Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 10:21 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,916,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Perhaps you didn't notice the words "will be"?

And, screwed up? A lot of people are pretty happy so far, despite Rep attempts to undermine.

Actually, if you kept up on the news, you'd know that Carter is being re-evaluated as a pretty good, under-rated president.
Well of course he is, especially after only 3 months of Biden.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:34 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
From the OP, excerpted from the article:

As I said ... it is too early to tell if Biden will be "transformational" or not. The author of the article is speculating about something he cannot know yet. He's been in office less than 3 months and thus it is too early to tell much about anything.

So, once again, as I said ... "It is much too early to say much about Biden's ultimate success ..."

Not sure why that's hard to understand. Maybe the author will turn out to be right, and maybe not. I can neither agree nor disagree with the author when he has a 50-50 chance of being correct.
))& for once we agree. As you know, I am anything but a Biden supporter, but it's far to early to say if he will be a success or a failure.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:47 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,247,569 times
What an absurd puff piece. It's hilarious watching these country destroyers with their fingers in their ears going 'La la la la' trying to convince those of us with functioning brainpans that we aren't witnessing the three worst months in the history of United States presidential history.

Old 04-09-2021, 12:01 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
From the OP, excerpted from the article:

As I said ... it is too early to tell if Biden will be "transformational" or not. The author of the article is speculating about something he cannot know yet. He's been in office less than 3 months and thus it is too early to tell much about anything.

So, once again, as I said ... "It is much too early to say much about Biden's ultimate success ..."

Not sure why that's hard to understand. Maybe the author will turn out to be right, and maybe not. I can neither agree nor disagree with the author when he has a 50-50 chance of being correct.
So you disagree with the thrust of the article, which makes a definitive determination about what "will" happen.

And you agree with all pointing out the absurdity of it. I get it is hard to acknowledge.

By the way, you don't know how probability is calculated. The outcome will not be a random coin toss.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:06 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,989,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
))& for once we agree. As you know, I am anything but a Biden supporter, but it's far to early to say if he will be a success or a failure.

I have seen more than enough, Biden is worse than I even expected. He pledged to unify and has done nothing but divide.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:19 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
No, I'm not talking about the way Trump and his followers tried to mock Biden for prudently keeping a lower profile while Trump ranted maniacally.

This is Frank Bruni's column about how Biden is becoming presidential in a way that Trump never did, never could, and that it may end up, beyond anyone's expectations, being a transformational presidency.

Where did Joe Biden go?
The garrulous gaffe artist has been replaced by a disciplined policymaker.

By Frank Bruni

But it will be transformational to the extent that it's unlike any presidency that anyone would have predicted for Biden. It'll be transformational to the degree that he approaches it in an un-Biden-like fashion — with his head down, his comments proscribed and his focus precise...

That's how he vanquished Donald Trump — by not babbling too much, not taking the bait, tamping down his ego and making his quest about what Americans needed from whoever became their president, not about what an amazing president he in particular would be. He was less showboat than tugboat, humbly poised to pull us out of perilous waters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/19/o...president.html

https://www.startribune.com/where-di...-go/600036990/

https://dailyexpress.lk/activities/c...-america/7440/
I don't called acting like an addled old man, who needs notes to keep a simple train of thought, and who screws up the simplest talking points, being "presidential". I don't call being a race baiter, a liar and fear monger being "presidential".

Speaking of perilous waters, it's just a matter of time before we suffer a terrorist attack, thanks to Joe's opening up of the borders. That will be the single most evil deed he will have as his legacy, in a sea of evil deeds in just his first few months.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:24 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Biden is simply counting his $400K salary and future presidential pension, as Americans shoot eachother over $1400 stimulus checks.

This is a just a cush retirement job for him. No one at his age should be head of state, let a lone leader of the free world.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:48 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Biden is simply counting his $400K salary and future presidential pension, as Americans shoot eachother over $1400 stimulus checks.

This is a just a cush retirement job for him. No one at his age should be head of state, let a lone leader of the free world.
I was a Democrat for most of my life. Fortunately I saw the light over 20 years ago. When I was young I was always told that the Democrats represented the working man and I was a 30 year Teamster. There was a point where I woke up and realized they were worse than the Republicans because they lie about their sponsors. They figured out that working people don't have deep pockets and they turned to those that did, they just keep it a secret while still claiming they are the only true salvation - lie!

You look at all of the bills and executive actions since Biden took power. I wished that somebody is keeping track of how many of our tax dollars are going to fund those illegally in our Country and have been given to other nations around the world. What have they given to the working people that are legal citizens in our Country? Even much of the stimulus money is going to those that do not deserve it or pork. I love the "we have to go green" crowd. They hamper us on our quest to be energy self-sufficient and turn towards China for all the 'green' solar cells and batteries - of course we don't care about the pollution China creates (it isn't in our backyard). Of course we do not hear anything else about the $15/hr minimum wage. They do not want to admit that it was only political rhetoric to get them in office. They knew that many small businesses had gone out of business with the pandemic and that the new minimum wage would put the rest of them out of business. Of course it does not help anybody that they have opened the southern gates and now we are going to have more competition than ever for the few jobs remaining!

Of course our wonderful media still has their nose stuck where it should not be and they support everything this figurehead sponsors. The media and the left did great when they had somebody to blame and now all they can do is blame themselves. Just ask yourself who are these fools working for and don't say it is us!

Old 04-09-2021, 05:56 AM

10,176 posts, read 11,158,716 times
Quote:
Perhaps you didn't notice the words "will be"?

And, screwed up? A lot of people are pretty happy so far, despite Rep attempts to undermine.

Actually, if you kept up on the news, you'd know that Carter is being re-evaluated as a pretty good, under-rated president.
A lot of people are pretty happy so far?

No, Most are embarrassed and won't admit, how stupid they are, for voting for this—Despicable Idiot.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:59 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I was a Democrat for most of my life. Fortunately I saw the light over 20 years ago. When I was young I was always told that the Democrats represented the working man and I was a 30 year Teamster. There was a point where I woke up and realized they were worse than the Republicans because they lie about their sponsors. They figured out that working people don't have deep pockets and they turned to those that did, they just keep it a secret while still claiming they are the only true salvation - lie!

You look at all of the bills and executive actions since Biden took power. I wished that somebody is keeping track of how many of our tax dollars are going to fund those illegally in our Country and have been given to other nations around the world. What have they given to the working people that are legal citizens in our Country? Even much of the stimulus money is going to those that do not deserve it or pork. I love the "we have to go green" crowd. They hamper us on our quest to be energy self-sufficient and turn towards China for all the 'green' solar cells and batteries - of course we don't care about the pollution China creates (it isn't in our backyard). Of course we do not hear anything else about the $15/hr minimum wage. They do not want to admit that it was only political rhetoric to get them in office. They knew that many small businesses had gone out of business with the pandemic and that the new minimum wage would put the rest of them out of business. Of course it does not help anybody that they have opened the southern gates and now we are going to have more competition than ever for the few jobs remaining!

Of course our wonderful media still has their nose stuck where it should not be and they support everything this figurehead sponsors. The media and the left did great when they had somebody to blame and now all they can do is blame themselves. Just ask yourself who are these fools working for and don't say it is us!

Well stated and agreed. I was actually a Democrat up until Obama's second term, but I learned very quickly what a huge mistake that was.

Many conservatives start off as liberals but we learned to evolve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.