Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 07:02 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times

Advertisements

His EO's have to be scraped off the floor of a ****atorium and that's " disciplined"? He's been nothing short of a complete dumbass with one bad decision after another with a cackling hyena cheering his every idiotic move.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:14 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
Bruni is having a hard time dealing with Joe's dementia.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:38 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
I have seen more than enough, Biden is worse than I even expected. He pledged to unify and has done nothing but divide.
I can almost agree with this statement. I won't say he's done "nothing but divide", but I was hoping for more unity, more focus on what he wants to accomplish, and less oxygen given to Republican obstructionism. Giving any oxygen to that only serves to divide. He should focus on his goals, not their desire to undermine the will of the American people.

While your comment is mostly true, it lacks the context, which is often what Trump supporters do. Biden has been more divisive than we had hoped, but nowhere near as divisive as Trump was, with his blathering hatred, always blaming anyone but himself, and notably denying any responsibility when given the chance to lead.

So "True, but missing the bigger point"

Old 04-09-2021, 07:59 AM

10,744 posts, read 4,342,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
No, I'm not talking about the way Trump and his followers tried to mock Biden for prudently keeping a lower profile while Trump ranted maniacally.

This is Frank Bruni's column about how Biden is becoming presidential in a way that Trump never did, never could, and that it may end up, beyond anyone's expectations, being a transformational presidency.

Where did Joe Biden go?
The garrulous gaffe artist has been replaced by a disciplined policymaker.

By Frank Bruni

But it will be transformational to the extent that it's unlike any presidency that anyone would have predicted for Biden. It'll be transformational to the degree that he approaches it in an un-Biden-like fashion — with his head down, his comments proscribed and his focus precise...

That's how he vanquished Donald Trump — by not babbling too much, not taking the bait, tamping down his ego and making his quest about what Americans needed from whoever became their president, not about what an amazing president he in particular would be. He was less showboat than tugboat, humbly poised to pull us out of perilous waters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/19/o...president.html

https://www.startribune.com/where-di...-go/600036990/

https://dailyexpress.lk/activities/c...-america/7440/
I guess you missed his press conference....
Biden had every reporter in his pocket, and they still made him look like the worst President of all-time.....which he is so far.
Again dumbly looking to empower Iran, and making a fool of himself with Putin, going back and forth on the border wall, and $1400 stimulus checks which go straight to the debt collector....

Old 04-09-2021, 08:42 AM

1,517 posts, read 541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Biden took over a government in disarray. Hundreds of thousands of Americans dead by ignoring a pandemic, a cyber attack on our infrastructure, a ballooning trade deficit in a trade war Trump lost, ICE in chaos after having had numerous directors over four years, some not lasting but two months and the cancellation of all large scale military exercises. Its little wonder he doesn't have time to watch TV and spend time on self-aggrandizing.

Yes to this! Thank goodness we have a POTUS that puts country over himself. Disarray is a vast understatement, there was no government in place because the the last guy completely abandoned his duties.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:09 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Well stated and agreed. I was actually a Democrat up until Obama's second term, but I learned very quickly what a huge mistake that was.

Many conservatives start off as liberals but we learned to evolve.
Same here. I voted for Bubba twice. Sleazy dog that he is, he was the last democrat president who knew what democrats stood for. It was Bubba who formed the Jordan Commission to come up with ways to end illegal immigration. After the Commission presented their findings, I expected the dems to take those recommendations to heart and start implementing them. Instead, they ignored the whole report. It was at that point that my faith in dems started to erode---and it further eroded as time went on.

Old 04-09-2021, 04:39 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
So hiding away, avoiding all public interaction and being as absent as humanly possible: These just became good characteristics for a POTUS???

Man that's some next level BS right there.

Old 04-09-2021, 04:54 PM

9,322 posts, read 16,661,006 times
His family should be ashamed that for their own fame and fortune they allowed Biden to humiliate himself and run for President.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:21 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,149,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Wow!

There must have been extra rations of kool-aid today.

Only a blind, partisan democrat would call Biden's first few months "transformational". Biden has screwed up everything he has touched and looks like a complete moron.

Let's face it- Obama is calling all the shots and the major screw ups (border disaster, killing the energy sector, advancing tranny agendas, and race baiting) are pure Obama.
Obama main course, with a side of $$$, courtesy of your tech giants, that keep the old train rolling; that's Joe's MO. If he didn't have this, plus an infusion of some substance to jump start him before a press conference or public appearance, he'd be bedridden, spoon fed his applesauce, and watching Howdy Doody reruns.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:33 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
While they are obstructionist, the more important issue is who are they working for? Who are their laws and policies helping? They want Americans to think they are working for the little guy, but that is far from the truth. Many of our tax dollars are going to help those that illegally entered our Country or going directly to foreign governments, is that what we 'hired' them to do? When we vote for a politician we are voting for a representative, not somebody that represents those that do not share the same goals.

We will go deeper in debt than we have ever gone and our money will not even help our own people.
Well said

Today's democrats are not your father's (or grandfather's) democrats. The dems of yore truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. They would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages get depressed or were being displaced in the workforce due to illegal immigration---and they would have done something about it and I don't mean amnesty.

Bubba, sleazy dog that he is, did try to do something to put a stop to illegal immigration. When I noticed that his fellow dems didn't implement what the Jordan Commission recommended, that's when the dems lost me for good. Today's dems put illegals ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans.

Neither party is looking out for us but there once was a time when dems could be counted on to have done so. I bet today's dems are laughing themselves sick thinking about how they've hoodwinked their supporters into believing they still care about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies