Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2021, 07:58 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
This. I fall into that group. Not against vaccines at all. I’ve been vaccinated as a child, my kids get their vaccines on schedule, etc. I however will NOT take any of the current COVID vaccines yet. None of them have been fully tested yet, they have not been fully clinically proven, there is ever more evidence they are not fully effective against the various mutations, lots of reports of serious side effects and complications, etc. no thanks. I’ll wait a while for them to be properly processed and approved.
They have been extensively tested and there are no variants yet that are completely resistant to the available vaccines. If you are waiting for 100% effectiveness that is never going to happen.

The number of adverse reactions posted is tiny compared to the serious effects of the virus.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:16 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
There is one county in Georgia which is the home of a large Army base. So far, nearly 30% of its residents have confirmed covid, and it's currently increasing at the rate of one percent a week (of the entire population.) Nowhere else in Georgia comes close. It's a wonder they haven't made vaccines mandatory at the base - perhaps they're seeing how long it takes to get to natural herd immunity.
BTW,
The PCR test that's used to check for Covid is flawed.
It tells people they have Covid, when they don't.
So the county or state can scare people by saying the rate is extremely high, when it's not.
Must stay home!! Must lockdown!! Close restaurants!! Close schools!!
It's false testing.

The test is a joke.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:20 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
BTW,
So the county or state can scare people by saying the rate is extremely high, when it's not.
It's false testing.

The test is a joke.
Sure it is. Any other delusions?

Old 04-10-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Yep just going along with the anti-vaxxer logic being expressed, where any suspension of common sense and delusional interpretation of world events is acceptable to maintain your world view about vaccines.

I have no doubt that the vaccines work.
I also know the recovery rate from Covid, and how many mild cases there are compared to severe.
My immune system took care of it extremely efficiently, without the help of any vaccine. Mild, no breathing issues, no lung problems, no long-term effects mentally or physically.
I respect others' decisions about what to put into their own body. I guess you don't.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Countries in Europe are proving it's bogus.
Any other questions?

Old 04-10-2021, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
BTW,
It's false testing.

The test is a joke.
The test identifies the virus.
It cannot tell whether the virus is able to replicate or not, and doctors who interpret test results know that.
COVID-19 is the disease caused by the virus. The diagnosis requires symptoms of COVID-19, not just a positive test.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:35 PM

795 posts, read 407,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They have been extensively tested and there are no variants yet that are completely resistant to the available vaccines. If you are waiting for 100% effectiveness that is never going to happen.

The number of adverse reactions posted is tiny compared to the serious effects of the virus.
No they haven’t been. They were rushed thru in record time and only received emergency approval. Hard pass.

Also, what serious effects of the virus? It has a 99.6% survival rate. It’s not Ebola or the Black Plague. Everyone I know that has gotten it was tired for a few days. That was it. No hospital visits, no respirators, no deaths, nothing. This is no worse than the common flu. I’m also not in a high risk group at all. I will wait until they are fully researched and approved thanks. I’m not afraid to catch the sniffles from the Kung Flu.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
No they haven’t been. They were rushed thru in record time and only received emergency approval. Hard pass.

Also, what serious effects of the virus? It has a 99.6% survival rate. It’s not Ebola or the Black Plague. Everyone I know that has gotten it was tired for a few days. That was it. No hospital visits, no respirators, no deaths, nothing. This is no worse than the common flu. I’m also not in a high risk group at all. I will wait until they are fully researched and approved thanks. I’m not afraid to catch the sniffles from the Kung Flu.
Much of the research was done prior to March, 2020, so it is not true they "were rushed thru in record time". The short time required for testing to meet the standards for emergency use was due to the amount of money available. That allowed for large phase 3 trials. Some studies that usually would have been done in sequence were done simultaneously. The funding also provided for production of vaccine before approval - a gamble on the part of the vaccine makers.

Are 561,000 deaths in a little over 14 months not evidence that this virus is deadly serious?

"Everyone" that you know is anecdotal. Be thankful that none of them needed to be hospitalized or died.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:09 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
It's simple, unvaccinated individuals are only a risk to other unvaccinated individuals. Therefore, if everyone is given the choice, anyone unvaccinated is making the choice for themselves. I've become 100% pro-choice for vaccines after this mess. I'm even going to begin lobbying for mandatory school/college vaccinations to be lifted.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:12 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
The inventor of the pcr test has even said it shouldnt be used to determine if someone has a disease.
Add that they were running it 40-60 cycles of teplication they were getting a lot of false positives. An avacado, and a beer tested positive for having covid on a pcr test. One public figure took 4 pcr tests at once. 2 tested positive and 2 tested negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies