times

Advertisements

Aren't these "vaccines" supposed to protect you from these variants?? If not, what's the point in them??

We are going backwards in my county for restrictions tomorrow starting at 6am due to numbers rising. Why is that if people are getting vaccinated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 10:01 AM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Aren't these "vaccines" supposed to protect you from these variants?? If not, what's the point in them??

We are going backwards in my county for restrictions tomorrow starting at 6am due to numbers rising. Why is that if people are getting vaccinated?
Beats me. And now there's talk of boosters. Everyone doesn't even have their shots never mind boosters.

And each new "variant" is described to invoke even more fear than the previously found "variant".

Yet before any vaccines were available we were told the vaccine would protect against all variants.
That one changed once a vaccine became available ?

Old 04-08-2021, 10:02 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Because the world has gone mad over a 99% survival rate virus.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:02 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,501,136 times
Had we not ignored this in the beginning, we would be past this, but folks said was a hoax, that it was no worse than the flu, that it would go away when it got warm, that it would go away after the election. This allowed time for variants to appear which we are now dealing with.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:13 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:

You understand that there are mutiple variations of the "flu shot" to address the issue of unique strains, right?

Old 04-08-2021, 10:15 AM

1,162 posts, read 456,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I am 67, and I say, "Enough and just stop with all the enforced precautions!"

If people want to continue to live their lives in fear and get vaccination after vaccination, that is their choice and their right, but I have had enough of feeling our lives are on hold because of this virus and its variants.

Yes, I might die sooner than I would otherwise, but I would rather have even six more months of living my life as I imagined it two years ago than to have to feel that 50% of what I looked forward to enjoying in my old age has been put on hold indefinitely.

IF this virus was proven to be a greater killer of those under 60 than cancer or heart disease, I would change my mind, but right now, as far as I know, old people are still the most likely to die from COVID by far. Well, I am one of the many old people who don't want to live out my final years either cowering in fear or being made to feel guilty for not doing so.

Wearing a mask is no big deal, but being required to get a vaccine in order to conduct any business outside of my own home or partake of any recreation where I would be exposed to other people IS. (And, yes, it is not that way yet, but what guarantees do we have that it won't come to that? And if I had to guess, I would be surprised if we are not at that point within a year. I mean, it took less than nine months to develop a vaccine, so instituting some kind of national vaccine database or "implant" chip or government-issued vaccine passport should be walk in the park by comparison.)

Btw, here is the list of leading cause of death by age groups. I found it to be quite interesting.

https://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/p...p_2017-508.pdf

You're young. Why do you act like you"re 97, lol

Old 04-08-2021, 10:17 AM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Had we not ignored this in the beginning, we would be past this, but folks said was a hoax, that it was no worse than the flu, that it would go away when it got warm, that it would go away after the election. This allowed time for variants to appear which we are now dealing with.
No country in the world is "past this". I do not think this virus will ever disappear just like the 1918 flu virus never disappeared.

We are going to have to learn to live with this and hope the virus mutates weaker like the 1918 virus did.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:20 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Life goes on if one uses common sense and knowing God is always at the helm.
God expects us to care about our fellow humans. In this context, that means wearing a mask properly, keeping distance, avoiding crowds, etc.

I know you're doing these things from your post. I'm just underscoring for the folks in the back. It's fine to have faith in God, but God expects something in return.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:23 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:

Yep. I have the same kinds of thoughts. I’m so tired of it all.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:26 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
We didn’t ignore it. Businesses closed down and reduced capacity, people worked from home, kids did remote schooling. People masked and distanced yet covid is still here.

Oddly these same precautions that we supposedly did not follow killed the flu yet didn’t do anything for covid apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies