Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 08:41 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,753,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
It's not a view I hold so as to provide entertainment for others.
You can resist cops orders and even fight them and bear spray them and everything else as long as you are part of MAGA. So maybe you have a point.

For the rest of us we comply..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 09:12 PM

78,350 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The people running the department are not the idiots on the street who thought rousting the guy was a good idea. And, the people in charge have limited ability to punish moronic cops, due to union agreements and stupid laws.
That is one insanely wild pass-the-buck.

Those are the same people that make the union agreements and pass the "stupid" laws.

I mean seriously, you really just tried that?

Old 04-10-2021, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
You can resist cops orders and even fight them and bear spray them and everything else as long as you are part of MAGA. So maybe you have a point.

For the rest of us we comply..
Do you have some broader statistics to show us because after the ANTIFA\BLM protests this summer and then the wackjobs at the capital (where one got shot dead), I need more than anecdotes.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:21 PM

Quote:
They are fake conservatives. To me conservative just means right wing authoritarian. They want the police to be an unstoppable force cracking down on minorities . It's an alliance and understood partnership. You are here as police to keep the second and third class citizens in line.

They would love the return of Jim Crow or Apartheid.
WTH are you talking about? Conservatives hold ZERO sway in the areas with the worst reputations for abuse.

I'm not saying they can't be scumbags in their own area but are you blaming conservatives for how NY, LA, Chicago and so forth have earned their reputations for treating black people?

If so, you've been blindly misled as to where the problem SOLELY is, while the NYPD and others have given you the Amadou, Floyd, McDonald and many other abuses.

I'm not saying that some klan minded policeman in the south in conservative country is not at fault, I'm merely asking you to recognize that it's not JUST them and that if you keep bending over for the party while they Amadou Diallo you while telling you it's just one bad apple....then well, you put party over principle.

Watch 2021 and how many people abandon BLM while IT KEEPS HAPPENING.......wheeeeeee, it was fun to protest with Trump in office.......we can go back to the "bad apple" argument now.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:24 PM

15,413 posts, read 7,472,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That is one insanely wild pass-the-buck.

Those are the same people that make the union agreements and pass the "stupid" laws.

I mean seriously, you really just tried that?
The people currently in charge were likely not involved in negotiating the union agreements.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:44 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,513,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
No individual is under any ethical or moral obligation to accept being detained and bound by another, when they know they have done no wrong.

It is morally acceptable to resist with force (deadly if need be) in such situations.
Oh, that's adorable. If you're black you could end up dead if you try that sovereign citizen nonsense.

If white, you'll be okay. Might get arrested, but you'll live.

Old 04-11-2021, 10:44 AM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Philando Castile was indeed a very sad example of a man trying to comply, and a cop took his life.

As for Diamond Reynolds who was with him, her calm composure was the best thing she could have done with an amped up panicked cop with a gun in his hand for sure, most impressive after her just watching Philando get mortally shot 5 times (7 shots fired), so more like BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Officer Jeronimo Yanez was so panicked he missed from 3 feet away.

But she wasnt his wife.
You're 100% correct. Duly noted.

Old 04-11-2021, 11:39 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Oh, that's adorable. If you're black you could end up dead if you try that sovereign citizen nonsense.

If white, you'll be okay. Might get arrested, but you'll live.
Not sure what you mean by sovereign citizen.

Have you got stats you that validate your claim?

Old 04-11-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The people currently in charge were likely not involved in negotiating the union agreements.
Newest agreement was made 2 months ago. Several of the members have been on there for many years (check the link). Even if they were not, who were the previous LAPD board members? Are you trying to spin that they were really that different 5, 10, 20 years ago?

Old 04-11-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
They are fake conservatives. To me conservative just means right wing authoritarian. They want the police to be an unstoppable force cracking down on minorities . It's an alliance and understood partnership. You are here as police to keep the second and third class citizens in line.

They would love the return of Jim Crow or Apartheid.
I'm pointing out the absurdity of distraction that has been fed to you where these city governments have allowed these abuses for decades and now that there is some strength to the opposition, they have you completely deflected off politically at some other group that has absolutely ZERO power in running their abusive police departments.

Sweet baby J, the LAPD, NYPD, Chicago PD etc. are all entirely run by non-conservatives and have been for decades, but they have you upset at the conservatives.

Remember this when you make NO REAL PROGRESS on fixing these institutions.

The famous quote, "Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes" springs to mind. You need to start putting some faith in your own eyes when these politicians tell you that the people with no control over police policy in their city are the ones to blame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies