Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 04:46 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,469,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Every liberal poster on this thread would be raising holy hell if the prisoners were... say, black... and... say, "peaceful protesters" from last summer's nation burning party, and were being mishandled in any way while in prison. Every liberal here would be screaming bloody murder and calling for "justice" and "equity" and "reparations" and blah blah blah. The fury of their sympathy and outrage would be crashing the internet and burning the local Wendys to the ground (the damn little red-headed gringa).

Yet another grain of sand on the infinite beach of liberal hypocrisy.
Last summer was a lie, this thread is how they really feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 04:47 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I don’t need to ask Kalief Browder. Plus I don’t even know who that person is.
A guy who spent 3 years in US jail without trial after allegedly stealing a backpack.

Old 04-08-2021, 04:55 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
They are Prisoners of War, GITMO was built for housing them.
No, they aren't. They're stupid people who took literally some hints dropped by an unscrupulous con artist and committed crimes in the process. If the crimes in questions hadn't been an attempt - however Marx Brothers like - to stop the peaceful transition of power, they'd be home now.

But they did what they did, it just so happens that we consider entering the US Capitol while yelling death threats on a different level than trespassing the property of the local 7-11, and so we have to crank up the entire legal machinery. Because they were - I might have mentioned this - stupid. In their actions, in their choice of cause, in their choice of leader.

They don't deserve to be treated any worse than any other inmates. But if US jail conditions suck, well - conservatives own a good deal of the responsibility for that, and there are conservative posters on this board who have relished in the thought. If they want to push for reforms to the system - I think that's an awesome idea, and I can only wonder what took them so long.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 04-08-2021 at 05:03 PM..

Old 04-08-2021, 04:57 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Every liberal poster on this thread would be raising holy hell if the prisoners were... say, black... and... say, "peaceful protesters" from last summer's nation burning party, and were being mishandled in any way while in prison. Every liberal here would be screaming bloody murder and calling for "justice" and "equity" and "reparations" and blah blah blah. The fury of their sympathy and outrage would be crashing the internet and burning the local Wendys to the ground (the damn little red-headed gringa).

Yet another grain of sand on the infinite beach of liberal hypocrisy.
They are total hypocrites.

I am pro law and order. Period. I don't care if we are talking about the people illegally entering the capitol building, or some crack addict on the street who robs people. They can all go straight to jail, and if they resist in any way, they can get their asses beaten as far as I'm concerned.

Liberals seem to only be pro law and order when it is white people being arrested.

Old 04-08-2021, 05:02 PM

3,462 posts, read 2,786,747 times
I predict most will plead guilty to misdemeanors. Overzealous LARPers.

Old 04-08-2021, 05:04 PM

929 posts, read 304,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

I am pro law and order. Period. I don't care if we are talking about the people illegally entering the capitol building, or some crack addict on the street who robs people. They can all go straight to jail, and if they resist in any way, they can get their asses beaten as far as I'm concerned.

Liberals seem to only be pro law and order when it is white people being arrested.
Absolutely. A few posts back a poster went on and on about growing up in NYC , and abuse in jail.

NYC is exactly where I learned to respect the Police, and conduct one self as an honest citizen.

And if one was stupid enough to be a jerk , one had to deal with the consequences. And the unpleasantness of the experience was enough to straighten many young people out. It didn’t matter what color you were. If it didn’t , that was their problem.

The understanding was, if you resist, you got beat. 1970’s New York City . No picnic.

Old 04-08-2021, 05:10 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I think it's hilarious that when Trump said he thought the police should rough up those they arrest the MAGAs cheered wildly. But now all of a sudden that doesn't seem like such a good idea anymore...

Sure, because it was the anti-trumpers that acted first....I'm going to assume that you just forgot about that.

Kinda like the guy who charged the stage while trump was on it....

But I guess that was also trumps fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KFSMZ6pJO8

And CNN promoted this violence....the left supports all this.....

Quote:
“I was thinking that I could get up on stage and take his podium away from him and take his mic away from him and send a message to all people out in the country who wouldn’t consider themselves racist, who wouldn’t consider themselves approving of what type of violence Donald Trump is allowing in his rallies, and send them a message that we can be strong, that we can find our strength and we can stand up against Donald Trump and against this new wave he’s ushering in of truly just violent white supremacist ideas,” DiMassimo told CNN.
https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/13/polit...ster-interview

Old 04-08-2021, 05:28 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,246,623 times
It should be mentioned that being labeled an "insurrectionist" on twitter is not the equivalent of being convicted in a court of law.

Old 04-08-2021, 05:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
A civil matter? George Washington personally led the rassum frassum US Army in the field to show the participants in the Whisky Rebellion the error of their ways.You think they were there to act as process servers?
Only 20 of the men were arrested and all were acquitted or pardon. So yes I would it was going very lightly on a large armed group in rebellion.

Old 04-08-2021, 05:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

I feel similar about illegal aliens. They need to be taken into custody and shipped out. I'm more bothered by a million or so invading our country every year than the one off protests invading the jerk offs in the Capitol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies