Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2021, 02:27 AM

37,112 posts, read 41,261,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
The inventor of the pcr test has even said it shouldnt be used to determine if someone has a disease.
Add that they were running it 40-60 cycles of teplication they were getting a lot of false positives. An avacado, and a beer tested positive for having covid on a pcr test. One public figure took 4 pcr tests at once. 2 tested positive and 2 tested negative.
No, he did not. He said it cannot tell whether someone is infectious or not, which is true.

More cycles will pick up patients with a very low viral load. They may be on the end of an infection or in the early stage of an infection. They very likely have such a low viral load that they are not going to spread the virus. I have not seen any reports using a cutoff of 60 cycles. Do you have a reference?

On the cycle threshold:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/90508

The PCR tests are designed to be used on material from specific sources. Other materials may have substances in them that interfere with the testing reagents and produce spurious results.

Elon Musk did not have PCR tests. He had rapid antigen tests, which do not use PCR at all.

https://fortune.com/2020/11/13/elon-...d-test-tweets/

Old 04-11-2021, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Is that how mortality rates are decided? A random person brings up one sarin attack and how many people died in that one?
You are in essence saying he is lying. The number of victims in the attack and the number of deaths should be easy to look up if you do not believe him.

Old 04-11-2021, 03:03 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You are in essence saying he is lying. The number of victims in the attack and the number of deaths should be easy to look up if you do not believe him.
I am not saying that, I am saying the mortality rate of sarin gas is not determined by one attack and the number of people who died in that attack.

Old 04-11-2021, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I am not saying that, I am saying the mortality rate of sarin gas is not determined by one attack and the number of people who died in that attack.
I see the point of the example is totally lost on you. No further discussion will be helpful.

Continue to believe SARS-CoV-2 is not a dangerous virus. The number of fatalities and the number who are disabled says otherwise.

Old 04-11-2021, 05:11 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,317,831 times
About a month ago husband and I got voice mails from local hospital asking us to call to schedule our vaccinations. Did not answer them.

Couple of days ago we both got a text from same hospital. This time there were boxes to check. 1. Yes, call me to schedule my appointment. 2. I have already received my vaccinations. 3. I don't want it. Do not contact me again.

Husband checked #3. I was going to as well but starting thinking about that. Would my name be put on a list for refusal? Who would get that refusal? The State? Medicare? I decided to not answer that text at all. No legal proof of my refusal.

Keep sending me texts. I will just delete them.

Edit: This is going way beyond science now.

Old 04-11-2021, 05:14 AM

7,237 posts, read 4,546,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
My workplace came up with a great way of finding out who is getting a vaccine and who isn't.

They made a special code for leave time to get the vaccine.

So unless I want to lie, probably a firing offense, they will probably know.

Old 04-11-2021, 05:33 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,670,759 times
Quote:
About a month ago husband and I got voice mails from local hospital asking us to call to schedule our vaccinations. Did not answer them.

Couple of days ago we both got a text from same hospital. This time there were boxes to check. 1. Yes, call me to schedule my appointment. 2. I have already received my vaccinations. 3. I don't want it. Do not contact me again.

Husband checked #3. I was going to as well but starting thinking about that. Would my name be put on a list for refusal? Who would get that refusal? The State? Medicare? I decided to not answer that text at all. No legal proof of my refusal.

I don't believe your story. You claim to have done some thinking which is clearly not true.

Old 04-11-2021, 06:46 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:

If you’re 48, I don’t see the downside of getting the vaccine. My brother-in-law is a doctor and he very strongly encourages vaccines because he has seen the results in cases needing hospitalization and/or resulting in deaths. There is a huge drop off in those cases since the most vulnerable have a high rate of vaccination. Just look at the charts in Israel and how they have few cases now. By now we have had enough of a test group to know how the vaccine has affected people and it seems to be as good or better than vaccines that we have taken for a long time.

Last edited by katygirl68; 04-11-2021 at 06:54 AM..

Old 04-11-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
If you’re 48, I don’t see the downside of getting the vaccine. My brother-in-law is a doctor and he very strongly encourages vaccines because he has seen the results in cases needing hospitalization and/or resulting in deaths. There is a huge drop off in those cases since the most vulnerable have a high rate of vaccination. Just look at the charts in Israel and how they have few cases now. By now we have had enough of a test group to know how the vaccine has effected people and it seems to be as good or better than vaccines that we have taken for a long time.
I was born in 1948. My husband tested Positive in December. No symptoms. He is refusing because he now thinks he has immunity.

Old 04-11-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I don't believe your story. You claim to have done some thinking which is clearly not true.
I am not answering them. Same as I didn't the first time they contacted me. I do not want the vaccine, or any card, or passport.

I haven't deleted that text yet, so I do have PROOF of what that hospital sent me. Sorry, not going to post it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies