Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 10:43 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Honestly, if I had a white child, especially male, I would start identifying them as bi-racial. At various times in our nation Italian, Greek, and Irish were classified as races. So, unless your child is 100% English or 100% French, your child could legitimately be considered bi-racial.

I can not believe we fought so hard for equality only to once again start handing out advantages and/or denying opportunities based on race. How have we let this happen?!?!?
Oh come on...we've told POC that they just need to try a little harder (for the last how many millennia) so they can succeed. What's wrong with white males trying harder for a few hundred years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 10:50 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Honestly, if I had a white child, especially male, I would start identifying them as bi-racial. At various times in our nation Italian, Greek, and Irish were classified as races. So, unless your child is 100% English or 100% French, your child could legitimately be considered bi-racial.

I can not believe we fought so hard for equality only to once again start handing out advantages and/or denying opportunities based on race. How have we let this happen?!?!?
So you're just encouraging lying and misrepresenting about your identity? That is rich considering your standing on this forum and your posts. I don't understand why we should encourage people to lie.

Listen, I am a multi-European national mutt (Irish, German, Dutch, Welsh, etc.) and have at least one Native American tribe from my father's side (my father's side is what makes me very multi-national), but I am so far removed from it (especially the Native American.) So because I couldn't get a tribal card, I did not list it and continue to not list it. I wish we didn't need to list nationalities because it makes us all quotas.

I also don't like the scholarship situation especially for white males. Let me explain something, scholarships shouldn't be just about being non-white or female. It could, don't get me wrong; but the issue with scholarships is also not helping those with financial issues whether you talk the poor itself or the middle class. All this does is limit people to sefdom unless they somehow marry up or hit the lottery.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:57 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Oh come on...we've told POC that they just need to try a little harder (for the last how many millennia) so they can succeed. What's wrong with white males trying harder for a few hundred years?
It's because not all white males are not cut from the same cloth. Listen I'm huge on equality, but we should push for equality so long as it doesn't put someone at an economic disadvantage. The problem I see is that there are many people who mortgage their lives, especially middle or lower-middle class/working poor white males who cannot get scholarships because of an equality quota or they cannot get enough scholarships to put in for and instead have to resort to the student loans. I mean as much as community college is an option, what they say about community college is true. There are many burnouts who drop classes, people in 092 classes that aren't functional and the test-ins to get into where you should be, are rather hard to avoid.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:17 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
And that's not even including international students. Princeton is extremely proud of the 68% figure (note the size of the font used), and of the fact that their students were chosen "holistically", not necessarily by performance on tests.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...074008066.html

68% is a big jump from 51% of the 2024 class I wonder if they are now counting Ashkenazi Jews as POC?
Yes, they included "international" students, and are calling that "diversity". So a student from Isreal is diversity.

This is just more "People of color" bull****. They're broadening the notion of "POC" to include anyone that's not white Anglo-saxon protestant. And best believe every single "Latino" student was white. When I was in college all the "Hispanic/Latino" minority students were ridiculously white. They make a mockery of the whole system.

They've cheapened what it means to be a minority to the point that it's a complete joke. End "diversity and inclusion". It's stupid now. They destroyed it. They are just making up "people of color" and using them to virtue signal.

Old 04-10-2021, 12:29 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Try harder at doing what?

Old 04-10-2021, 01:42 PM

1,094 posts, read 499,394 times
The shutdown of standardized tests probably has a lot to do with this, so probably a little preview of what's to come throughout the US, in Ivy League schools and everywhere else. Now they get to emphasize "diversity" and "holistic" admissions, and with rampant grade inflation and no standardized tests as equalizers to compare achievement and aptitude between schools, they can choose their freshman classes to be as "diverse" as possible. Affirmative action on steroids. No wonder so many white young families are emigrating out of the USA. Even though parts of Europe can have their own stupid policies, at least affirmative action like this is angrily rejected everywhere, including in France (except for the UK which is just copying US policies)-- hard to justify mass quotas against white people in a continent where white people actually are the natives in their indigenous, ethnic homelands. After all this is the reasoning that "woke" leftists (and RINO pro-big business Republicans and corporations, like Big Tech) use to discriminate against whites in the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand these days, white Americans after all are "settlers" and "colonizers" and, in their twisted logic, deserve every bit of suffering we get esp now that whites are becoming the minority in the USA and other "settler" style countries.

Bad enough that the Democrats push identity politics like this, but a big faction of "conservative" pro-big business Republicans loves it too, since they get an excuse to reduce American salaries and bypass white workers with cheap labor imported from abroad. White Americans are already a fast shrinking minority among American kids, in fact whites are a minority not only among US children but also among under-35 people in the United States as a whole, and for youth under 10, American whites are less than 40 percent of the population. Yet whites don't get any of the advantages of being minorities, and as they fall to even lower percentages of the population, they'll get targeted and hated even more. At least that's certainly now how it's looking.

Old 04-10-2021, 01:55 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
The thing is, whites were not in such disbelief about racial inequity when the Ivy League was a bastion of white cultural hegemony and it was minorities that were denied opportunities due to their race.

I don’t support a permanent new normal of anti-white bias that unfairly restricts whites, but it’s clear why these institutions want to communicate that they have moved passed their history. And now that the birth rate has crossed over 50% for minorities, we’re going to start seeing the same thing in school class makeup even if all races are clearly represented fairly.

Old 04-10-2021, 02:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Generally speaking most white American students don’t display the level of discipline and effort that high achieving Asian - Americans, do.

The US has historically tested middle of the pack when it comes to comparison of international test scores. Over the years the size of the pack has substantially grown.

If the US only submitted results from the highest scoring states, as say China does, the US international ranking would be top 3-5, depending on subject.

If the US denied high school education to students based in ethnicity, as China does, the US international ranking would soar.

If the US predetermined which students were university bound and excluded those not from participating in tests that are used for international comparison, as most countries do, the US international ranking would soar.
You act as if it's white students are the ones dragging down the US average. There's no real world difference between white and Asian achievement. Whites achieve above of what their GPA and test scores vs Asian's would suggest in practice.

Old 04-10-2021, 02:03 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Generation Z : 23% white

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-by-generation

People should've known this ten years ago. The public schools' demographics were tilting toward Asians and then Hispanics. Lots of Caribbean and African immigrants have come into the country as well.

Old 04-10-2021, 03:08 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The thing is, whites were not in such disbelief about racial inequity when the Ivy League was a bastion of white cultural hegemony and it was minorities that were denied opportunities due to their race.
No, they were a bastion of wealthy white cultural hegemony, and lower-class whites were also shut out. No one in my family went to an Ivy League school, and I come from one biiiiiiig-ass Catholic family. Plus, this whole racial diversity thing is relatively new. Even in 1970 the U.S. was 88% white. Even if a school had been 100% white in those days, it would hardly have been grossly out of whack with the population as a whole.

Last edited by fat lou; 04-10-2021 at 03:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies