Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2021, 10:25 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Oh, CNN won't be covering it?

Here are two articles on it on CNN. Would you like to retract?

Perhaps you should re-consider your bias.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/08/us/yo...ing/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/08/us/so...now/index.html
To me it isnt that CNN and others wont cover it, but how they report it. I know they will report it. It just seems when it is a muslim or a person of color they tend to wait for more information before they speculate. When its a white guy it's a feeding frenzy of speculation and they pain with a damned broad brush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 10:29 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
To me it isnt that CNN and others wont cover it, but how they report it. I know they will report it. It just seems when it is a muslim or a person of color they tend to wait for more information before they speculate. When its a white guy it's a feeding frenzy of speculation and they pain with a damned broad brush.
Don't worry, the usual libs will blame it on the gun, not the vicious animal that committed the act. This time even killed little kids. Still the guns fault to the lib kooks. How can ANYONE with a resemblance of a soul blame a piece of iron for killing another human. This animal would have killed them with whatever handy. They had no chance. He would have killed them with his hands. This guy was seriously strong and much younger.

The only game changer would have been the victims also had a gun. The only option available but sadly they didn't.

500 million firearms in the US. No putting that toothpaste back in the tube. Find a solution that works like legally being able to save yourself from these animals that live among us.

Why women aren't getting this. You aren't removing firearms here. You can't whip a guy's butt 99% of the time so why are you pushing to disarms yourselves?

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 04-08-2021 at 10:39 PM..

Old 04-08-2021, 10:44 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
????? -----How do you get all of that from this case?

More likely this guy had long term mental health issues from multiple concussions but probably was still to 'legally' purchase a gun.

The bolded is the first thing I thought about when I heard about this on the news (prompted me to think about former Patriots player Aaron Hernandez, and also one of my neighbors growing up (the father in the family) who was a physician but also a lineman on a Division 1 NCAA team that played in two major bowl games (he was born in the 1930s). He died prematurely of a malady that was though to have had it's root in his on field activity).

Old 04-08-2021, 10:47 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
Wouldn't shock me If he used Biden's gun

No, that's permanently pointed towards the sky just to scare people away .

Old 04-08-2021, 10:49 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-shooting.html

Welp, CNN won't be covering this story. It doesn't fit the leftist narrative that white people are America's greatest threat. Biden seems to be off to a great start of uniting this country so far, just like he promised during his campaign.
2 former NFL players committed multiple murders on the same day and there are crickets about it on the MSM. Only sports radio is mentioning the story in their 90-second news breaks. There is no mention of these mass shootings because both shooters were BLACK! If the MSM can't persecute the Whiteman there is no story.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:51 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
As I said before, it is mostly a rural mentality that is so insistent on having lightly restricted ownership of guns. The 2nd amendment assumed that the US was a rural, frontier nation. Since this has not been true of the US for a very long time, that means that that amendment is outdated.

If we set up a system where it was much harder to get a gun, then the law abiding people would have nothing to worry about, except that they would have to jump through some more hoops to become a legal gun owner. Those additional hoops they would have to jump through would help prevent other people from killing each other. In another thread I described my own idea of preferable gun laws here.

Even in suburban areas that are less dense, there are fewer people living there! You are characterizing geographic areas based on the parts that have the fewest people!

To paraphrase gun rights advocates, "Acres don't kill people, people kill people." If you have 100 acres with 10 people, and a few miles away you have 100 acres with 1000 people, the 100 acres with 1000 people is more important than the 100 acres with 10 people, because there are more people on it! Thus, if the 1000 people in the one thousand acre area are killing each other willy nilly because they have easy access to guns, that is more important than the thousand acres with just 10 people.

1000 > 10.

"It is logical: The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."
-Spock-
What is your obsession with a density and your argument on acres makes no sense - whether there is 10 or 1000 or 1M in an area - they STILL have rights.

The laws need to target the 1 in 10 million that may abuse, not the 9,999,999 others that don't. You can not seriously think that you can control where owners live and doll it out based on density. People will start buying empty land in the middle of the desert to retain their rights.

If YOU make it harder, where does it stop? What makes you think that ONLY those that would like to ban guns are those that can determine when to stop?

I guarantee you don't obey every law and can not say that you never exceeded the speed limit. If we set up a system where it is much harder to be legal - it only encourages finding ways around the laws by law abiding individuals - it does nothing to those that are breaking the current laws.

Part of the reason that assault weapons bans are so stupid is that it regulates primarily cosmetic features, it does nothing but restrict legal gun owners.

Many silly gun laws already exist - for example NJ treats BB and pellet guns the same as any other weapon with fingerprint checks and wait times, in CA a shotgun or a handgun can be an assault weapon and in NYC a bolt action rifle can be classified as an assault weapon.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
2 former NFL players committed multiple murders on the same day and there are crickets about it on the MSM. Only sports radio is mentioning the story in their 90-second news breaks. There is no mention of these mass shootings because both shooters were BLACK! If the MSM can't persecute the Whiteman there is no story.
Wait...

Mass shooters are only white...I've seen it here a thousand times. MSM will get around to it if they don't have anything else to run like the newest Bama/Shore low IQ garbage. How can people watch anything like this.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:58 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,740,223 times
My preferred version of an execution goes like this:

The warden enters the cell and asks the convict to sit down. Then the warden says, "The good news is that after 18 years of legal maneuvering you finally received the death penalty. The bad news is that your victims' family and friends volunteered to carry out the execution for free. This will be their first time and they have no experience. They plan to bring baseball bats and kitchen knives which could be very painful for you. Sorry, man, but you had this coming. If it makes you feel better the cost of the lethal injection shall be donated to your favorite charity. And no, Hooters is not a charity, sorry."

Old 04-08-2021, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
My preferred version of an execution goes like this:

The warden enters the cell and asks the convict to sit down. Then the warden says, "The good news is that after 18 years of legal maneuvering you finally received the death penalty. The bad news is that your victims' family and friends volunteered to carry out the execution for free. This will be their first time and they have no experience. They plan to bring baseball bats and kitchen knives which could be very painful for you. Sorry, man, but you had this coming. If it makes you feel better the cost of the lethal injection shall be donated to your favorite charity. And no, Hooters is not a charity, sorry."
Libs freak out about people being killed. Until they have to worry about this "convicted" living in inhumane conditions. The logic there drives right off a cliff to anyone that knows anything binary.

Old 04-08-2021, 11:46 PM

1,953 posts, read 700,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Oh, CNN won't be covering it?

Here are two articles on it on CNN. Would you like to retract?

Perhaps you should re-consider your bias.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/08/us/yo...ing/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/08/us/so...now/index.html
Of cause, they will. Then, push the news to the btm before the ink dries, same as the capital attack news last week. They pushed the news out after they knew it was not a white man. Today, it was the first time that I saw it on the front page again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies