Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 02:58 PM

8,942 posts, read 2,963,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I understand the concealed. I guess. What I don't understand is the pictures I've seen of people walking around with their guns strapped to their chests looking like Chewbacca.

An armed society is not a polite society. Tell that to the police at the MI capitol when the yahoos with guns were screaming in their faces last year. You may be all "shucks" and "howdy ma'am" about it, but I doubt they are.
An armed society is a VERY polite society.

Criminals know that an act of criminality is like walking into a mine field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 02:58 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
Carrying a single concealed handgun does not = armed to the teeth. We aren’t walking around like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando. And most handguns that are carried concealed are typically compact frame handguns so they remain concealed. Just FYI.

And I a, happy for Tennessee. They have joined 19 other states in allowing constitutional concealed carry without a permit. Looking forward to moving to my new home state of Maine in a few months which also recognizes the importance of this freedom. Been holster shopping trying to decide what to get to carry my M&P shield every day.
Carrying a gun everywhere you go doesn't equate to freedom in my book. It equates more to fear than anything. But whatever.

Old 04-12-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post

Criminals know that an act of criminality is like walking into a mine field.
Yet, amazingly, we still have mass shootings and criminals. You guys must not be doing a very good job of intimidation.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:04 PM

795 posts, read 407,722 times
Quote:
Carrying a gun everywhere you go doesn't equate to freedom in my book. It equates more to fear than anything. But whatever.
I look at it more like being prepared. Ya know, the old boy scout motto. Always be prepared. It’s no different than keeping a set of jumper cables in your car. Or putting recovery gear and some emergency supplies in your vehicle in winter time. The world has gone crazy lately with the BLM terrorists rioting and looting and destroying property and attacking people that won’t bow down to their wishes. If anything the civil unrest of late is more reason than ever before to be prepared to defend yourself and those you care about. Personally, I have no desire to be a victim.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Yet, amazingly, we still have mass shootings and criminals. You guys must not be doing a very good job of intimidation.
Look at the stats on that. More gun violence and murders happen in Detroit than any other city in the nation. Detroit also has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. Criminals and thugs do not follow the law. Now, if a thug knew that every single patron in that convenience store he is about to knock over is potentially armed, would he even risk it for the 50 bucks he may get from the register? Probably not.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I look at it more like being prepared. Ya know, the old boy scout motto. Always be prepared. It’s no different than keeping a set of jumper cables in your car. Or putting recovery gear and some emergency supplies in your vehicle in winter time. The world has gone crazy lately with the BLM terrorists rioting and looting and destroying property and attacking people that won’t bow down to their wishes. If anything the civil unrest of late is more reason than ever before to be prepared to defend yourself and those you care about. Personally, I have no desire to be a victim.
Being prepared evidently hasn't help one iota with the gun violence and mass shootings that have been rampant in this country.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Look at the stats on that. More gun violence and murders happen in Detroit than any other city in the nation. Detroit also has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. Criminals and thugs do not follow the law. Now, if a thug knew that every single patron in that convenience store he is about to knock over is potentially armed, would he even risk it for the 50 bucks he may get from the register? Probably not.
So tell me when the cops come to the convenience store, how will they know who the bad guy or the good guy is? Sorry, no, not everybody needs to be carrying a weapon.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Being prepared evidently hasn't help one iota with the gun violence and mass shootings that have been rampant in this country.
Ever notice how those always seem to occur in posted gun free zones and the few places where those with CCW permits aren’t allowed to carry? Pretty much every state that issues CCW permits does not allow carry in schools, churches, or government buildings.

Ever notice how those gun free zones do nothing to stop the criminals? They know flat out that because it is a gun free zone, they will be the only one to have a gun and therefore no resistance.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
So tell me when the cops come to the convenience store, how will they know who the bad guy or the good guy is? Sorry, no, not everybody needs to be carrying a weapon.
The bad guy will be the one on the floor with his hands over his head being held by the good samaritans until the police can take them into custody. Pretty easy.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:42 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Yep. The rest of the advanced world is a pathetic collection of violent, hellhole countries. Only the US, Mexico, and Guatemala have polite societies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies